t428 question of the day who do detectives ask for help when they are solving mysteries? then...

T428 T428 Day Day Who do detectives ask Who do detectives ask for help when they are for help when they are solving mysteries? solving mysteries? Then detectives are Then detectives are solving a mystery, they solving a mystery, they might ask __________ for might ask __________ for help. help.

Upload: judith-rogers

Post on 12-Jan-2016

Category:

Documents

0 download

TRANSCRIPT

Page 1: T428 Question of the Day Who do detectives ask for help when they are solving mysteries? Then detectives are solving a mystery, they might ask __________

T428T428

Question of the Question of the DayDay

Who do detectives ask for Who do detectives ask for help when they are help when they are solving mysteries?solving mysteries?

Then detectives are solving a Then detectives are solving a mystery, they might ask mystery, they might ask

__________ for help. __________ for help.

Page 2: T428 Question of the Day Who do detectives ask for help when they are solving mysteries? Then detectives are solving a mystery, they might ask __________

“The Case of the Three Bears’ Breakfast” Theme 2 Lesson 9

Page 3: T428 Question of the Day Who do detectives ask for help when they are solving mysteries? Then detectives are solving a mystery, they might ask __________

T429T429

Read AloudRead Aloud

Genre- PoetryGenre- Poetry Set a Purpose- Why might we read a Set a Purpose- Why might we read a

poem.poem. Modeling Fluency- Pay attention to Modeling Fluency- Pay attention to

phrasing and punctuation in the phrasing and punctuation in the poem. poem.

Listen as I carefully read the poem. Listen as I carefully read the poem.

Page 4: T428 Question of the Day Who do detectives ask for help when they are solving mysteries? Then detectives are solving a mystery, they might ask __________

T429T429

You’ve Got to Work TogetherYou’ve Got to Work TogetherYou’ve got to work together,You’ve got to work together,That’s what my sister said.That’s what my sister said.

For when you work together,For when you work together,You’re sure to get ahead.You’re sure to get ahead.

You’ve got to work together,You’ve got to work together,And then you’ll get things done.And then you’ll get things done.

When all those hands are working,When all those hands are working,It might feel more like fun!It might feel more like fun!

You’ve got to work together,You’ve got to work together,In everything you do.In everything you do.

For when you work together,For when you work together,Good things will come to you!Good things will come to you!

Page 5: T428 Question of the Day Who do detectives ask for help when they are solving mysteries? Then detectives are solving a mystery, they might ask __________

T430T430

Lesson 6-9 ReviewLesson 6-9 Review Use the words below to help complete each sentence.

1.) Jeff went ___________ to change his shirt.

2.) Wool sweaters make me ____________.

3.) My mom is my favorite _____________.

4.) Is there any ____________ I can get my teat back today.

5.) I have never traveled on an ________________.

6.) I want to tell you _____________ important.

7.) Do not __________ your way through the crowd.

8.) We drove past a field of ____________.

airplane upstairssomething

itch chef wheat

chance push enjoy

Page 6: T428 Question of the Day Who do detectives ask for help when they are solving mysteries? Then detectives are solving a mystery, they might ask __________

T431T431

Main Idea and Details Main Idea and Details ReviewReview

What is a What is a main ideamain idea??

TheThe main idea main idea is the most important idea of the paragraph. It is usually is the most important idea of the paragraph. It is usually

found in the first or last sentence of the paragraph.found in the first or last sentence of the paragraph.

•What are supporting details?

Details are facts and statements that support and explain the main idea.

Page 7: T428 Question of the Day Who do detectives ask for help when they are solving mysteries? Then detectives are solving a mystery, they might ask __________

T431T431

““How An You Make Gold?”How An You Make Gold?”

Listen closely as I reread page Listen closely as I reread page 263 in our reading books.263 in our reading books.

The main idea of this page is how to The main idea of this page is how to make stone soup.make stone soup.

Name a detail that supports this Name a detail that supports this main idea.main idea.

Page 8: T428 Question of the Day Who do detectives ask for help when they are solving mysteries? Then detectives are solving a mystery, they might ask __________

T433T433

Readers’ TheaterReaders’ Theater Remember who is in your group and what part you Remember who is in your group and what part you

have.have.

Remember to group words together that make Remember to group words together that make sense.sense.

Use punctuation marks as guides for how to change Use punctuation marks as guides for how to change your voice and when to pause.your voice and when to pause.

Let’s get ready to listen as our class takes turns Let’s get ready to listen as our class takes turns reading “The Case of the Three Bears’ Breakfast”reading “The Case of the Three Bears’ Breakfast”