seminar: how to build an effective online presence
Embed Size (px)
Build an Effective Online Presence
A DAy Long SeminAr DeSigneD for freeLAncerS AnD inDepenDent profeSSionALS
An effective online presence is essential to any freelancer and independent professional in this connected age. But where do you start? And how do you build an effective web presence with the time and money constraints often faced by any independent worker?
This day-long seminar including step-by-step demonstrations will be presented by web designer turned award winning author Candy Gourlay. She will:
• Discuss your needs and how to create a web presence that is global, integrated and strategic.
• Domains, hosting, web builders, search engine optimization — Candy will walk you through building a website using free and affordable content management tools such as blogs, Weebly and Jimdo.
• Introduce you to social media and discuss the most effective and time-efficient ways to maximize effectivity using online media such as infographics, slideshares and video.
1. What can the web do for me?
How do I get found online? How much does it cost? Will my customers really care? Is it sustainable?
2. How do I build it by myself?
Where do I start? What should it say? How should it look? How do I know if it’s working? How do I promote it?
3. How does social media fit into a web presence?
What is social media and how does it work? What is the best way to use social media for mybusiness? How do I create a social media strategy?
4. How can I do better? I’ve already got a website - how can I improve it? How do I integrate the social media I already use? Is there a more effective way of doing what I’m already doing?
candy gourlay is a journalist, blogger and web and graphic designer who be-came an author in 2010 when her debut novel tall Story (random House) was published to acclaim. She has spoken to many audiences about harnessing the power of theinternet, notably at the Bologna Book fair in italy and the Asian festival of children’s content in Singapore. Her second novel Shine was released in September.
earlybird offer: £150 for first five to sign-up
Date: 19 October 2013
Venue: Elizabeth Garrett Anderson School Donegal Street London N1 9QG Near Kings Cross Station and Angel time: 9am to 3.30pm
contact: Hanna Heffner [email protected] A light lunch, coffee and refreshments are included.