Springwise weekly | skyping the dead, and the rest of this week’s most exciting new business ideas — 13-19 February
Post on 20-Aug-2015
- 1. YOUR WEEKLY FIX OF ENTREPRENEURIAL IDEAS !!!!
- 2. YOUR WEEKLY FIX OF ENTREPRENEURIAL IDEAS !Top 10 business ideas & opportunities for 2014! ! ! ! Weve selected 15 new business ideas that will provide entrepreneurs with plenty of inspiration. Spotted from ! countries all around the world, these ideas offer a taste of ! whats to come.!!!
- 3. 1. AI resurrector lets people Skype their dead relatives Weird Of The Week: This is part of a series of articles that looks at some of the most bizarre and niche business ideas we see here at Springwise.!! The death of a loved one is an irreparable loss, but tokens of the departed can help grievers to remember what it was like when they were alive and appreciate their existence. While projects such as DNA Memorial enable future generations to learn more about their passed relatives genetic makeup, a new startup called Eterni.me is going much further. By trawling traces of their online activity, the company wants to reconstruct peoples personalities with an articially intelligent version that friends and family can chat to after theyre gone.! Read more about Eterni.me !
- 4. 2. 3-storey tricycle is a roving kitchen, restaurant and bar Food trucks have been a common sight in cities since the 19th century, but the rising rates of trafc congestion mean that theyre not very efcient at remaining on the move if the market demands it. In the past weve seen Velopresso deliver eco, pedal-powered coffee to the streets of London, and now Vietnamese bar Ta i t is aiming to go one better by tting an entire restaurant kitchen included onto a roving mobile structure steered by tricycle.! Read more about Ta i t !
- 5. 3. Samsung is getting smartphones to cure cancer while owners sleep Considering how useful smartphones are, theres still plenty of untapped potential. Locket has already gone some way to earn smartphone owners cash by turning their lock screens into ad space, and now a new app called Power Sleep harnesses the computational power of the devices to crunch data at a time when theyre otherwise not in use.! Read more about Power Sleep !
- 6. 4. Vending machine salads are organic and made fresh each day Vending machine food isnt typically known as an example of ne dining, instead serving to provide a quick x when customers cant get their hands on some proper food. While weve previously seen innovations such as Yves Behars Briggo aim to deliver barista-quality coffee from nothing but a robotic kiosk, Farmers Fridge is now hoping to do the same for salads creating healthy, gourmet meals from fresh, high quality ingredients each morning, delivered through vending machines.! Read more about Farmers Fridge !
- 7. 5. Bitcoin alternative promises to boost global solar energy Digital currencies have become a more promising proposition thanks to the tentative success of Bitcoin, which has even inspired the semi-serious efforts of both dogecoin and Coinye in recent months. Now SolarCoin is hoping to provide another option that is backed by the production of solar energy. ! Read more about SolarCoin !
- 8. 6. MakerBots kids book teaches them about 3D printing We featured Brooklyn-based MakerBot on these pages back in 2010 thanks to its efforts to bring 3D printing to the masses with its initial range of build-your-own desktop machines. Now the project has created LEO the Maker Prince, a childrens storybook that helps them learn about 3D printing and then download les to bring the characters to life.! Read more about LEO the Maker Prince !
- 9. 7. Floating hydroponic unit enables coastal veg farming Rapid growth of the worlds population has made food security much more of a serious issue in recent years, prompting food producers to look beyond the traditional model of land-based agriculture. While urban farming has in the past seen locations such as city rooftops harnessed for growing plants, now SEALEAF is a device that could help coastal cities turn their seafronts into local farms.! Read more about the SEALEAF !
- 10. 8. Dating service for busy people helps them nd low-maintenance relationships When it comes to online dating, sites can become controversial if they facilitate relationships that dont strike a healthy or socially-accepted balance. In the past, weve seen Miss Travel come under re for enabling women to get men to fund their globetrotting plans in exchange for letting them accompany them. Just in time for Valentines day, the UKs PartTimeLove.co.uk is now connecting potential partners who dont necessarily have the time to commit to an everyday relationship.! Read more about PartTimeLove.co.uk !
- 11. 9. Thanks to ads, Instagrams printed for free Consumers love to have a tangible version of the smartphone photos they take, leading to almost an entirely new industry dedicated to helping them print their Instagrams. Flag is another, but with a twist. The startup lets users print 20 museum quality photos a month for free, thanks to small ads placed on the back of each print.! Read more about Flag !
- 12. 10. Greeting cards double as small gift boxes Without a present to go with them, greeting cards can sometimes be a bit disappointing, but sending a gift almost makes the card redundant when a tag can be added instead. For gift-givers who nd themselves paralyzed by this dilemma, greetabl is a startup aiming to disrupt the industry with its foldable greetings cards that can hold small gifts.! Read more about greetabl !
- 13. 11. Smart band for teens lets them game, check tweets and express their personality While existing smartwatches might let anyone push their smartphone notications to their wrist, thats perhaps not enough of a pull to sway the teen market. Offering a plethora of functionality and customization, the NEX band is a modular bracelet designed to let young users send secret messages, unlock game levels and personalize their look.! Read more about the NEX !
- 14. 12. Wall-mounted panel enables and organizes guests home wi use This is part of a series of articles that looks at entrepreneurs hoping to get their ideas off the ground through crowdfunding. At the time of writing, each of these innovations is currently seeking funding.!! Getting a visitor onto the homes wi network usually involves reciting long strings of letters and numbers, and even then there often isnt any way to control their access to shared les and devices. Currently seeking funding through Kickstarter, Pylon is a wall-mounted panel that simply requires guests to tap their phone to connect to the wi, with restrictions set by the homeowner.! Read more about Pylon !
- 15. 13. App uses daily quizzes to quantify users existence There have been a number of wearable sensors and quantied self apps that help determine users tness progress or emotional health, but fail to log more mundane activities. Aiming to deliver cold, hard facts about users everyday habits, Reporter lets users set themselves mini surveys to glean data about the small or big moments in their lives, turning them into pretty infographics.! Read more about Reporter !
- 16. 14. Marketing events with secret speakers priced as low as AUD 1 Regardless of the industry, week-long conferences can be expensive and worst of all tend to drag on a bit. Forgoing the name tags and endless lectures on similar topics, Australias Real Big Things is a series of 2-hour events for digital marketers that charges customers by their ticket number.!!Read more about Real Big Things !
- 17. 15. Venue lets visitors work, play, and climb Its often said that with a healthy body comes a healthy mind getting a good amount of exercise can help stimulate the mental processes required for higher productivity rates. Offering a space for both physical and mental activities, Brooklyn Boulders is a rock climbing facility that also provides a collaborative work space.! Read more about Brooklyn Boulders !
- 18. What is Springwise? ! Springwise scans the globe for the most promising, unique and innovative business ventures, ideas and concepts that are ready for regional or international adaptation, expansion, partnering, investments or cooperation.! ! Springwise headquarters is in close contact with more than 17,000 Springspotters in over 150 countries worldwide, who provide us with details of the latest innovations in their countries. These are compiled and assessed by our editorial team, and the best examples are published to provide entrepreneurial inspiration to our readers around the world!! ! Springwise publishes a Daily and a Weekly newsletter, to which you can subscribe for free, they are sent to more than 170,000 people.! ! Established in 2002, Springwise is headquartered in London, United Kingdom.! 2002-2014 SPRINGWISEFOLLOW SPRINGWISE
View more >
The Weekly Dead: ‘Slabtown’ - Amazon S3 Weekly Dead: ‘Slabtown’ by The Connector ( on November 9, 2014 Item Reviewed The Weekly Dead: ‘Slabtown’
Springwise Weekly | Flexible 3D-printed sneakers, and the rest of this week's most exciting new business ideas — 13-19 March 2014
New Number Ones for this week’s ARIA Charts: The ... ?· New Number Ones for this week’s ARIA Charts:…
Springwise weekly | buy a house, get a free bike, and the rest of this week’s most exciting new business ideas — 10-16 april 2014
Springwise Weekly | Flying grilled cheese sandwiches, and the rest of this week's most exciting new business ideas — 17-23 April 2014
Springwise Weekly | The world’s first cat’s eye bike, and the rest of this week’s most exciting new business ideas — 20-26 March 2014
Springwise weekly | learning japanese through RPGs, and the rest of this week’s most exciting new business ideas — 06-12 March 2014
THE ENGLISH NEWS WEEKLY ?· This week’s English News Weekly podcast reports on a ... What colour can…
THE ECONOMIC WEEKLY Price of ?· THE ECONOMIC WEEKLY Price of Tea K Murti February 19, 1955 THE dizzy…
Springwise weekly | building block bottle caps, and the rest of this week’s most exciting new business ideas — 20-26 February 2014
Springwise Weekly | A smartphone, tablet, laptop and desktop in one, and the rest of this week’s most exciting new business ideas — 03-09 April 2014
Springwise Weekly | Fitness beer, and the rest of this week’s most exciting new business ideas — 6-12 February