scot ulmer - how to stay motivated at work during the summer
out of 12
Post on 21-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. H O W T O S TAY M O T I VAT E D AT W O R K T H R O U G H O U T S U M M E R B Y S C O T U L M E R
- 2. Staying focused at work is vital for being a good employee. But, many people tend to lose concentration around the holiday season and now - during the hot summer months.
- 3. Luckily, there are simple ways you can regain your focus throughout the day so you can make sure youre getting all of your work finished efficiently and effectively. Here are some tips to help you stay motivated:
- 4. First, be sure to plan your week by writing down all the tasks you need to complete by Friday. This will not only give you a good understanding of what you need to do, but it will help you allocate time wisely to your various duties.
- 5. Buying a planner that gives enough space per day for you to write down a to-do list is a great idea (and plus, theyre probably on sale this time of year). Its easy to get off track when we dont have tasks written down in front of us, so be sure to plan ahead - you might even end up saving yourself a good amount of time!
- 6. Eating lunch outside during the summertime (as long as its not too hot) is another great way to help you feel like youre not missing out on days spent in the sun. If you dont have time to leave your office for a sit-down meal, you will probably be able to find outdoor seating just outside of your office where you can enjoy your own packed lunch.
- 7. Being outside not only changes scenery from being inside the office all day, but it also gives you motivation to complete a majority of your work before lunchtime so you can enjoy more time in the sun.
- 8. Next, be sure to use the weekend as a time to recharge by straying away from doing work-related activities.
- 9. Yes, we know it can get very tempting to check your email during the weekend, but keeping your work and private life separate will give you more motivation to work hard when youre actually at work and let you enjoy the time you spend outside of work.
- 10. Depending on your job, this can be difficult, just make sure to make more of an effort to relax on the weekends so you can be fully energized during your work week.
- 11. Lastly, planning a vacation during the summer serves as one of the best forms of motivation because it gives you something to look forward to. Planning a vacation, even if its just for a short weekend, will allow you to unwind and return to the office fully charged and ready to go.
- 12. Remember, being stressed all the time has a negative effect on your work habits, so taking time off during the summer ultimately helps you keep a positive, more relaxed mindset so you can produce greater quality work.
View more >