seo techniques : enhance your magento store online visibility
out of 14
Post on 14-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONFew SEO tips you can implement on your Magento eCommerce store in order to improve online visibility.
- 1. Undoubtedly, Magento has completely changed the way to selling products online. With availability of many flexible features it has helped store owners to represent their products in more effective and professional manners. Magentos strong built- in structure and unmatched wide range of features has resulted in getting Magento accepted as a strongest and most popular eCommerce platform. Magento has also turned out be one of the most search engine friendly eCommerce software. In order to make store more visible to potential consumers, there are many techniques within Magento that store owners can implement to enhance store rankings in search engines. Since most buyers believe in organic results, following SEO techniques will help you house ever growing community of online buyers on your store. Here is the set of techniques to help you optimize SEO functionalities of your Magento store so that potential customers can find your store easily and place orders for the products they are looking for.
- 2. 1. Make sure that you have installed the latest version of Magento. It is known fact that the latest versions are always more secure and come up with the major bug fixed options. Here you can download Magento Latest Version.
- 3. 2. 2nd technique, you can go to system Configuration Web Search Engines Optimization. In the URL Options menu, set the Add Store Code to URLS option to No so that store codes are not added to URLs.
- 4. In the Search Engine Optimization menu, set the Server URL Rewrites option to Yes to remove index.php from your URLs and generate more search engine friendly and readable URLs for your product pages.
- 5. 3. Go to this path, System Configuration Design HTML Heads. Here you need to change the Default Robots setting to INDEX, FOLLOW so that search engines can crawl your website and make visible in search results.
- 6. In the Default Title and Default Description fields, write the default title and description you want for your pages in case you forget to write a title and description when creating a page. This will make sure no page will have blank information, which can make it more difficult to index.
- 7. 4. Make sure you that have incorporated the roboots.txt file which includes certain pages, file and directories that you dont want search engines bots to crawl them. Here is the prefect guide through you can create your robots.txt file.
- 8. 5. Since Google values which is of good quality, so make sure you must write good and quality description for new products, categories and pages so that search engines can accurately retrieves the most relevant and effectively written pages in search results for those particular terms which potential customer would shop for related products. Google's "Quality Content" Guidelines: http://searchengineland.com/google-changes-ranking-advice-says-build- quality-sites-not-links-163931 http://greekgeek.hubpages.com/hub/google-quality-raters-guidelines http://blog.hubspot.com/google-guidelines-high-quality-content-var
- 9. 6. In order to avoid duplications in URLs, Go to System Catalog Search Engine Optimization and set Use Categories Path for Products URLs to NO.
- 10. In order to prevent Magento generating duplicate content when you want to display the same product in multiple categories, you require to set both Use Canonical Link Meta Tag for Categories and Use Canonical Link Meta Tag for Products fields to Yes:
- 11. 7. Use meaningful names for your images, i.e. samsung-galaxy-note-2.jpg instead of photo123.jpg. When adding image of a product, write a meaningful description such as title and alt tag for the product images. 8. When adding a category, a product, or page, make URL Key so that your eCommerce store URLs become more search engine friendly:
- 12. 9. Generate Google Sitemap to help Google index your eCommerce store fast: Go to System Configuration Google Sitemap. In the Generation Settings field, enable sitemap generation and change its frequency according to your e-store update frequency. This will help Google to get the latest sitemap of your store. You can also enable this to change the sitemap settings upon adding a new category, product, or page, so that your sitemap includes all of your new items, as shown below:
- 13. If you are looking for Magento website quote or professional Magento development company, please contact us at email@example.com These are the few techniques help you increase visibility of your store. Since, better optimized websites get maximum chance to appear on top, it's worth just changing these few elements to enhance your e-commerce business
View more >