Salons & barber shops
out of 26
Post on 31-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONFor English Language Learners. Vocabulary with images for the beauty service instusty.
- Salons & Barber Shops Hair, Nails, Make-Up, & Beards
- Barber Shop A place of business where barbers work.
- Barber A person who cuts mens hair and and shaves or trims beards as an occupation.
- Shaves, Beards, & Hair Cuts Trimmed above the ears Beard trim Shave; The removal of facial or body hair with the use of a razor. A man without a beard is called clean shaven.
- Salon A business where customers can purchase beauty services.
- Hair Salon A business that offers hair care & styling services.
- Hairdresser or Hair Stylist A person who cuts and styles hair as a profession. Hair stylist is a modern term for hairdresser.
- Beautician A person a person whose job is to give beauty treatments to women by washing and cutting hair, applying makeup, etc.
- Shampoo/Wash Generally this service is included as part of a hair cut, highlight, color, or other hair services.
- Split-Ends When the hair shafts begin to split and fray at the ends. May also be referred to as dead-ends.
- Hair Trim Getting a trim generally implies you want to keep your hair around the same length. Asking for a trim may also imply you want your hair reshaped to look like it did just after you had it cut originally.
- Hair Cut A hair cut involves changing the length or style of your hair.
- Bangs A fringe of hair that covers all or part of the forehead.
- Layers In most cases, it is best to show your hair stylist a picture of how you would like your hair cut.
- Hair Color The altering of ones natural hair color. Root Touch-Up: recoloring only the roots where the hair has grown out.
- Highlights Refers to changing a person's hair color, using lightener or hair color to color hair strands. Highlights can be done in natural or unnatural colors.
- Blow Out Refers to styling your hair with a round brush as you blow it dry -- no curling iron or flat iron needed.
- Straightening You can have this service done at a salon when you have your hair cut or trimmed. Chemical Straightening: will rid it of kinks, curls and waves, leaving it straight, shinny and much more manageable. It is permanent, but like coloring your hair you will need to gets the roots touched up as your curly hair grows out.
- Curled Hair If you ask the hair stylist to curl your hair it is generally assumed you would like him/her to curl your hair with a curling iron unless you ask for it to be curled with a round brush (generally know as a blow out).
- Hair Extensions A process by which the hair is lengthened or thickened by incorporating artificial or natural hair.
- Other Salon Services: Waxing A process in which wax is heated and applied to the skin. Once the wax has cooled it is removed taking with it the hairs down to the hair follicle. Provides longer lasting results for hair removal. Brow wax Lip wax Leg wax
- Nail Salon A business that offers nail services.
- Manicurist A professional who provides manicure & pedicure services.
- Manicure A cosmetic treatment of the hands involving cutting, shaping of the nails, removal of the cuticles, softening of the skin, and often painting of the nails.
- Pedicure A cosmetic treatment for the feet and toenails.
View more >
Présentation Salons CRCI Programme Régional Salons Professionnels Internationaux Stéphane Angers Responsable salons professionnels Chambre Régionale de
SHOPS OF KENDALL - ??SHOPS OF KENDALL 12500 N. Kendall Drive, Miami, ... 12540 The King #2 Barber Shop 900 ... 12588B Bianca Coin Laundry 1,600