surrealism photo manipulation. what does surrealism mean?
• Surrealism Art movement in the 1924-1950’s in Europe.
• Fantastical visual imagery from the subconscious mind is used with no intention of making the work logically comprehensible.
• Surrealism is an invented word "sur" means beyond or farther than, so "surreal" means to go beyond real.
• Surrealism tried to meld the conscious and the unconscious, the world of dreams and fantasy along with reality so that the line between these ideas was completely blurred.
• wanted to shock their viewers with the unexpected and make people think in new ways.
FOR EXAMPLE…• DREAMS• Have you ever dreamt
about a person or place, but in your dream they looked different?
• Have you ever dreamt you were floating?
• Were you huge? Were you tiny?
• Have you ever dreamt you had special powers like flying, swimming underwater, walking on the moon…
MOVIESAlice in Wonderland, Avatar, Willy Wonka…
FAIRY TALES3 little pigs, woman who lived in a shoe…
Your project requirements
• Main character (human, animal, machine)• Additional object• Background• Incorporate one of your own photographs• Use photoshop• Consistent lighting• Tell a story (not just random objects, have a
theme or a message to tell)