t5 b70 saudi flights fbi docs 2 of 4 fdr- passenger interview tab- entire contents- fbi docs 687

Upload: 911-document-archive

Post on 30-May-2018

Category:

Documents

0 download

TRANSCRIPT

• 8/14/2019 T5 B70 Saudi Flights FBI Docs 2 of 4 Fdr- Passenger Interview Tab- Entire Contents- FBI Docs 687

1/48

,%?,.*?. -

'**S?~~ "'swj&jjs; *-^ uCUMENTSRELATINGi> tOW VIEWREPORTS FOR ANYWGERS ON THE FLIGHTS- "

/w DOCUMENT REQUEST30-1 a through/-RESPONSIVE

TOREUESTS #30-2[PACKET #1]

COMMISSION COPY

• 8/14/2019 T5 B70 Saudi Flights FBI Docs 2 of 4 Fdr- Passenger Interview Tab- Entire Contents- FBI Docs 687

2/48

9/11 Personal Privacy'

10-6-95)

- 1 -FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION

Date of transcription 09/21/2001DHAMMED SALEH BIN LADEN, Caucasian male, date of birthrr^v t place of birth Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabianp.as.sport number! 1 United States visaf* [home of

\ d in Saudi Arabia Post Office)\ l code |

' ' Bin Laden stated that he is the nephew of USAMA BIN LADEN.His father is MOHAMMED MOHAMMED BIN LADEN, the half-brother of USAMABIN iADEtf. Bin Laden has been in the United States, on a student visasince\September 8, 2000. He returned to Saudi Arabia in the summer of2001, \ a n < 4 . returned on September 4. 2001to the United States to resumeschool \ t 1 , _ IBin Laden lives with FAISAL ALMADDUDI (male), and OMAR ALMADDUDI(male)',\who are his "assistants."

\n Laden stated that to his knowledge he has never met hisuncle, USAMA BIN LADEN. Bin Laden stated that he had no knowledge ofthe WORLD'.TRADE CENTER terrorist act,the highjackings of AMERICANAIRLINES Alight 11, and UNITED AIRLINES Flight 175. Bin Laden statedthat no on^ within the local Saudi Arabian community approached him,ortasked him tp assist or support any other Saudi Arabian students, known\or unknown to him. Bin Laden further adv ised that his father has^directed hini to return to Saudi Arabia. A lawyer in New York, New York,| \ "1 represents the interests of the bin LadenFamily of Mohammed Mohammed bin Laden.

Bin 'Laden provided no more information at that this time.

19/11 Law Enforcement Privacy

Investigation on 09/13/2001 at 1 |F i l e # 265-D-NY-280350 I D a t e d i c t a t e dS A V " ~ 1 Bureau of Diplomatic Security, Dept. o f Stateb y SSA\ (JTF)This documejjLcontauis. neWier recommendations no r conclusions of the FBI. It is the properly of the FBI and is loaned to your a g tW < j X - / - /\4

3/48

\2(Rev. 10-6-95)

-1FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION

Date of transcription 09/14/2001Naw a f B. Bin Laden,/

L \s advas'-i'.Trooper! \" I Massachusetts State Police and''thereafter provided the following information:

His\father\is Bakr Bin Laden who is a half-brother toO s i - a m a Bin Laderk Osaka has fifty two half-brothers and sisters,the majority of 'vhich dp not live in the United States.

Currently in the\d States are the following:Abdullah -Shafig

](half-brother)- At\ meeting/conference in Washington, DC(half-brother,)

Najiah

\Sana

Khali1

- Los Ah-geles, Californiatelepho-ne number')(half-srster)- Resides at'|_(half-sister)- Visiting in Florida(half-brother)

According to Nawaf B. Bin Laden his father is theeldest of the\Bin Laden family. Approximately eight years agothe family met\d discussed Osama after his exile. The familyand particularly his father as head of the family, disownedOsama.

His father is a Saudi Arabian businessman who heads theSaudi Bin Laden droup which is mainly a construction business.Nawaf w a-s asked if he has ever been contacted by anyMiddle Eastern extremist group. He stated he detests thefanatical groups and will not even entertain a conversation

Investigation on 9 13- 01

F i l e * 2 6 5 D - N Y - 2 8 0 3 5 0 Date dictatedby 19/11 Law Enforcement Privacy

This document contains neither recommendations nor conclusions of the F B I . It is the property of the FBI and is loaned to your " "S'kf\n/\

4/48

9/11 Personal Privacyi&r302a (Rev:-1.0-6-95)

\\265D-NY-280350"""

Continuation ofFD-302 of NAWAF B. BIN LADEN .On 9-13-01 .. P a g * .

'cbndeir-ning it. He did relate a 1-M.ephnne call he received inApVii-/ '2001, shortly after moving to i I / fromTys-.pns, Corner, Virginia. A male spoke in Arabic requestingmd-ne.y.\e informed the caller he did not speak to strangers andhun.,g\\y two days later a man who spoke in brokenEnglish Vhi-ch he swears was the same caller, stated he was aninvestment, banker and wanted Nawaf to invest in a fund. Againhe tbl'd the caller no. This time he noted a 703 area code andthe ri-ameon\e caller ID to be a common Arabic name similar toMohammed. or\Has\san. Nawaf stated the FBI could determine thename because\he '--recalls looking it up on the Internet. Nawafhas AT \ XT as\his\t provider and looked up the name onthe MSN\white 'pages.

\f provided his uncle Mohammed Bin Laden'S cellphone n u i r i b e f e as: 1 | whoworks in thefamilybusiness a.nd\was last''--in the United States in May, 2001, for avisit. \f provided'-.the following as a contact number for

Nawaf '.provided the following contact number forI Veronica (LNU) a s t l ~|"--who was Mohammed Bin Laden 's\personal assistant and resided in 1 I when she lived at

Nawaf is\r described as follows:Name:Address:

Telephone:DOB:SSN:Education:FOB:Employment:

slawaf B. Bin Laden

REQ. 30-2 000000003

5/48

9/11 Personal Privacy'FD-302a (Rev. 10-6^95)..

\0 """--,....

Continuation of FD-302 of NAWAF B. BIN LADEN ""---.. , On 9-13-Q1 , Page .

\ f s t a t e d D o c t o r Wael Kawach, aitho.ucrh not a bloodrelative. is considered family. Kawach resides a f c \ ialso.

REQ. 30-2 000000004

6/48

9/11 Personal Privacy 9/11 Law Enforcement Privacy

9/26/01T'AMARA K./BINLADIN, white femafrg, date of birthwas interviewed

Age'nt (SA) [.Residence telephone number \ A'ls/6 in attendance during Vfris

' ' ' - . . f ALCOHOL, TOBACCO\aW FIREARMS (ATF) . Afterbeirtg advised of ,,the\y of th interviewing ge.nts and thenature of the interview, BINLADIN furnished \the followinginformation: / \ \ r to meeting-, and interviewing BINLADIN, 'SA|_

JIJtelepKonically contacted B I N L J A D I N \ f r o m 'a \telephd-ne located inth e lobby security office of t : : : \l ' ' 'When B I N L A D I Nanswered the telephone, SA hiiti&elf as a. SpecialAgent with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (-.FBI) . SA I Irequeste '' a couple moments of BINLADIN's time and '^Inquired if shewould be7 3.nterested in coming downstairs t'p meet With him (SA

' . ^BINLADIN stated, "pkay. Give me\ coup'^e\f minutes." SAtheh inquired, "You'ill dome d4wn?" \BINLADN\responded, "Yes".

Alter approximately ijix to | ten minutes, SA[ jwasadvised by te security g u a i r c j Qn dutyi that ^irst Name Unknown (FNU)BINLADIN, th4; father of TAMARAJJBINLADJIN, was\n the \telephone andwished to spe^k with SA] r j "1 l Whil^ telephonically speaking withKHALILI BINLADIN. SAJ / I identified himseif as a Special Agentwith the FBI. \SAT I siajteiji further that \ h e wishe^ to speak withTAMARA BINLADIN-.. KHALILI 83JNLADIN indicated 'that his Daughter iswilling to talk\with SA f / I L but s ie is veijry frightened. KHALILIBI NLADIN inquired if he cduld be present during this interview, via aconference call. \ A I I j indicated Ithat this would n6t be aproblem. At this\, ^n unidentifi ed white\e exited theelevator and walkd.d towards SA I I This individual identifiedherself as TAMARA felNLADI. At this p oint, SA i 1 rovided theL A D I . At this point, SAtelephone to TAMARA\;DIN and indicated that her father, wished tospeak to her. Aftei; a s^iort conversation (15 - 20 seconds') TAMARABINLADIN terminated the telephone call. At this point, SA 1 "1 and

9/14/01265A-NY-280350-302S A I

9/21/01

REQ. 30-2 000000005

7/48

9/11 Law Enforcement Privacy

''2 6'5.A N - :0.3 6'^ap2

. B I N L A D I N 9 / 1 4 / 0 1\iden-tifie;;themselve>--..as Special Agents with the FBI andATF\. SATs. I inquired if she was willing to beinte'rviei-wed a.t th'ls time'.xx'B^NLADIN indicated that she contacted herfather a \e '!. afraid for tie'r., safety. "--B.INLADIN indicated that shefeeIs \comf-prtable n o w - , , that SA'T--, 1 and SA'I ~l have identifiedthemselves 't.o her-., BIN-LADIN wasxas"ked if she would prefer to conductthis interview in 'the lobby or in rerNajpartment BINLADIN statedthat her\t i.s messy,, as she is'"4rixthe process of moving to ad i f f e r e n t ' ' - , apartment within the same bui'lding. BINLADIN suggested

that the i-nterv'iew take. placeHn the lobby ,are.a.. At this point, allparties proceeded, othe 1-pbby. \.' ' - - . . .SA'I ^ 1 and SA'I HI again identified themselves toBINLADIN by showing \1their credentials--, to BINLADIN. 'SACI | askedBINLADIN if she recai'-ls her telephonie-interview w i t h ' ' - - S A

' 'I ' ' o i l September 13>-,2001.BINLADIN acknowledged that she recalls this, interview. SA'I Istated that during this 'interview, she indicated that she would bewilling to answer only certain questions. SAI I inquired ifBINLADIN was willing at this time to be interviewed regarding her.family and the incident that occurred at the WORLD TRADE CENTER, New

York, New York, on SeptemberXll , 2001, or did she want her attorneypresent. BINLADIN stated that, sh e would answer questions and did notwant her attorney present. SAI ~|inquired, "Are ou willing toanswer questions without your attorney?" BINLADIN stated, "Yeah.It's fine. I'll talk with you."BINLADIN currently resides in apartment number..-] |.BINLADIN is currently in the process of moving intg..-ap'artment numberBINLADIN is changing apartments as her ...current apartment) is possibly a handicap accessible .apa'rtment. BINLADIN'sbrother, SULTAN BINLADIN, 19 years o . f - - a g e , lives with her. BINLADINis going to keep her current telephone n u m b e r - - - I I when she

moves to apartment mimbp.r..-r l ' SULTAN-Bt'NLADIN is currently inFlorida with their p.a-r.:en'fcs . SU.LT-AN""BINLADIN is scheduled to starthis freshman vea.r-^t-J I Boston, Massachusetts,next week. ...,::Piie';:::'t'o..-the"" recent events in New York and Washington DC,it is .u#0r:ai-n""a's to whether SULTAN BINLADIN will return to Boston

9/11 Personal Privacy

REQ. 30-2 000000006

8/48

9/11 Personal Privacy

.265A-NY-280350-302

'...TAMARA K. BINLADIN """-,.... 9/14/01a t this t i r r t e . ' ""---...

\A BINLADIN is currently attending"! IBoston, Masssach-usetts. BINLADIN has not attended class sinceTuesday, September, 11 , 2001. 'BINLADIN will not attend class for theforeseeable\future\N indicated that she is still afraid forher safety. \BINLADIN, has stayed in her apartment for the most partsince Tuesday\(September 11, 2001). She is uncertain at this time asto whether she\will remain in Boston. Her parents have been veryinsistent that ahe and the., rest of her family leave the United Statesuntil things calm, down. BltJLADIN indicated that she would like tostay in Boston, however, at this point in time, it appears that shealong with her family, may return to Saudi Arabia.

BINLADIN moved into herXcurrent apartment in September,1999. BINLADIN has bee.n attending 1 1 since September,1999. BINLADIN entered''! 1 as a sophomore. BINLADIN is. majoringin International Relations. BINLADIN is currently in her senioryear. She has three semesters to complete in order to receive herdegree. BINLADIN anticipates graduating in December, 2002. BINLADINindicated that she plans on returning to Boston in order to completeher education if she and her family leave the United States withinthe next few days. BINLADIN does not want her education to go by thewayside. She is currently attempting to make arrangements withAdministration personnel to continue her education via electronicmail (e-mail) if she does return to Saudi Arabia. BINLADIN plans oneventually returning to Saudi Arabia to pursue a career in GraphicDesign.

i BINLADIN identified her mother as ISABEL BINLADIN and her1 father as KHALILI BINLADIN. Both reside in Florida;/ |I I Hermother is originally from Brazil and her father from Saudi Arabia.TAMARA and SULTAN BINLADIN were born'in Los Angeles, California.TAMARA BINLADIN lived in Los Angeles through the third grade. Shereturned to Saudi Arabia where she completed grades 4 through 11 .She would return to Los Angeles during the summer months. Herparents eventually moved to Florida in order to escape the increasing

REQ. 30-2 000000007

9/48

9/11 Personal Privacy

265A-NY-280350-302

TAMARA K. BINLADIN 9/14/01violenceIviolence in Los Angeles. BINLADIN attended the 12th grade a t | ^

BINLADIN indicated that no distinction is made betweenusing the letter "i" or "e" in the spelling of the BINLADIN name,BINLADIN or BINLADEN. Saudi nationals spell it both ways. There isno right or wrong spelling. The BINLADIN name is one word and nothyphenated.BINLADIN's father has 52 living brothers and sisters.BINLADIN indicated that she has not met all of her aunts and uncles.Her father owns retail toy stores in Saudi Arabia. In addition, theBINLADIN family owns and operates the BINLADIN GROUP. This companywas started by her grandfather. The BINLADIN GROUP is involved inmany -national and international- ventures, such as, building roads andpalaces .BINLADIN indicated that her grandfather passed awayapproximately 30 years ago. Her grandfather had several wives andmany sons and daughters. OSAMA bin-Ladin is her half uncle (herfather's half brother). TAMARA BINLADIN has never met or talked with

OSAMA bin-Ladin. TAMARA BINLADIN stated that no one in the familytalks about OSAMA bin-Ladin. The family cut all ties with OSAMA bin-Ladin many years ago. TAMARA BINLADIN believes no one in the familyhas current contact with OSAMA bin-Ladin. The Saudi Arabiangovernment had revoked OSAMA bin-Ladin's passport many years ago,possibly in the early 1980's, around the Soviet, Afghan war. At thetime that OSAMA bin-Ladin was disowned by the family, he (OSAMA bin-Ladin) was given a percentage of the family business. TAMARABINLADIN was unable to approximate the portion of the family businessprovided to OSAMA bin-Ladin.

REQ. 30-2 000000008

10/48

9/11 Law Enforcement Privacy- " 9/11 Personal Privacyf, fp-392 ( R b v . , 1 0 - 6 - 9 5 )

FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION

Da4 o f - t r a n s c r i p t i o n , . 09/24/2001J

J B IN LADEN\ n Septembe'T 12, 2001, Special Agent (SA)'"-Jij^eiephonica'XLy coirtacted KHALIL BIN LADEN atCZZZ3^yas\advised that SA'1 T.was contacting h i n j i in response 'to informationrce\ved by th'e FEDERAL BUR'EAU OF INVESTIGATION (FBI) that\ number ofAtabs\d a l a r q - e amount of activity had bee'n observed a,t hjsre''5ide;nce, ' . ' - . i \n theprevious Sunday evening. KHALIL BIN LADEN, ibrother of known terroristUSAMA B''^N LADEN, advoLsed that the oh-ly individuals present, at hisresi.deric% were he andx.his personal family members who had arrived atthe home'vapproximatelyXpne month ago. The Home is an approximatelytwenty a c i r e compound located i n I ' I - B I NLADEN\has ttwned this residence since the latj-e 1970s.LADEN denied that any other A r i a b individuals had beenpresent^ at h'i;s location and further stated t j h a t dire,, to the recentterrorist attacks he feared for, the well beijng of his. family. He then

\ \ f S A M ~ \ f h e knew\of any threajts against-,his personal\family and if 5A~l I believed they were currently in danger. SAI I advised that sentiments within the United States were,, not runningvery high\with g'-rief and anger overx-the terrorist attacks anU.it waspossible that individuals would associate h i i s last name with that ofterrorist O.SAMA BIN LADEN. KHALIL BlNxLADENi then, inquired if SA''could recommend any steps which would help t J . o ensure the safety of hisfamily. SA 1 ~ \ d t h a t BIN LADENJ obtain an unlisted phonenumber , sign up for \caller-id, and instalixaln answering machine on histelephone. He was further advised if he st'ip.1 felt that there was athreat, he should contact the .ORANGE COUNTY ^HERIFF'S DEPARTMENT andpossibly contract for -pff-duty police office|rs\to provide additional.

1 security. \1 On September 1'5, 2001, KAHLIL BIN J L A D E N ''left a voicemail on^ t h e work telephone of SA 1 I requesting that. SAj |"' [contact\ i i r n as early as possible. On September 16 , ^001, SA\ contacted^AHLEED BIN LADEN whereupon KHALIL BIN LADEN! advised that he feared forthe safety of his family and wished to get them out of the country. Het ^ h e n inquired as to whether it would be safe! for them to traveldommercially or whether it would be safer t o j charter a flight toWashington D.C. where they could connect with a flight to Saudi Arabiabeing arranged through the Saudi Arabian embassy for Saudi Nationals.

Inves t igat ion on 09/16/2001 a t [ _F i l e * 265A-NY-280350-TPTP^.S2?: TP3756; TP538!b y SAl -

D a t e d i c t a t e d 09/16/2001

This conw^j^therrecommendationsnorconclusions of the FBI. it is theproperty of the FBI and is loaned to you r agf QQ Q0 0 9

11/48

10-6-95)

2 ffgA-NY-2 8035.0'HC.P

Cf cn tmuabon off tX-302 of KHALIL BINxLAbEN_ .On 09/16/2001 ,Page_2_S A l\dKAHLIL BIN--.,LADEN., that he was unsure if commercialflights wer\'trying but he wo'uJLd check on the situation and call himback. X > , \\. " - - . . '"-..

V - , Sub'se'-queht ' - - t o contacting appropriate officials to determineif .commercial ''ch'a:ribi$-rs\were flying, SA'I ['obtained information onseveral r%utable'':::co'rnpah-ies and called back KAHt/IL BIN LADEN to requesta face to f'ace m'e.et:i n'fr'Xt 6' - - . Pr oyide him with information. KHALIL BINLADEN agree'd, to m k e i ^ - . R A - 'l \ at hisresidence. ""-,.Updii. arriving;, at, the\e of KHALIL BIN LADEN, KHALILintroduced S 1 1 to his ''-chii'dren and wife. Thereafter, SA|1 hada conversation with KHALi'k. BT.N LADEN concerning the current climate inthe country and 'questid'ned^him, as to knowledge of his brotherswhereabouts. B I N \ N ''does\n6t have contact with his brother and doesnot know where he 'can be Xpc&ted\N LADEN ''was also, gu%s inned as to any kn

agent by thename of|\ ho., is alleged to have booked flightsfor several individuals involved in te-rroris-t acts against the UnitedStates. BIN LADEN was advised '''thafe'T T""!claimed to be involved inthe booking of flights for high 'level Saa.di Of'fgLcials and members ofithe roy_al family. BIN LADEN stated that he was ''not familiar withr ut stated that the companyXhe wprke'd for, 1 1could be checked out through the. Saudi Arabian Counsel inHouston, Texas. He also advised that, if 1 \dbusiness withSAUD I AI RLI NES he would be known by the SA U D I AIRLINE representative inNew York or possibly the SA U D I AIRLINE''representative from Orland o,Florida which has flights during the summer months"..

On 9/17/01 KHALIL B IN L AD EN reco'htacted SA'i land askedfor assistance in safely transporting his family to ORLANDOIN TERNATIONAL AIRPORT, SIGNATURE FBO, where a. charter flight had beencontracted for through the SAUD I EMBASSY. SA'I I provided B IN LADENwith the name of a limo service and offered to provide an FBI escort tofacilitate his families travel to the airport.iOn 9/19/01 KHALI L was provided with an FBI escort to theairport as requested. He was accompanied by his wife and son. At therequest of the charter flight crew B I N LADENS luggage was searchedprior to their boarding the pl ane. The planes d eparture w as d elayedapproximately tw o hours by the flight crew who refused to fly uponlearning the identities of the passengers. The matter w asa resolvedafter the charter company agreed to pay each flight -crew member anadditional five thousand d oll ars. The crew had been hold ing out for

REQ, 30-2 000000010

12/48

FD-302a (Rev . 10-6-95)

265A-NY-280350-TP

Continuation of FD-302 of KHALIL BIN LADEN . On 09/16/2001 , Page

$10,000. Prior to departure Bin Laden expressed his appreciation forthe FBI's assistance and stated he hoped to return in several monthsunder calmer conditions.Incorporated via attachment is the flight manifest for thecharter flight utilized by the BIN LADEN family.

REQ. 30-2 000000011

13/48

9/19/01SALMAN S. BIN LADEN, white, male, date of birth

contadpeX at his residence,|_was

\After b 4,h,g advised of the official identities of the\.Xntervie'vi.ri-g Special Agent and State Trooper, BIN LADEN providedfollowing:

Y\\N provided a Massachusetts Driver's Licensebearing the Vfepr-ementioned address. The license'indicated thatlicense n u m b e ' r l ' - . \ is assigned to BIN LADEN.\N LADENxhas been in the United States forapproximately f i^,

14/48

apartment numberBIN LADEN grew up in Austria. BIN LADEN's father SALEM

BIN LADEN died in 1988. BIN LADEN's mother is SHEIKHA ALATAS.ALATAS ha s remarried. It is tradition that a wife keep he rfather's name and not take her husband's name.

BIN LADEN Is not aware of any terrorist plots againstthe United States. BIN LADEN was shown a photograph of ten menand sketches of two men suspected of the September 11, 2001rhijacking and crash. BIN LADEN stated that he did not know an yof the men shown.

9/18/01765D-NY-286350 / 9/19/019/11 L a w E n f o r c e m e n t Privacy

30-2 9/11Personal Privacy 000000013

15/48

9/11 Personal PrivacyH|\FDO02 (Rev. 10-6-95)

FEDERAL BUREAU O F INVESTIGATION

Date of t ranscr ip t ion 09/23/2001

.described as a Middle Eastern male, born|citizen of Egypt, Egypt passport number\ issuedl' ? e \7e*rr^{^was interviewed at the Four Seasons Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevadaregarding inconsistencies in his name as written on a manifest list\ d to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and his name as..written in his passport|\ J was one member of a large\entourage that consisted of Saudi Arabian royalty and their employees\staying\at the Four Seasons Hotel. After being made aware of theidentities of the interviewing agents and the purpose of the interview,he provided the following:

L J could speak some English, but was assisted by amember of the entourage, Mohammed A. M. A. Alshihri, who acted as aninterpreter.]

\e said he had no relatives in the United States and noassociates. He said that he has never worked in the United States. Hisonly previous travel to the United States was with the prince twoprevious times. The two previous trips lasted about a month each andwere to. Las Vegas, Nevada, and Los Angeles, California. He said he hasnever been to anywhere else in the United States.

\ e could provide no information about the September 11, 2001attacks on the United States other than what he had seen and heard onthe television.1 I departed the United States on September 19, 2001

aboard a Republic of Gabon-flagged DC-8-73, tail number TR-LTZ, as partof a Saudi Arabian royalty/entourage group of 51 persons].

i n v e s t i g a t i o n o n 09/18/2001 a t L a s Vegas, NevadaF i l e 265D-NY-280350-LVby

Date dictated 09/23/20019/11 Law Enforcement Privacy

This doc umimen t contains ne j i he r r e co mmenda t i o n s n or c o n c l u s i o n s of the FBI. I t i s the proper ty of the FBI and is loaned to y o u r agpoM>. AA A ft " I A

16/48

FDK6;2a.{Rev. |

2 6 5 D -NY - - - 2 8 0 3 5 0 - LV

Continuat ion o f F D - 3 0 2 o f I I . O n 09/18/2001 , P a g e .

A copy of'1 1 pas sport, a copy of--his interpreterMohammed A.M.A. Alshihri's passport, interview n n t - p . q > l Iself-written home address, and a copy of the manifest list of 69 persons isplaced in an accompanying FD-340 (1A)envelope for inclusion in thecase file.

REQ. 30-2 OOQ000015

17/48

9/11 Personal Privacy

|FD-JQ2 (Rev. 10-6-95)

- 1 -F EDERAL B U R E A U O F INVESTIGATION

Date of transcription 09/25/2001^a Middle Eastern male, bornL\ n of Egypt, Social Security Account Number \n of Egyptian passport number

t I y Saudi Arabian Prince Abdul Majeed Bin AbdulAl Saud, and part of a group of 69 Saudi Arabian royalty and^ntourage staying at the Four Seasons Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada, wasinterviewed at the Four Seasons Hotel regarding inconsistencies betweenh .s passport number as written on a manifest provided to the FederalBureau of Investigation and his passport number as written in hispa\ssport. After being made aware of the identities of the interviewingagents and the purpose of the. interview, he provided the following:

\ e h a s a s o n wh o i s a n American and his son is married to anAmerican woman. His son's name is'

J He uses his son's address as hisUnited S.tates residence address.

\e prince (s) and their entourage (s) came from Los Angeles tothe Las v;egas area on September 09, 2001. They feared continuingearthquakes in the Los Angeles-area.

\He has been to the United States before this current tripwith th e prince. Two previous trips with th e prince, and one previoustrip without the prince.departed Las Vegas on September 19, 2001, as part of agroup of 51 persons of the Saudi Arabian royal party, aboard aGovernment of Gabon-flagged DC-8-73, tail number TR-LTZ, bound for

Geneva, Switzerland.]

i n v e s t i g a t i o n o n 09/18/2001 a t L a s Vegas, NevadaF i l e 2 6 5 D - N Y - 2 8 Q 3 5 0 - L Vb y

Date dictated 09/23/20019/11 Law Enforcement Privacy

This document contains neither recommendations nor conclusions of the FBI. It is the property of the FBI and is loaned lo your Sg$C9if'.n/./>n4 /-R E Q . 30-2 u O O O O O O l o

18/48

9/11 Personal Privacy

FD-302a(Rey, 10-6-95)

265EHNY-28-Q350-LV

Co n t i nua t i o n o f FD-302 o f \ I , On 09/18/2001 . P a g e

A copy of I | passportr original interview notes,anda copy of the four-page manifest of the entire Saudi Arabian party thatlodged at the Four Seasons Hotel, and departed Las Vegas, Nevada onSeptember 19, and 20, 2001, have all been placed in an FD-340 (1A) forinclusion in the case file.

REQ. 30-2 , 000000017

19/48

9/11 Personal PrivacyI?O-302 (Rev. 10-6-95)

Dale of t ranscript ion 09/23/2001

tin possession of\pgyptianpassport number|Jissued| I was Interviewed at theFour Seasons Hot el, Las Vegas, Nevada regarding inconsistencies bet weenhis name as writt en on a manifest list provided to the Federal Bureau\of Investigation, and his name as written in his passport fpaSSporTJ. He was one member or a group of 69 persons^known to be\Saudi Arabian royalty and t heir entourage, all lodged under the name\ at theFour Seasons Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada.After being made aware of the identities of the interviewing agents andthe purpose of the interview, he provided the following:

He has contacts and friends in Florida, San Francisco, andLos Angeles. He has an American girlfriend named I

house. He loves America and would like to live here and have a

He is sorry about what happened on September 1 1 , 2001.He understands that the prince will fly to Geneva,Switzerland from Las Vegas, then on to Saudi Arabia. He came to Los

Angeles on September 05, 2001, and Las Vegas on September 09 , 2001.

i n v e s t i g a t i o n o n 09/18/2001 a t Las Vegas, NevadaF i l e # 2 6 5 D - N Y - 2 8 0 3 5Q - L Vb y

Date d ic ta ted 09/23/20019/11 Law Enforcement Privacy

T h i s d o c u m en t c o n t a i n s ne i t he r r e commend a t ion s nor c o n c l u s i o n s of the FBI. It is the p r ope r ty of the FB I and is l o a n ed to your "IKO&'A ft nnn-l o

20/48

9/11 Personal PrivacyF D - 3 b 2 , a (Rev. 10- 6- 95)

265DTNY-280350-LV

Cont inuat ion ofFD-302 of\,On 09/18/2001 ,Page -2-He came to the United States alone in October 2000.[On September 19, 2001, he de parted Las Vegas , Ne vada with aparty of 51 persons, all considered to be part of a Saudi Arabian royalparty, aboard a chartered Government of Gabon-flagged DC-8-73, tailnumber TR-LTZ. The destination of the aircraft was Stamstead Ai rport(London), England.]A copy of his passport, copy of the manifest of the entireSaudi Arabian party, and original notes of the interview have been

placed in an FD-340 (1A) envelope for inclusion in the case file.

REQ. 30-2 000000019

21/48

9/11 Personal Privacy||Eb--302-(Rev. 10-6-95)-1

Date of transcription 09/23/2001

Tas ^ white\male, borrTl\citi''?en

\r Saudi Arabian Pr'ijice Abdul Majeed Bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud(E\rince\Abdul Ma'j.eed) , was interviewed at the Four Seasons Hotel, LasVegas, Nevada regarding inconsistencies between his name as written ona manifes' list pro-vided to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, andhis \ e a\ typed in\his passport ['1I . r on passport] . After being made aware of the identities

Jof tl^e interviewing agents and the purpose of the interview, heprovided the\following:\ X X -

\ He knows Prince Abdul Majeed personallyand plans to travel with him and the royal party from Las Vegas, Nevadato Geneva, Switzerland, to Saudi-, rabia. He may instead go to Paris,France fi.om Geneva'-, Switzerland.^ I or PrinceAbdul Majeed and hi.s party if they go to Paris. He would nave liked tostay in Las Vegas, Nevada a little bit longer.tie arrived ''in the United States on September 01, 2000 withPrince Ab dul M ajeed. He has been to the United States before, in1997as a tourisfc, and stayed in the Los Angeles area for approximatelythree months\during that, visit.

He hop'es to work with Prince Abdul Majeed again in thefuture. He is willing to be of\help to the Federal Bureau ofInvestigation even if he is in 1 I He could get to the UnitedStates Embassy inj |to provide assistance.

i n v e s t i g a t i o n on 09/18/2001 at Las Vegas, NevadaFile # J?fiSn-NY-?Rmcln-T.Vby 9/11 Law Enforcement Privacy

09/23/2001

This document contains nuttier recommendations nor conclusions of the FBI. It is the property of the FBI and is loaned to your ageogi;_ _ _ . -. -.

22/48

9/11 Personal Privacy 9/11 LawEnforcement''.''.' :o:: :... Privacy

2X6 5 D-NY-280 SSQ-L-V.

Continuation ofFD-302 of. ] ""-.. " " - - . . . \On09/18/2001 ,Page 2_\n September 20, ''2.001 ,"1 I departed Las Vegas, Nevadawith a par^y of 18 persons considered to be part of a Saudi Arabianroyal party, aboard a chartered freeing 727-21, tail number N.727PX.Destination ''of the air craft'" was St artiste ad, London, airport. Immediatelybefore boarding the aircraft,''J |approached Special Agent Iand stated that, he would contact him in the future, and that he wantedto help the Fede,ral Bureau of Investigation"-;-.]

Copy of 1 | passport, copy ofmanifest ofentire SaudiArabian royal party, copy of manifest for aircraft'1 1 departedaboard, and original notes of interview placed in a FD-340 1A)envelope for provision to the case file.

REQ. 30-2 000000021

23/48

Law Enforcement Privacy. 08-28-2000) i \L BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION

9/11 Personal Privacy

Precedence: I MM E D I A T ETo: '".ounterterrorismN\ Yo r kF^ora: Lds, AngelesBguad NSD-4Contact: . SA

Dkte: 09/18/2001Attn: SiOC

Approved By:Drafted By:Case ID #: 265D-NY-28.0350 (Pending)\A (Pending)Title: PENTTBOMBMC\ 182AOT\: To, set forth result-? of interviews;. ,

Details: On Q'9/17/2001, Naliah Binladen was 'interviewed atL J Najiah was very upsetover the recent attacks, as violence, is not the way of Islam. Najiahstated that she i.oves the United Stat-.es, especially the Los Angelesregion. Najiah stated that she intended to return to Saudi Arabia bythe weekend. Najia'h stated that she wasXafraid to leave her building,and was anxious about her safety. Najiah'\was even more apprehensiveof the media finding, her.

On 09/18/2001, Najiah contacted SA | |and stated thatshe was leaving on 09/3.9/2001. Najiah is departing on a charterflight with Garratt Aviation on flight N521DB at 9:00 a.m. on09/19/2001. Najiah stated that the plane would pick her up and takeher to Orlando. In Orlando, Najiah 1s brother, Khalil, will get on theplane, which will then depart to Boston. In Boston, they will pick upher nephews Nawaf and Suleiman, along with some other family members.The plane will then go to (Geneva, Switzerland.Najiah informed SAL J that she would contact SAJprior to returning to California or immediately thereafterNajiah stated that she is a private pilot. Najiah tookflying lessons at Santa Monica Airport, Santa Monica, California.Najiah has had training on both single and twin engine planes.

REQ . 30-2 000000022

24/48

To: Counterterror-Lsrn From: Los AngelesRe: 265D-NY-280350, 09/18/2001

Earlier this summer, Najiah, assisted by a co-pilot, flew he rdaughters to Las Vegas, Nevada.Najiah did not wear a veil or an abaya in the presence ofa male agent. Najiah appears to be very well e ducated and enjoysyoga. Najiah was constantly watching CNN news reports in English.

REQ. .30-2 000000023

25/48

To: Counterterronsm From: Los AngelesRe: 265D-NY-280350, 09/18/2001

LEAD(s) :Set Lead 1:

A L L R E C E I V I N G O F F I C E SR e a d and clear.

R E Q . 30-2 000000024

26/48

09/21/01

FAISAL K. BINLADEN, white male , Date or birth,|"\s interviewed at his residence, 1 \.L'ADEN was advised of the official identities of the interviewingSpecial Agent (SA)and Massachusetts State Police Troopers (Tpr.).Al$o present throughout the interview was NAWAF BIN LADEN (NAWAF).BIN\N pro vided the following:\N LADEN has been in the United States for a

of time. BIN LADEN is a freshman at the I IBIN LADEN plans to major in business. BIN LADEN has a student visapermitting him to be in the United States,returning to Saudi Arabia soon.

BIN LADEN will be

BIN LADEN's address outside the Unit ed States (U.S.) is\ KHLED M. BIN LADEN is BIN LADEN's father. KHLED MQBIN LADEN \i.s in the agriculture and farming business. KHLED M. BIN

LADEN owns\ sugar candy company. MERVED M. MAHOUD is BIN LADEN'smother. Bf'N LADEN's parents live in the aforementioned address inEgypt. BIN \LADEN attended school in Egypt.

OSAMA BIN LADEN (OSAMA) is KHLED M. BIN LADEN's (father's)half-brother.\L K. BIN LADEN has never talked to OSAMA. BINLADEN stated that his father has not had any recent contact withOSAMA. BIN LADEN does not know how long it has been since his fatherhas spoken to OSAMA.

BIN L A I 3 E N stated that he did not have any prior knowledgeof the September 11, 2001 attacks on the Unite d States. BIN LADENstated that he only knows what he has seen on the news. BIN LADEN isnot aware of any g i r o u p s or individuals planning to attack the United'States.

09/19/01265D-NY-280350 09/20/01

REQ. 30-2 000000025

27/48

9/11 Personal Privacy

09/23/01

ALMTASIM M. AbSAWWAF, white male, Date of Birth\o present throughout

BIN LADEN translated portions of the interview. After beingadvised of the official identities of'vthe interviewing SpecialAgent (SA) and Massachusetts S - l t a t e Polie.e Troopers (Tprs.),ALSAWWAF provided the following':.. \

ALSAWWAF is a first year''-student at |_ALS AWW AF is majoring in English.\ s f a t h e r is MEZN ALSWWAF.

i FATMA ALATTAS . ALSAWWAF's parents live on'dALSWWAF's mother is

L JQSAMA BIN LADEN (OSAMA) is ALSAWWAF's uncle. OSAMA is

ALATTAS's brother. ALSAWWAF met OSAMA approximately'ten yearsago. The meeting took place prior to OSAMA being expelled fromSaudi Arabia\ ALSAWWAF described the meeting as brief, OSAMAsaid Hi. Neither ALSAWWAF nor his parents are currently incontact with pSAMA.

ALSAWWAF stated that he had no prior knowledge of theSeptember 11, 2.001 attacks on the United States. ALSAWWAF doesnot know of any\groups or individuals planning to attack theUnited States.

09/19/01

9/11 Law Enforcement Privacy09/23/01

REQ. 30-2 000000026

28/48

9/11 Personal Privacy

09/23/01

SALEM ALYAFEAI, white male, Date of Birth:f

/. Also present during portions of the interview was NAWAFBIN 'LADEN. NAWAF BIN LADEN occasionally translated portions ofthe interview. After being advised of the official identities ofthe interviewing Special Agent (SA) and -MA State Police Troopers(Tprs:\), ALYAFEAI provided the following:

\I has been in the United States (U.S.) for two\ . \ALYAFEAI is utilizing a student visa in order to stay in\ e United States. ALYAFEAI is studying English. ALYAFEAI had

I been in the United States on one previous occasion approximately\six or se'.ven years ago. ALYAFEAI attended a summer camp calledI ~| ih the state of Maine.

ALYAFEAI listed his parents as ALI ALYAFEAI (father)\ d ANISA L\ast Name Unknown (LNU) (mother) . ALYAFEAI's father

1 died approximately two to three years ago. ALYAFEAI lived withihis grandmother,| \

ALYAFEAI's father is a half-brother of OSAMA BIN LADEN(OSAMA). Thef is no blood relation between ALYAFEAI's fatherand OSAMA. ALYAFEAI never met OSAMA. ALYAFEAI has never beencontacted by anyone associated with OSAMA.

ALYAFEAI stated that he had no prior knowledge of theSeptember 11, 20(31 attacks on the United States. ALYAFEAI is notaware of any groups planning to attack the United States.

09/19/01 I |09/22/01

R E Q . 30-2 000000027

29/48

9/11 Personal Privacy

09/24/01MOHAMMED AWAD ALJOHI, bornj

J cellular telephone 1 I was interviewed.Assisting in the interview was Trooper ISta.te Police. After being advised of the identities of the _ . . - - " "interviewing agents, and e'hepurpose of the interview, AL.JGHIprovided the following information: . . - ' '

ALJOHI is studying at | |. He hasno first-hand information relative to the event's of September 11,2001.\ 1 Law Enforcement Privacy

09/19/2001265A-NY-280350 / 09/24/2001LREQ. 30-2 000000028

30/48

9/11 Personal Privacy

09/24/01HASAN AWAD At.-J.OHI, bornj |Social Security\\Account Number / " ' ' - . . . I

1\ . [ was interviewed.Assisting in the interview wasNITrooper / tS'tate Police. After being advised of the identities of theinterviewing agents, and the purpose., of the interview, ALJOHI/provided the following information: "',

\ I has no first-hand information relative to/thei events of September 11, 2001. He was visibly--..concerned about the\time\he would be taking away from his studies at./ I

1 \ while on this trip to Saudi Arabia. ALJOHI ..hopes toreturri to the United States and resume his classes.

/9/11 Law Enforcement Privacy

09/19/2001265A-NY-280350 / 09/24/2001S A \ _

REQ. 30-2 000000029

31/48

9/11 Personal Privacy

9/20/01\\SANA'A M.'BJN LADEN, white, female, date of birth:

citizenship :l\, \ I Also -.present throughout the interviewwas NAWAF BIN LADEN.After beirig,..advised of the officialidentities of tirie 'interviewing Special Agent and MassachusettsStsate Police Troopefcs (Tpr.), BIN LAD'EN provided the following:\- LADENis"-utilizing a student'--VISA to stay in the\Uni6ed States. BIN LADEN, is enrolled at the I I

I \. \ BIN LADEN started this programMonday (September 17, 20'Ql)\but dropped out due to safetyconcer-ns. BIN LADEN wears,, a'"-scarf in conformance with theIslamic; religion.\ N LADEN is the oldestXfamily member living in

\. BIN LADEN advis'ed that her passport may reflect\an incorrect birth date. BIN LAD.EN 'believes her birth date to beI \ BINLADEN explained that birth dates in theMiddle East are often calculated using 'dates important to theIslamic religion. Sometimes these da,tes'"can be confused whentranslated to a western culture's cale'nder'.-., BIN LADEN knows thatshe was born, in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia but, all\of her birth recordsindicate Jed^ah as her birthplace.

BIN\LADEN used to live in this hu'll rilna a couple ofyears ago. BIN LADEN owned Penthouse number L^Jt '"BIN LADEN soldthat unit but liept a mailing address at unit number'! I .BIN LA'pEN believes that money in transit to her in theUnited S tates was. frozen by banks due to the September 11, 2001attack on the United States. BIN LADEN's mother was sending herthe money. BIN LA.DEN'3 father MOHAMMED BIN LADEN died many years

ago at the age of fifty or sixty.OSAMA BIN \LADEN (OSAMA) is BIN LADEN's half-brother.BIN LADEN's last contact with OSAMA was approximately fifteen to

9/19/01 I265D-NY-2803509/20/02

REQ. 30-2 000000030

32/48

265D-NY-280350

SANA'A M. BIN LADEN 9/19/01sixteen years ago. BIN LADEN saw OSAMA at a funeral. BIN LADENstated that it was not a very long discussion. BIN LADEN has notheard of anyone in her family being in contact with OSAMA. Thefamily did not know a lot about OSAMA. BIN LADEN described OSAMAas very quiet, shy, private, and almost a stranger to familymembers. OSAMA was so strict that he would not have his picturetaken with the family at events or celebrations.

BIN LADEN stated that she did not have any priorknowledge of the attack which occurred on September 11, 2001.BIN LADEN saw the live news reports after the first airplanestruck the World Trade Center. BIN LADEN did not realize it wasa plane crash and thought that it was a building fire. BIN LADENwas frightened for the people in the building. BIN LADEN thensaw the second airplane strike the World Trade Center and wasboth terrified and sad. BIN LADEN is not aware of anyindividuals or groups planning to attack the United States.

REQ. 30-2 000000031

33/48

9/11 Personal Privacy

09/21/01

OMAR S. ALMADOUD'I-T. white male, Date of Birth\e number

at 'apartment numberJ was contactedAlsot the aforementioned address.

present during portions of the interview, was NAWAF BIN LADEN.AfteV being advised of the official identifies of theinterviewing Special Agent (SA) and. State TTroopers (Tpr.),ALMADQUDI provided the ollowing: \Iis the brother of FAISAALMADOdpI is a citizen of Saudi Arabia. ALMADOUDI has... been inthe United States for approximately five years on a student visa.ALMADOUpI is in his fourth year of undergraduate work at I IUniversity. ALMADOUDI is majoring in marketing and expects tograduate ' ' i . n May, 2002. ALMADOUDI will be returning to SaudiArabia tonight.

\I grew up in Saudi Arabia. A LMADOUD I ' s parentslare S A L E H A l L M A D O U D I ( father) , a nd S U ' A D B I N L A D E N (mother)' j A L MADOUD I ' s parents live in the; ~ ~ ~ ~1 \

OSAMA BIN LADEN (OSAMA) is ALMADOUDI's uncle. OSAMA isthe half-brother of ALMADOUDI's mother (SU'AD BIN LADEN).ALMADOUDI may h.ave met OSAMA when he was a child but has no clearrecollection of\. ALMADOUDI's parents are not in contactwith OSAMA. \I stated that he had no prior knowledge of the

September 11, 200i attack on the United States. ALMADOUDI is notaware of any individuals or groups that wish to cause harm to thepeople of the United States.

09/19/01265D-NY-28Q350

9/11 Law Enforcement Privacy09/20/01

REQ . 30-2 000000032

34/48

9/11 Personal Privacy

\\FD-302 (Rev.10-6-95)

-1 -FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION

Date of transcription 09/20/2001

address: \L S. ALMADOUDI, white, male, DOB: home/was contacted atI Alsopresent during portions of the interview were NAWAF BIN LADEN and his

wife REEM HAMZA ASAR. Portions of the interview were translated by BINLA'pEN and HAMZA ASAR. After being advised of the official identitiesof\the interviewing Special Agent (SA) and State Troopers (TPR),ALMiADOUDI provided the following:

at the ALMADOUDI was born in Saudi Arabia. ALMADOUDI is a studentj ' \ ' i AiiixiAuuuui a enroliment^wa s scneauiea rrora

, Apr" 1 ' \ Z ~ , 2 U U 1 througn October 25, 2001. ALMADOUDI is in the United\ g a student VISA.\\H ALMADOUDI is ALMADOUDI'S father. SU'AD BIN LADEN is\ALMADOUDI'S mother. ALMADOUDI'S parents' address is I

\OSAMA BIN LADEN (OSAMA) is SU'AD BIN LADEN'S half-brother.OSAMA is A'LMADOUDI' uncle. ALMADOUDI ' spoke with OSAMA on one occasionwhen he was. approximately nine or ten years old. This conversationtook place 'in Saudi Arabia. ALMADOUDI stated that no one from thefamily is currently in contact with OSAMA.

ALMADOUDI stated that he was not aware of the September 11,2001 attack o f e the United States prior to its occurrence. ALMADOUDI isnot aware of any current plots against the United States. ALMADOUDIdoes not know of any groups or individuals who plan to attack theUnited States. \n on 09/19/01

F i l e 265D-NY-28Q350b y

at [

Date dictated 09/20/019/11 Law Enforcement Privacy

This douupent coouins wither recommendations no r conclusions of the FBI. It is the property of the F B I and is loaned to your WWXortrt f\ o

35/48

9/11 Personal Privacy\\FD-i02 (Rev. 10-6-95)""----...

F EDERAL B U R E A U O F INVESTIGATION

' -Oate of transcription 09/20/2001Omar Awad Abdullah Binladen (Binladen), B&r-n.fI L was interviewed at the Piedmont

Hawthorne Charter Airline Office, Washington Dulles InternationalAirport (Dulles Airport), Dulles, Virginia. After being advised of theidentity of the interviewing Agent and the nature of the interview,Biiiladen provided the following information:Binladen, a'''Saudi Arabian citizen (Saudi Arabia passport

IIDue to\concerns for his safety in the U.S.after the 9/11/01 terroristplane crashes in the U.S., Binladen is returning to Saudi Arabia for afew months. He obtained a flig-ht on Piedmont Hawthorne Charter Airline(# 621DB1 , departing Dulles Airport at 10-.OOPM, 9/19/01.

\In 1995, Binladen was traveling back and forth from SaudiArabia to ''the U.S.,where his motherNwas being treated for cancer. In1996, Binladen attended Georgetown University, Washington, D.C. Helater studied at American University and Southeastern University, bothin Washington, D.C. He graduated in 1999-,with a MBA degree.On ''-3/11/00, Binladen was hired bv I I He currently has aH1 B American visa, issued on 8/7/01, with an expiration date of 8/6/03,

His U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service 1-94 departure cardreflects INS # 1 |on it.Binladen advised that he has no association with theextremist group Taliban or Osama bin Laden. He has no friends orfamily residing in Pakistan or Afghanistan. He has never traveled toPakistan or Afghanistan. Binladen did not know any of the Arab

terrorists who crashed the American planes on 9/11/01.

i n v e s t i g a t i o n on 9/19/01 at Dulles, Virginia WF3976c.302F i l e * 265A-NY-280350 - 302 Date dictatedby 9/11 La w Enforcement PrivacyTh i s document con t auu ne i t h e r recommendat ions n or con c lu s ion s of th e FBI . I t i s the proper ty of the FB I and i s loaned (o you r a|!fW \ r t A q *

36/48

9/11 Personal Privacy

ED-302 (Rev.. 10- 95)

-1-F E D E R A L B U R E A U OF INVESTIGATION

Date of transcription 09/20/2001K H O L O U ' D . . o . K U R D I , Dog-[~ \c Passp

Airport, Dulles, Virginia. MS. KURDI wa"s,.advised of the identity of theinterviewing agent and the nature of the interview, that being arequest for identification of herself and four., other members of hertraveling party leaving on Flight 521 to Bostori>,.Thereafter, thefollowing information was provided: ' - . . .MS. KURSI advised that she is a sophomore_I. She advised that her father is anambassador stationed in Saudi Arabia. She stated she was returning toher home in Saudi Arabia for a period of time. Prior to leaving on herflight, her baggage was inspected by SA ' S I Iand FAA SA I ~1 ..................... .....................................

i n v e s t i g a t i o n o n 9/19/01 ''' Dulles, VirginiaF i i e # 265A-NY-280350-302/ W F # 3 9 7 6 b . 3 0 2 D a t e d i c t a te d 9/20/01by SA [ I

This document c on t a in s ngtner recommendat ions n or conc lusions of the FBI. It i s the p r ope r t y of th e FBI and i s loaned to your a$WAA AA ft o E

37/48

9/11 Personal Privacyi\2 (RevV-tO-6-95)

-1FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION

Date of transcription 09/19/2001

L Bader Ahmed Binladin '-(-birth name Bader Ahmed bin Laden) , born~~"~~~ _ J wasinterviewed at the Piedmont Hawthorne"-..Charter Airline Office,Washington Dulles International Airport''HDulles Airport), Dulles,Virginia. Aft er being advised of the identify of the interviewingAgent and the nature of the interview, Binlad"i-n.. provided the followinginformation: " ' - - . . .Binladin, a U.S. Citizen, advised he is a student at \. He is inJ and has a business major. Due to concerns for his safetyin the U.S.after the 9/11/01 t errorist plane crashes, Binladin isreturning to Saudi Arabia for about a month. He obtained a flight onPiedmont Hawthorne Charter Airline (f 621DB), depart ing Dulles Airportat 10-.OOPM, 9/19/01.While in the U.S.. Binladin resides at I

cellular teiepnone |_ JWh e n Binladin arrives in Jeddah,Saudi Arab ia, he will b e visiting his father, Ahmed Mohammed b in Laden.Binladin advised that he spells his last name different from hisfather.Binladin advised that he has had no association with t he

extremist group Taliban or Osama bin Laden. Binladin has no friends orfamily residing in Pakistan or Afghanistan.- He has never t raveled toPakistan or Afghanistan. Binladin did not know any of the Arabterrorist who crashed the American planes on 9/11/01.

i n v e s t i g a t i o n o n 9/19/01 a t Dulles, Virginia WF3976d.302F i l e * 265A-NY-280350-302 Date dictatedb 9/11 Law Enforcement Privacy

This en t contains nei ther recommendations nor con clusions of the FBI. It is the property of the FBI and is loaned to y ur ffSI

38/48

9/11 Personal Privacy'FD-3Q2(Rev. 10-6-95)

Date of transcription 09/19/2001Akberali Mohemedali Moawalla, f

was interviewed at Piedmont Hawthorne Aviation, 23411 Autopilot Drive,Dulles Airport, VA. After being advised of the identity of theinterviewing agents and the purpose of the interview, Moawalla providedthe following information:He was currently traveling on a charter flight with Shafig

bin Laden who is the half brother of Osama bin Laden. Moawallatraveled from London to Boston on 9/10/01 where he stayed at the FourSeasons Hotel. During his stay in Boston, Moawalla met withrepresentatives from Wellington Management. He was scheduled to returnto London on British Airways on 9/16/01. However, after the terroristsattacks of 9/11/01, all flights were cancelled and he could not returnas scheduled. Moawalla was contacted by the bin Laden family andadvised that a charter was being hired to leave the U.S. Moawalla thencame to D.C.and stayed at the Park Hyatt Hotel, 120124th Street,N.W., Washington, D.C., telephone 202/789-1234. He thought that theSaudi Arabian Embassy had suggested to the bin Laden family that theyleave the U.S. for safety reasons because of their relationship toOsama bin Laden. Moawalla believed that the Saudi Arabian Embassy madethe arrangements for the charter flight and had coordinated everythingwith the U.S. government.From its origination in Los Angeles, CA today, the plane wasscheduled to make stops en route to pick up various bin Laden familymembers, including several children and students. According toMoawalla, the children were "being taunted at school" because of theirassociation with the bin Laden family. Moawalla too felt as though hemay be in danger since he' worked for the bin Laden family.To his knowledge, the charter flight was next scheduled tostop in Boston, MA to pick up additional passengers, then to Paris forrefueling, and on to Geneva, Switzerland. Moawalla planned to deplanein Paris and catch a commercial flight to London. Some members of thebin Laden family were scheduled to deplane in Geneva with otherstraveling on to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

Invest iga t ion on 9/19/01 at Dulles Airport, VAF i l e # 265D-NY-280350-302 Date dictatedby

T h i s document contains peither recommendations nor conclus ions of the F B I . It is the property of the FB I and is loaned to y o u r 4tKBCKEQ. JU^ U U U

39/48

9/11 Personal PrivacyKD-302a(Rev. 10-6-&5) ,..

265D-NY-280350-WF """"-......

C o n t i n u a t i o n p f F D - 3 0 2 o f Akberali Mohemedali M oawalia" - - - . .. .O n 9/19/01 , P a g eMoawalla said that Abdullah bin Laden, 'a'l-s.o a half brother ofOsama, was coordinating the charter flight with all the... fami1v membe j - s.He \was aHarvard Law School graduate currently residing in||Moawalla was in Boston with Abdullah until Sunday when Moawalla came toD.C.\r the charter flight.

Global Administration, LimitedGlobal was started in 1990 for the purpose of reviewinginvestment proposals for the bin Laden family. There are five Global

employees who serve as investment advisors. This aspect of the binLaden family business is managed by Shafig bin Laden with whom Moawallaarrived af e Piedmont Hawthorne Aviation this evening. Shafig wasdescribed 'as the President/Owner of Global.Moawalla has been employed by Global since 1990. Heobtained his\Master of Business'Administration (MBA) from University ofMassachusetts'., (UM) in 1976. He attended UM- on a student VISA and had aU.S. Social Security Account Number during that time (numberunrecalled) . tyoawalla has been a British citizen since 1986.He alsomaintains citizenship with Tunisia as well.

As an investment advisor at Global, Moawalla reviewedproposals for different investments, prepared investment summaries, andsubmitted them to\the'bin Laden brothers to decide which avenues topursue. Once the investment proposals were accepted by the family,they were then provided to the "professional investment managers".These investment companies thereafter conducted the financialtransactions at their own discretion based upon the plan proposed byMoawalla and approved,by the family. Moawalla provided the followinginvestment firms and his contacts within each:

1. J.P. Morgan -I2. Goldman Sachs/3. Citibank - I4. Merrill Lynch5. Permal Asset Manager6. Morgan Stanley -|Moawalla has never conducted any financial transactions forOsama bin Laden. He has no knowledge of any recent transactions tosell short certain stock holdings in reinsurance companies, investmentcompanies occupying space in World Trade Center (WTC), and/or airlines.He did not know with whom Osama bin Laden conducted his financialtransactions. To his knowledge, Osama bin Laden was considered the

REQ. 30-2 000000038

40/48

F D - 3 0 2 a ( R e v . 10-6-95)

265D-NY-280350-WF

C o n t i n u a t i o n o f F D - 3 0 2 o f Akberali Moheitiedali Moawalla . O n 9/19/01 , P a g e"black sheep" of the family. The family "cursed" Osama bin Laden as hehas brought much shame to the family. To his knowledge, the bin Ladenfamily has never provided any financial assistance to Osama bin Ladensince his exile from Saudi Arabia. Moawalla believed that the newsreports of Osama bin Laden's financial worth being $300 million weregreatly exaggerated. Moawalla believed that Osama bin Laden grew up ina different household than Shafig bin Laden and many of the 52 binLaden children. He did not know nor could he really guess at the networth of the bin Laden family. He did not know how the family fortunesare distributed among the 52 brothers and sisters of the bin Ladenfamily.

In the early 1990s, the bin Laden family worked with theSaudi government to build roads throughout the country. Osama binLaden did not agree with this activity on the part of his family andtook exception with both his family and the Saudi government. In 1993or 1994, Saudi Arabia revoked the citizenship of Osama bin Laden.Moawalla felt certain that the bin Laden family has had no contact withOsama bin Laden.since that time.

Moawalla explained that in their financial dealings with thevarious investment companies' identified above, the bin Laden family hadt o provide formal documentation to the investment managers showing t ha tt h e bin Laden family did not support or fund Osama bin Laden. Theseinvestment companies then performed their own due diligence tocorroborate the information provided by the family.

Moawalla did not believe that Shafig bin Laden and/or hisbrothers had any current relationship with their brother, Osama binLaden. Moawalla had no knowledge of the attacks on the World TradeCenter in New York City, New York or the Pentagon in the Washington,D.C. area. He recognized the magnitude of the tragedy and pledged toprovide any information to which he becomes privy. He did not believe,that other bin Laden family members had any knowledge of the attacksbeyond that which was reported in the press. Moawalla said that if,for an instant, he believed that the bin Laden family knew of theplanned terrorists attacks, he would not be working for them.

Moawalla provided the following information about some of theother passengers listed on the flight manifest:

Najia bin Laden - Osama's sister. Was in LA and is nowreturning t o Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

REQ. 30-2 000000039

41/48

FD-302a(Rev. 10-6-95)

265D-NY-280350-WF

Cont inuat ion of FD-302 of

Arabia.

Akberali Mohemedali Moawalla .On 9/19/01

Kahlil bin Laden - Brother of Osama. Lives in Jeddah, Saudi

Maria Bayma - Doesn't know.Sultan bin Laden - nephew of Osama.Shafig bin Laden - Brother of Osama.Nawaf Bark bin Laden - nephew of Osama/son of Bark bin LadenReem Hamza Asar - Doesn't know.Omar an d Faisal Almadoudi - possibly nephew/nieces of Osama.Mohammed Salem bin Laden - nephew of Osama/son of Salem bin

Salman Salem bin Laden - son of Salem bin Laden.Tamara Khalil bin Laden - niece of Osama/daughter of Khalil

Sana Mohammed bin Laden - Sister of Osama.Hasan Awed Aljohi - nephew or niece of Osama.A consent search of Moawalla's luggage and briefcase wascon ducted but no items were retain ed. Moawalla explained that thevarious certificates of commendation to the bin Laden family from U.S.Departmen t of Defen se agencies were part of a public relation s matteron the part of the bin Laden family to show that they assisted the U.S.in the past an d were recognized for thier contributions. During theGulf war in the middle east, the bin Laden family assisted in buildingroads into Iraq for U.S. troops.Moawall's briefcase contained a Prospectus from Charles W.Freeman, Jr., Chairman , of Projects International. He explained thatFreeman was the Ambassador to Saudi Arabia during the Gulf war.The following in formation was obtained from Moawalla:

Laden

bin Laden.

L 9/11 Person al Privacy J

REQ. 30-2 000000040

42/48

FD-302a (Rev. 10-6-95)

2 6 5 D - N Y - 2 8 0 3 5 0 -W F

C o n t i n u a t i o n o f F D - 3 0 2 o f Akberali Mohemeda . l i Moawalla .On 9/19/01 . , Page 5_

9/11 Personal Privacy

Moawalla left the lounge area at Piedmont Hawthorne atapproximately 11:00 p.m. with Shafig bin Laden and three young adultsto board the 727 charter to Boston.The Air Group, Inc. flight schedule/manifest for this charteris maintained in the 1A section of the file.

REQ. 30-2 000000041

43/48

9/11 Personal Privacy\ 1

On September 19, 2001, the below lasted Special Agentsmet with the following outgoing crew members'; of RYANINTERNATIONAL AIRLINES, Wichita, Kansas, telephone number 800-942-1638, in order to solicit their cooperation in theinvestigation of the Twin Towers and Pentagon bombings:DAN KENNEDY, Social Security Numbe^PHILLIP ROLISON, Social Security NiimbejMICHAEL NIGHTENGALE, Social Security Numbe]AMMIE GATES, Social Security NumberVJOHN O'QUINN, Social Security NumberXTRACEY MORSE, Social Security Number\s crew was flying a charter

FLIGHT SUPPORT, Logan International Airport, carrying members ofthe BIN LADE N family residing in the New England area. They wereresponsible for the Boston, Massachusetts, to Paris, France,portion of the trip, leaving the night of September 19, 2001.They stated they would contact the Federal Bureau ofInvestigation if they became aware of any information that wouldassist with the above men tioned investigation. SA ||furnished several business cards to this crew./9/11 Law Enforcement Privacy

09/19/01 East Bosto n, Massachusetts265D-NY-28035Q / 09/20/01SASAREQ. 30-2 000000042

44/48

9/11 Personal Privacy

p-302 (Rev. 10-6-95)

D a t e o f t ranscr ip t ion 09/20/2001SHAFIG M.A. BIN LADEN, DOB f

wasinterviewed at fieomont rtawtnorne unarter Aircrart,uuiies Airport.Dulles, Virginia. Also present during the interview was J \l AgLADEN was advised of the identity of the interviewing agent and thenature of the interview, that being a request of he a r i d his party foridentification. Thereafter, the following information' was provided:

SHAFIG BIN LADEN is in the investment department for theSBLG. He arrived in the U.S. on September 9, 2001 0n British Airlinesfrom London. He attended a convention at the Ritz/Carlton inWashington, D.C. arranged by the Carlyle Group, a.h investment bankingfirm. While in Washington, D.C., he stayed at th.e Hyatt Hotel on M and24th Streets in Georgetown. His contact with the Carlyle Group is HARRYALVERSON in Washington, D.C. He displayed a Caciyle Group brochure. Hefurther displayed a document he described as the order for the chartergenerated by the Saudi Arabian Embassy. SHAFIG BIN LADEN furtheradvised that during the 1990's, he and his attorneys met at length withofficials of the FBI and provided them all information to satisfy themthat the SBLG had no connection with the activities of OSAMA BIN LADEN.

SHAFIG BIN LADEN offered to make his and his party's baggageavailable to be searched. The bags were hand searched by SA.-l 1| IAlso searched"on behalfofthe pilot were two boxes containing radio equipment which met flight521 on the tarmac and were thereafter loaded onto the plane.

i n v e s t i g a t i o n o n 9/19/01 a t .Dulles. VirginiaF i i e # 2 6 5 A - N Y - 2 8 0 3 5 0 - 3 0 2 / Control!3976a D a t e d i c t a t e d 9/20/01by SA I I

Thi s doovueiU coniwr*jther r e commenda t i on s n o r con c lu s i on s o f t he FBI . I t i s the p roper ty of the FBI and i s loaned to your affjVtj)QOO'043

45/48

\ ( t t e v ; ; o , 8 - 2 8 - 2 0 o o ) - . . , .\> FEDERAL BU RE AU OF INVESTIGATION

\. PRIORITY "\,.,.. Date: Q9/19/2001To: 'CoutvlLextet-rorism Attn:'' S.IOS S AOCA -From: Lb.s An'g.el'es

x-Squad\NS'D.-4don tact,:Approved By:Drafted By:Case ID #: 265D-NY-280350-'LA \{Pending)Tit\e: PENTTBOMB

\C - 182\TSynop^s: To notify FBIHQ of imminent tra-yel and"xr,esuits of interviews.09/19/2b"tVe RStelca11 betw en SA| |and SSA< ~1 n

n 9/19/201< FBI Los Angeles escorted 'Hajiah Binladen toN a i * h hn H in% Connter terminalat Ls Angeles 'International AirportNaniah board ed a 737-200, tail number N521DB, a Ryan internationalAirlines aircraft, flight number 441.

aTircraft.c^ew consisted of pilot Captain BiliNpillow,Llsa Snider, Flight Engineer Enor Svensson, flight

Kafe .S hoen'a*d f^ght attendant Sally Kacheroski. ''Ryan A^-rllnes Provided an unarmed security guard aboar/the _date of h f LS .ftngeles olice Department Reserve officer_]aircr^^^^^^|j Na iah was the nly passenger aboard the^

Najia\dthat they would first land in Orlando, Florida.h r n '-hSr Ot ur hali1' Khalil's wife, and Khalil's son would also?ck uo?waircraft-^The plane woul d then proceed to Washington, D.C.? topick up two more individuals before continuing on to Bostonn?!.a MSett!'J1 Boston' many more family members would be boarding thestaged ?hat^h ?hnVnrW WUldbe boarding in Washington DC. NajiafcboS?nn JL ? thou9ht her brother Nawaf and her nephew Suleiman would k5P I ^.Boston, Massachusetts. The plane would then proceec

refuelin3befor its ul timate destination in Geneva,Swit 1 d

8803-2 000000044

46/48

9/11 Law Enforcement Privacy ..-79/11 Personal Privacy\. ' ' " - - . T o : Counterterronsm From: Los Angel.e's/\. 265D-NY-280350-LA, 09/19/2001 // \.

\. On 09/1-7./2001, Naliah-'Binlad'en was interviewed at her home,"!I \. . . - ' / / ' I Najiah w a s very upsetover th e re-cent attacks>,..as .violence/is not the Way of tslam. Najiahstated that 's-he loves t h e " " y t i i i t e d S t - a / t e s , especially the Los Angelesregio-n. NajiaX. stated that s'he intended to return to Saudi A rabia by theweekerid. Naj iah'xstated that shV-Va-s afraid to leave her building, and waanxious'-, about her "-safety'. Najiah/''/wa.? even more apprehensive\about themedia fi'nding her. ' " - . . / ' / / " " . . . \n 09/18 /-2001>, Najiah 7 Coflight information''' n 0/'19 / 2 O.Q ]/. \ \ h appeared to '/be' very Wescarry on readih-g materials wer..e\all in English, \4nd \ s l i e carried her a'baysand her veil /in ''-her travel b'a^. Najiah enjoys yc-g'a a f t d \ s out at th'e|~~|

I t when ''-she is at /he:r I ' - . . \ e n u m b e r rs \ I l a n d , her'ajiah also took flight le:ss'bns at theX.Santa Monica Ar^ort in SantaMonica, California. Najiah .-has her private pilot \ s \ , and flew herdaughters to Las Vega's, . - N e v a d a , with a co-pilot ' s i . &ssl\sta^.nce . Najiahstated th at she would ' ' i r t i m p - d i a t e l y contact SA-.J \ r return to| ^ /\ . Najiah complimented SAl \ n herproficiency of classical \Arabic. Najiah told SA l \ Fthkt she iswelcome to come and v.isitXand stay in Najiah's Jeddah h6me \any time.

On 09/17/2..-001, SA'1 I interviewed Mihaj. " M i k e 1* - , Mirea Leu. atI / i Mike stated that h eis. thecaretaker of Ibrahim Binladen's house, located at he | ~ ~ ~ \ .Angeles, California, to take their children back td; start \school in SaudiArabia. Mike stated that the return trip had been planned\for some timeand was not an abrupt departure. \ d that he was born in Rcitizen. Mike/ has been working off and on for Ibrah\im Binladen since1985. Mike actually resides with his wife, Nicolette, his son, and h i s -daughter in a small guesthouse on the grounds of Ibrahim's] \ 1estate. Mike-'' also pays all bills related to Na-iiah'sX I/address.Mike shares/a Bank of America checking account with Ibrahim a^d Najiah irorder to pay their bills while they are gone. \

/ Mike stated that neither Ibrahim nor Najia h talk about theirbroth er,/Usama. Mike stated that it was his impression t hat the Binladerfamily does not associate or support Usama Binladen. Mike stated thatIbrahim', his wife Munira, and their children only reside at the I II j - ' a d d r e s s a few weeks every year, usually in August and earlySeptember.

REQ. 30-2 000000045

47/48

To: Counterterrorxsm From: Los AngelesRe: 265D-NY-280350-LA, 09/19/2001

Mike stated that the last time he had seen Ibrahim, Ibrahim hacshown Mike a picture of Ibrahim, former President Jimmy Carter, and threeof Ibrahim's brothers. Ibrahim said that the picture was taken in January2001.

Mike said that he would be willing to provide any additionalassistance in thefuture toSA | \ .

REQ. 30-2 000000046

48/48

To: Counterterrorlsrn From: Los AngelesRe: 265D-NY-280350-LA, 09/19/2001

LEAD(s) :Set Lead 1:

A L L R E C E I V I N G O F F I C E SR e a d and clear.