south african education system
out of 18
Post on 05-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONAxuedu.com is an exhaustive educational portal specially designed for the students pursuing online degrees satisfies all the requirements of the students. The top listings of the universities and International Medical Schools are made available in both country-wise and continent-wise.
- 1. Educational systems of South Africa
- 2. Objectives of the report: Identify/ characterize/ distinguish the different educational system of South Africa, United kingdom, and USA Distinguish and compare it with the educational system of our country, specifically the BEC and k-12 curriculum, and: Raise the awareness on the said matter for the future purpose it may serve
- 3. Educational system of South Africa
- 4. In South Africa, the constitution guarantees equal access to basic education.
- 5. The identified values and principles of South African Education includes: Equity and redress Ministry of Education Access to basic education opportunities for lifelong learning quality Relevance of Education Quality in terms of providing learners with learning opportunities of acceptable standards efficiency Democratic participation Sustainability of development
- 6. Structure and organization in the Basic Education System
- 7. Formal Education categories in South Africa Sectors or level Public ordinary school education Independent school education Teacher training technikon University training
- 8. Public school Maybe an ordinary school or a public school for learners with special education needs. Levels are: a. Pre-primary b. Primary c. Secondary d. Higher education
- 9. Compulsory General Education and Training Cover the reception years such as: a. Grades R to Grades IX
- 10. The general education and Training corresponds to the Level 1 of the National qualifications fr Divided in three phases 1. Foundation phase (Grades R-III) 2. Intermediate (Grades IV-VI) 3. Senior Grades (Grades VII-IX)
- 11. Primary Education is divided into categories Junior primary-(Grade I-III) Senior Primary (Grade IV-VI) Grade VII-IX is the last stage for compulsory education and will lead to General Education and Training Certificate. Further Education And Training (FET) is not compulsory (Grade X-XII). This will lead to Senior Certificate.
- 12. Technical schools offers technical education which generally last for three years are offered n technical centers, high schools, and vocational schools.
- 13. 8 leaning areas of FET 1. Language, Literacy and Communication 2. Mathematical literacy, Math and Math. Sciences 3. Natural sciences 4. Technology 5. Human and Social Sciences 6. Economics And Management Science 7. Arts and Culture 8. Life Orientation
- 14. Higher Educational System Tertiary and higher education corresponds to Level 5-8 of the National Qualification Framework (NQF). Which is more advance than Senior Certificate. Institutions of higher education includes colleges, universities, and technikons. Most colleges of education offers 3 year program leading to the Diploma in Education (4 years or higher diploma).
- 15. College of nursing and hospital schools offers four year diploma courses for nursing. Agricultural schools offer 1 year certificate, 2 year for higher certificate programs and 3 year diploma courses. Technikons offers bachelor and three years of technical courses diploma in technology.
- 16. Masters degrees (magister technologiae) usually requires a minimum of 1 yr study, the doctorate (Lauretus in Technology/ Doctor of Technologiae) at least two years. A honours degree requires one additional year of study. A masters degree is obtained after one or two year of study and the mininum time to complete doctorate is two years.
- 17. School year consist of 196 days (41 week) Other relevant sector of the educational structure includes special education, private education or independent schools, adult and non-formal education and HV/AIDS education.
View more >
South African Prune Overview - COUNTRY REPORT - SOUTH AFRICA.pdf · South African Prune Overview IPA,…
South African Sheep breeds - Karakul - gadi.agric. South African Sheep breeds... · South African sheep…
SECTION 2: SOUTH AFRICAN SCHOOLS ACT 84 ?· South African Schools Act 84 of 1996 B – 3 Education Labour…
Language - ?· ... for South African Higher Education, 2001; Pan South African Language Board Act 59…
Terence Ranger, African Studies and South African ... Ranger, African Studies and South African historiography…
South African Business Funding Directory ?· South African Business Funding Directory 2014 ... a South…
DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION SOUTH AFRICAN SCHOOLS ACT, 1996 ... ?· SOUTH AFRICAN SCHOOLS ACT, 1996 (ACT…