social forestry, education and participation (sfep) project
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONSOCIAL FORESTRY, EDUCATION AND PARTICIPATION (SFEP) PROJECT. 14 Years ago the Department of curriculum and Instructional development had revised the curriculum to focused on. preparing active citizens. To change view of teaching and learning from passive listening. - PowerPoint PPT Presentation
SOCIAL FORESTRY, EDUCATION
AND PARTICIPATION (SFEP) PROJECT
14 Years ago the Department of curriculum andInstructional development had revised the curriculum
to focused on. preparing active citizens
To change view of teaching and learning from passive listening
To a more active participatory learning
The same period, there was the movement of environmental problems that leaded to the request for
Ministry of Education to improve environmentaleducation in school learning
SFEP Pilot project encouraged teachers andVillagers in seven schools in Lamphun and
The project respect to teachers and villagersviews of community participation in the
Teaching-learning process and of the kind ofKnowledge that is importan for youth to learn.
Youth in the study of local environment problems
Students and their community work together
7 Step Learning Activities
1. Data collection in the village to identify existing envronmental issues or problems.
2. In-depth study the causes and the effects of the problems.
3. Present finding to the villagers.
With Scientific Ideas)
Application(Using Scientific Knowledge)
Teaching – Learning Model
The Kite model provides abasis for problem indentification an analysis.
4. Working with villagers to study and select possible atternative solutions.
5. Working with villagers to develop a project on the selected possible alternative solution.
6. Implement the project with villagers.
7. Evaluate, report, and improve the project.
Lesson Learned1. Teaching – learning process2. The new staff development model3. Local curiculum with relation to Environmental Education
4. Community learned why and how to conserve community forest.
5. As students grow into adults, can create the basis for long – term, self – sustaining change at the community level.
6. Community revised the rule for protecting community forest.
7. Community as a resource for teaching and learning in school.
8. Community thinking about energy and enrironmental problems in their own village.