school dinners across the world take a look at the school dinners from around the world. which...
out of 7
Post on 22-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- School dinners across the world Take a look at the school dinners from around the world. Which country do you think is feeding their children the healthiest dinners? Which country has the worst school meals?
- Slide 2
- Only once a week! In place of burger and chips Rather than chips. No fizzy drinks, just water.
- Slide 3
- 20% of US schools offer commercial food. Many students dont like the canteen food and so escape home for lunch
- Slide 4
- Students in the Ukraine have a 3 course meal, starting with soup and then some fish and a pudding. Many of the meals are made with fresh ingredients. In Kiev, children pay 1.04 a week to be fed.
- Slide 5
- A typical canteen meal in Japan consists of rice, curry and noodles. No burgers or chips. Children in primary schools take home a menu for the coming month which contains all the nutritional information on their meals. The parents are also invited to taste test the food
- Slide 6
- In Norway, lunch is only 30 minutes long. There are no school meals. Instead, students bring in a packed lunch. Nutrition is part of their National Curriculum. Many teachers see it as their duty to advise students away from unhealthy foods.
- Slide 7
- CountryGoodBadRank out of 5 Task: List a good thing and a bad thing for each countrys school dinner. Rank them out of 5 1 being the best, 5 being the worst. Do you think England feeds their school children healthily enough?
View more >