six weeks training report
out of 20
Post on 11-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
- SIX WEEKS TRAINING REPORT (2 June-14 July, 2012) Stan Autos, Jalandhar Submitted by: Manhar Parmjot Singh Registration Number: 10900912 Programme Name: B.Tech-M.Tech (M.E.) Section: M3902A17 School of Mechanical Engineering Lovely Professional University, Phagwara.
- INDEX Organization overview ( type, location,work-culture,external guide). Technology learnt. Gantt chart.
- ORGANIZATION OVERVIEW Joined Industrial Training at Stan Autos, Jalandhar. Leading agency which deals with the selling and servicing of cars of Maruti- Suzuki Company. Well known for its well standard, better infrastructure and its qualitative features of servicing. Located at G.T road, opposite to Delhi Public School ,Jalandhar. Work culture of the organization was very enthusiastic. Source of the external was staff members of workshop. Taught the practical skills that are essential for the development of knowledge.
- TECHONOLOGY LEARNT Air filter Important part of a car's intake system, as it catches the dirt and other foreign particles in the air, preventing them from entering and damaging the engine. Composed of fibrous materials to remove solid particulates such as dust, mold, and bacteria from the air. Used in applications where air quality is important, especially in engines. All of the air that enters the system first passes through the air filter. Vehicles have a specific holder for this filter, a plastic or metal box. The holder is connected to the intake manifold by a large plastic tube through which the air flows. Affects car's performance & should be changed regularly, or the vehicle's gas mileage will suffer.
- Air filter(Cont.) A dirty filter cause systems to run ineffectively, as emissions control system, which regulates the car's air-fuel mixture. It also cause spark plugs, which ignite the fuel to foul, as there will be too much fuel without enough air.
- Intercooler Type of radiator that cools the air compressed by a supercharger or turbocharger. Compressing the air heats it, which makes it less dense,. Intercoolers are simple radiators which decreases the temperature of intake air & increasing its density before combustion and provides more oxygen to increase combustion. The inter means between, as intercoolers are positioned between the turbo or supercharger and the intake manifold. Widely used in automotive for forced induction internal combustion engines to improve their efficiency by increasing intake air charge density.
- Intercooler(Cont.) Passing a compressed and heated intake charge through an intercooler reduces its temperature and pressure to reduce the cylinder combustion temperature, avoid detonation, excessive wear, or heat damage to an engine block. Increases system performance. Mounted in areas of an automobile with maximum air flow i.e. in front.
- Exhaust gas recirculation(EGR) Is a nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions reduction technique used in petrol & diesel engines. Works by recirculating a portion of an engine's exhaust gas back to the engine cylinders & this exhaust displaces the amount of combustible matter in the cylinder.
- Increases the efficiency of gasoline engines by following mechanisms: i. Reduced throttling losses. Increase in inlet manifold pressure and reduced throttling losses. ii. Reduced heat rejection. Low combustion temperatures reduces NOx formation & reduces the loss of thermal energy to combustion chamber surfaces, leaving more for conversion to mechanical work . iii. Reduced chemical dissociation. Low peak temperatures result in more of the released energy near TDC,& results in the dissociation of combustion products. EGR valve cools the exhaust valves and makes them last far longer.
- Oil Filter Located on the side of the engine block. Circulates the oil through the engine; every time the engine oil circulates, it passes through the oil filter. Protects the engine by catching any large particles in the oil to avoid damage to engine. It also protects the engine by retaining a small amount of oil when the car is turned off. Should be replaced within 3,000 miles (4,828 km),to avoid it for clogging.
- Flywheel Heavy rotating boy that acts as reservoir of energy. Acts as an energy bank between source of power & driven machinery. Two distinct applications: 1. Power is supplied at uniform rate, while demand for power by driven machinery is variable e.g. punch press. 2. Power is supplied at variable rate, while requirement of driven machinery is at uniform rate e.g. internal combustion engine. Functions: I. Store & reduce energy when needed. II. Reduce power capacity of electric motor. III. Reduce amplitude of speed fluctuation.
- Throttle Mechanism by which the flow of a fluid is managed by obstruction to increase or decrease engine's power. In IC engine, throttle valve directly regulates the amount of air entering the engine, indirectly controlling the charge. Controlled with a throttle pedal or accelerator. Throttle body is the part of the air intake system that controls the amount of air flowing into the engine.
- Throttle(Cont.) It is located between the air filter box and the intake manifold. The throttle plate inside the throttle body, is a butterfly valve that regulates the airflow & is placed on the entrance of the intake manifold.
- Differential Device capable of transmitting torque and rotation through three shafts. It receives one input and provides two outputs, in automobiles. In an automobile,it allows each of the driving wheels to rotate at different speeds, while supplying equal torque to each of them. Allows the driving road wheels to rotate at different speeds while cornering. This is necessary while turning, making the wheel that is travelling around the outside of the turning curve roll farther and faster than the wheel that is travelling inside.
- Differential Gear Train on a Turning Car The outer wheel traverses an arc with radius ro and the inner wheel traverses an arc with radius ri. The lengths of the arcs traversed are so, sn, and si. The outer arc so is larger than the inner arc si for a given traversed angle theta. Some way of ensuring that the outer wheel is able to turn slightly faster than the inner wheel ,in order to prevent binding and slippage of the tires on the road. the automobile differential solves this problem with only one transmission and one drive shaft for both driven wheels.
- Rolling Contact Bearing Balls or rollers are introduced between surfaces that are in relative motion. Serves the purpose of reducing rotational friction and support radial and axial loads. Applications: Machine tool spindles. Automobile front & rear axles.
- Deep groove ball bearing Radii of ball is slightly less than radii of curvature of grooves. Advantages: High load carrying capacity. Takes load in radial & axial direction. Less friction loss & temperature rise. Generates less noise.
- Operating conditions Lifespan: calculated life for a bearing is based on the load it carries and its operating speed. Failure modes: If a bearing is not rotating, maximum load is determined by force that causes non-elastic deformation of balls. If that same bearing is rotating, that deformation tends to knead the ball into roughly a ball shape. Lubrication: It is needed for a bearing to operate properly. to increase lifespan of bearing, viscosity of lubricant is high.
- GANTT CHART Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4 Week 5 Week 6 Industrial training No. of days to complete
View more >
4th Six Weeks Review Levels of Organization 2014-01-17آ 4th Six Weeks Review 4th Six Weeks Review Levels
First Six Weeks - Southwest Middle ?· First Six Weeks State Content ... Magna Carta English Parliament…