sakit mammadov (azerbaijan, 1958)1
out of 52
Post on 07-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/michaelasanda-2548878-sakit-mammadov-1958/
- 2. Sakit Mammadov (Sakit Memedov) was born in Azerbaijan, Neftchala city (1958) Between 1974 and 1998 he studied at Azim Azimzade Azerbaijan State Art School, and he graduated with honor. In 1981 he started to study painting at IE Repin St. Petersburg Academy of Arts and he graduated seven years later, in 1987
- 3. His paintings were exhibited in several important international galleries.He has received seven important rewards, the Gold Medal of Shah Ismail Khatai, Gasanbekov Zardabi, Haji Zeynalabdin Tagiyev and the International Cup "Faith. The artist became the first Azerbaijani awarded with the prestigious Russian prize "Man of the Millennium", and last year, the most honored artist of Azerbaijan, member of the Union of Artists,became Honorary Academician of The Russian Imperial Academy of Arts
- 4. The portrait of Pope John Paul II, painted by Sakit Mammadov was handed over to the Pope, as a gift on behalf ofAzerbaijan, by President Ilham Aliyev. The late Pope John Paul II, whose portrait was presented to the pontiff on behalf of the Azerbaijani state, seeing his portrait, said: "It's me!
- 5. Sakit Mammadovs works are being presented at the Louvre Museum within an international exhibition of paintings called "Carrusel du Louvre" since June 17 (2015). For his contributions to the world culture he was awarded by the European Academy of Natural Sciences during the exhibition. The biography of the Azerbaijani artist is included into the Encyclopedia 'People of our millennium' which is released with the support of the Presidential Administration of Russia, Federation Council, State Duma, UN and UNESCO information center, Interfax-Azerbaijan reports.
- 6. Viva Istanbul!
- 7. Sound: Aziza Mustafa Zadeh Take five Text and pictures: Internet Copyright: All the images belong to their authors Presentation: Sanda Foi oreanu www.slideshare.net/michaelasanda
View more >
ICT Policy in Azerbaijan Mr. Abbas L. Mammadov Adviser Ministry of Communications and Information Technologies
Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Georgia Study 1 - Azerbaijan... · Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Georgia country…