stepup's startup nc weekend monetizing e-waste
Click here to load reader
out of 11
Post on 21-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONPosCast On StartUp Weekend: http://mjclark.podomatic.com/entry/2014-07-30T15_22_03-07_00 September 26 – 28 in Raleigh, North Carolina. Focused on IT e-waste and entrepreneurship. We are looking for creative minds interested in profitably addressing this global problem. What happens to e-waste? Some is refurbished. However, only a small percentage is recycled. Even when we take it to a recycling center, we have no guarantee that it is actually recycled – not in the way most of us think of recycling. Much ends up creating toxic waste problems with serious environmental consequences. This competition event is a small experiment with the potential for global ramifications and real profit. Limited seating available due to size of commercial workshop and equipment allocation to participating teams. .
- Monetizing The Worlds Problems StepUps StartUp NC Weekend Developing profitable products or processes in the e-waste sector September 26 28 Raleigh, North Carolina
- Global Problem of E-Waste Focused on entrepreneurial opportunities in e-waste sector. Our preference is computer technology. We are gathering creative minds interested in collaborating to profitably address this global problem. What happens to e-waste and why does it matter? Some is refurbished. However, only a small percentage is recycled. Even when we take it to a recycling center, we have no guarantee that it is actually recycled not in the way most of us think of recycling. Much ends up creating toxic waste problems with serious environmental consequences. This competition event is a small experiment with the potential for global ramifications and real profit. -Mary Jane Clark, Organizer
- Opportunities in E-Waste Processes or ServiceProducts
- Weekend Schedule FRIDAY 26th 6:00PM 10:00PM 6:00 7:00 Opening Session & Pitches 7:00 10:00 Teams Form & Storm SUNDAY 28th 1:00PM 6:00PM 1:00 4:30 Teams Storm 4:30 6:00 Presentations SATURDAY 27th 8:00AM 8:00 PM Teams Storm & Validate
- Explore Possibilities Identify Partners Replicable Product Design Great Amenities! Concepts Work
- Opportunity & Terms Solve the global problem of excessive e-waste polluting the worlds environment by developing a profitable process, service, or product from discarded electronics. All kinds of minds, skills and backgrounds welcomed. Emphasis is on computer desktops, laptops, monitors, keyboards, printers. Each teams work product will be on loan to us for potential public display for a period of 60 days.
- Visual Timeline FRIDAY NIGHT BEGIN NOW SAT NIGHT SAT MORN SUN ENDING SUN MORN Independent Preparation Pitch for Talent, Form Teams & Brainstorm Complete Brainstorm Validate Concept & Start Building Concept or Prototype Refine Concept or Prototype Finish Building Concept or Prototype Pitch Prep & Prototype Complete Pitch & Awards September 26 28 Raleigh, North Carolina
- Sponsors Teaming For Technology NC (RTP) E-Waste (computers, etc) Technical assistance NABcker Facilities Equipment StepUp Entrepreneurship Program Host nonprofit organization Technical assistance
- Our Process is Based on Kauffman Foundations Ice House Entrepreneurship
- Process to Apply Space is limited and acceptance is a competitive process Complete entire application (next slide) Deadline for submission - Friday, September 12, 2014 Application & donation submitted StepUp, 1701 Oberlin Rd., Raleigh NC 27608 Questions? Please contact Mary Jane Clark, StepUp Entrepreneurship Facilitator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919/395-7671(cell)
- StartUp NC Weekend Application Name: _________________________________________________________ Email Address: __________________________________________________ Cell Phone: _____________________________________________________ By applying, I agree to join a team even if my idea is not selected and I offer the following skills, talents, experience, and resources: I have an idea or concept. Yes No I have read and understand all terms and conditions of application. Signature: __________________________________ Date: _________ Thank you!