sp9+xot=ux+ how a blend of blackboard and xerte boosted the student experience an action learning...
Post on 31-Mar-2015
Embed Size (px)
SP9+XOT=UX+How a Blend of Blackboard and Xerte
Boosted the Student Experience
An Action Learning Case Studyby Al Holloway and Wendy Turner
52%STUDENTS NOT FULLY ENGAGING WITH LEARNING CONTENT ON VLE
69%RELIANT ON SUPPORT SEMINARS TO
BRIDGE GAPS IN LEARNING
• Nottingham and JISC
• eLearning Authoring Environment
• Open Source and OER
• Easy Learning Curve
• The Range of Interactive Activities
• The Navigation and Flow of Content
• Flexible and Platform Independent
• Support for Open Northampton
• Complements Bb Advanced Features
• Easy to Learn and Scalable
SP9+XOT Screen #1
The Student Focus Group
"Easy to get lost – I’d give up."
"Simple to navigate."
"Reading materials more informative than activities."
"If it's wrong you can go back...makes it fun."
"Doesn't suit my learning style."
"Puts learning into practice for self-reflection."
• Improved Student Engagement
• Better Learning Model
• Interactive Formative Learning Activities
• Track the Student Learning Journey
• Use Bb to Support Formative Assessments
• HTML5 and Mobile Access
• [email protected] Research Grant
• Use Bb Adaptive Release to Support Personalisation
Thanks for your time.