social media for social good - how nonprofits can integrate social media into their fundraising
out of 17
Post on 05-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONNonprofits will learn about the benefits of fundraising using Web 2.0 tools, understand how to integrate social media into existing fundraising efforts, and gain insight on how to discern a good online campaign from a bad one.
- 1. BOOSTING SOCIAL CHANGE: SOCIAL MEDIA AND FUNDRAISING FOR NONPROFITS Stephanie A. Jansky Communications and Public Affairs Manager Cleveland Clinic @SAJansky Tara Pringle Jefferson Public Affairs Associate The Cleveland Foundation @TaraPJefferson Twitter hashtag for the session: #socialgood
- 2. FIRST THINGS FIRST : SOCIAL MEDIA DOESNT REPLACE OTHER FORMS OF FUNDRAISING.
- 3. NEXT GENERATION OF AMERICAN GIVING SURVEY
- 4. DONATION CHANNELS OVERALL AND BY GENERATION
- 5. THINK IMPACT. NOT NEED.
- 6. Where social media fundraising campaigns take off
- 7. SUPPORTERS FOLLOWERS
- 8. 5 SUGGESTIONS FOR SMALL NONPROFITS
- Make it emotional.
- Make a specific ask.
- Make it easy to donate.
- Make it easy to join the movement.
- Make it easy to share.
- 9. MAKE IT EMOTIONAL
- People are twice as likely to give a charitable gift when presented with an emotion-inducing personal story that focuses exclusively on his or her plight rather than a group of unnamed statistical victims.
- Dont be afraid of emotion. Its not sappy; its what makes people care.
- Homer Simpson for Nonprofits
- 10. MAKE A SPECIFIC ASK
- Dont just say please give money
- Tell each donor - in tangible terms - just what his/her $25 or $50 will provide
- 11. MAKE IT (ASTONISHINGLY) EASY TO DONATE
- Ask yourself: How many clicks does it take to get to your Donate Now page? Is it buried?
- Most people (particularly Boomers and the Mature generation) WILL go back to your website before donating.
- Example: Charity:Water
- 12. MAKE IT EASY TO SHARE
- Add ShareThis, AddThis buttons
- Encourage retweets and blog posts
- Create a hashtag if youre using Twitter
- 13. MAKE IT EASY TO JOIN THE MOVEMENT
- 14. SHOW IMPACT AFTER THE GIFT
- Malaria No More
- 15. EXAMPLES
- Haiti Earthquake Text Messaging Campaign
- 16. ADDITIONAL RESOURCES
- Online Fundraising Campaign in a Box:
- Search online fundraising on SlideShare:
- Next Generation of American Giving: http://www.convio.com/files/next-gen-whitepaper.pdf
View more >