seo with wordpress: how to increase site traffic
out of 40
Post on 18-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONHow to optimize your WordPress site using All-in-One SEO plugin and Site Maps. Originally developed by Erika Barker.
- 1. SEO With WordPress How to increase your web trafc
- 2. All in One SEO Pack Installing the All in One SEO plugin to WordPress
- 3. Open Safari.
- 4. Go to your WordPress dashboard.
- 5. Select the Plugins panel
- 6. Click the Add New button
- 7. Type in the search eld All in one SEO Pack, then click the Search Plugins button.
- 8. Look for the All in One SEO Pack plugin in the list that shows up. Click the Install Now link that appears directly below it.
- 9. Once it successfully installs, click the Activate Plugin link.
- 10. You should now see a red alert box that appears at the top of the plugins page. Click the the admin page link in the red alert box.
- 11. Scroll down and set the Plugin Status to Enabled
- 12. Scroll down and give your website a title.
- 13. Give a description for your website directly below the title.
- 14. Type in keywords that most accurately describes the content found on your website. Separate keywords with comas.
- 15. Ensure that Canonical URLs is checked
- 16. Scroll to the bottom and click the Update Options link.
- 17. Lets add some SEO love to your articles. Click on the Posts panel.
- 18. Select your rst article.
- 19. When the page loads, scroll to the bottom and you will notice the All in One SEO pack has installed a new section. This is to improve your SEO for each individual article and section on your site.
- 20. Give your article a title that accurately describes the article
- 21. Give your article a description that briey describes the content within your article
- 22. Give your article a set of keywords that describe the content within your article. Separate keywords with commas
- 23. Click the Update button
- 24. XML Sitemaps Installing XML Sitemaps to WordPress
- 25. Sitemaps are a way to tell Google about pages on your site we might not otherwise discover. In its simplest terms, a XML Sitemapusually called Sitemap, with a capital Sis a list of the pages on your website. Creating and submitting a Sitemap helps make sure that Google knows about all the pages on your site, including URLs that may not be discoverable by Google's normal crawling process. ! www.google.com
- 26. Select the Plugins panel
- 27. Click the Add New button
- 28. Type in the search eld google xml sitemaps. Click the Search Plugins button.
- 29. Locate Google XML Sitemaps in the plugins list. Click the Install Now link located directly under the plugin title.
- 30. Once the plugin has successfully installed, click the Activate Plugin link.
- 31. In Safari, type your website address followed by /sitemap.xml ! www.mysite.com/sitemap.xml
- 32. You should now see an XML Sitemap page appear. If not, please ensure you properly installed the plugin.
- 33. Permalinks Changing the permanent URLs to your individual weblog posts
- 34. Permalinks are the permanent URLs to your individual weblog posts, as well as categories and other lists of weblog postings.A permalink is what another weblogger will use to link to your article (or section), or how you might send a link to your story in an e-mail message.The URL to each post should be permanent, and never change hence permalink.
- 35. A link that describes the content of a page is more likely to place higher in the search results verses a site without a descriptive link.
- 36. In your WordPress dashboard, click the Settings panel.
- 37. Under the Settings panel, select the Permalinks option.
- 38. In Permalinks, Select the Post Name option. Dont forget to click the Save Changes button when you are done.
- 39. The links to your articles should now look like this: ! http://www.mysite.com/title_of_article ! and not like this: ! http://www.mysite.com/p=$123_$#%@#%#@^%^@#
- 40. Yay! Youre done!
View more >