sir allan macnab secondary school athletic programs of excellence experienced physical education...
out of 11
Post on 16-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Sir Allan MacNab Secondary School Athletic Programs of Excellence Experienced Physical Education Focus Programs For Highly Competitive Athletes
- Slide 2
- Welcome to Sir Allan MacNab Secondary School AGENDA n Welcome n Overview of Experienced Athletics Program n Designing Your Future: Athletes and Academics Course. n MacNabs Athletic Program Staff n Informal Discussion Time with Teachers
- Slide 3
- What is an Experienced Athletic Focus Program? The Experienced Athletic Focus Program allows students from grades 9 to 12 to participate in specialized, credit courses in : n Basketball n Football n Soccer n Volleyball
- Slide 4
- Who Can Participate in these Programs? n These elite courses are designed for the highly competitive athlete who wishes to focus on an intensive skills-based program. n Students must already be participating in their elite sport of choice in order to opt for MacNabs experienced physical education course.
- Slide 5
- Basketball n The emphasis is on basketball skill development through daily agility, co-ordination and cardio drills. n Aspects of the game to be covered will including leadership, sportsmanship, fitness, basketball strategy, goal-setting, team-building strategy and healthy living.
- Slide 6
- Football n The emphasis is on football skill development, through consistent strength, agility, and complete physical fitness drills, routines and exercises. n This course will also include leadership, sportsmanship, fitness, nutrition, sports strategies, goal-setting, team-building skills and healthy living components.
- Slide 7
- Soccer n The emphasis is on soccer skill development, including aerobic, cardio and strength training. n Students will participate in daily drills, as well as weekly leadership, sportsmanship, fitness, team- building strategies.
- Slide 8
- Volleyball n This course emphasizes students daily participation and development in a variety of Volleyball skills and strategies. n Students will also learn about sportsmanship, leadership and team-building strategies. n Healthy active living through elite and recreational sport will also be emphasized.
- Slide 9
- Designing Your Future: Athletes and Academics Course (GWL3O1) This new course will be offered in 2010 and includes: n NCAA Clearinghouse information n SAT, ACT materials, strategies and skills n Canadian & U.S. sports scholarships information n Opportunities for students to create specialized sports profiles and personal career pathway portfolios. Senior Students in our experienced physical education programs are encouraged to choose this unique sports- related, athlete-orientated focus course
- Slide 10
- Sir Allan MacNab Secondary Schools Athletics Staff n Mr. T. KocznurPrincipal n Mr. D. ClarkHead of Boys Physical Education n Miss A. BassettHead of Girls Physical Education n Mr. D. WashingtonTeacher Basketball n Mr. P. KislinskyTeacher Volleyball n Mr. P. CookeTeacher Football n Mr. R. ParkerTeacher Soccer
- Slide 11
- Sir Allan MacNab Secondary Question & Answer n Informal Discussion Time with Experienced Athletic Focus Course Teachers available in the Hallway. n General Questions may be directed to Mr. Kocznur or Mr. Vukosa in room 150
View more >