t7 b18 pilot training info- printouts for flight simulator software- 1st pgs for reference 536

Upload: 911-document-archive

Post on 30-May-2018

Category:

Documents

0 download

TRANSCRIPT

• 8/14/2019 T7 B18 Pilot Training Info- Printouts for Flight Simulator Software- 1st Pgs for Reference 536

1/7

A m azon . com : M icroso ft Flight Simulato r 2004: A Century o f Flight: Explore similar items Page 1 of 3

amazon.com,Goods _' fBela-Whatisthls?i[ W E L C O M E

BROWSE B YSYSTEMSearch : Video Games

TO PSELLERS

APPAREI.fi-,ACCESSORIESNE W & FUTURERELEASES

\J1/ VIEW CART | WISH UST | YQUB ACCOUMTJ |

101KIDS&FAMILY

GAMEH A R D W A R E U S E D &RAREBrowse: Al1 Systems

You c l icked on this item...3 Microsof t Flight Sim ula to r 2004: A CenturyofFlightOther products by Mic rosof tAve rage Cus tome r R ev i ew : iSr***:': Usua l ly sh ips in 24 hours

Th is item sh ips for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.Se e de t a i l s .

List Price: $64 . 0 0Price: $47.99Y o u Save: $7 . 00

(13%)

From the ManufacturerEnthusiasts around th e wo rld will experience th e history ofaviation with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century ofFlight. A s the world celebrates the 100th an niversary of po weredflight in 2003, A Century of Flight allows virtual pilots to feelwha t it's like to take the controls o f nine.. . R e a d m o r e

Yo u m a y also be interested in these items...Show items from:> All Produc ts

Books (20)Cairnera & Photo (6)Computer.....&VideoGames (is)DVD (20)Electronics (16)K i t chen &Hpusewares ( io )Magaz i neSubscr ipt ions (8 )Music (ii)Sof tware (is)Tools & H a r d w a r e

llr Microsoft FlightSimulator 2004by Doug Radc l i f fe ,Andy Mahoodl_More like this j

'Saitek J24C X45Flight ControlSystem (USB)

CH ProductsFlight Sim Y o k e U SBby CH PRODUCTS

CH Products ProRudder Pedals

More resul ts 0

O LogitechFreedom 2.4CordJessJIoystickby Logitech

CH Products ProRudder Peda ls U SB

http:/ /ww w.am azo n.co m /exec/obidos/ASIN/B000096KDT/airshow guide-20/103-6094965-. .. 1/23/2004

• 8/14/2019 T7 B18 Pilot Training Info- Printouts for Flight Simulator Software- 1st Pgs for Reference 536

2/7

3/7

Fidelity Flight Simulation - Products Page 1 of 3

WUS/RJFidelity Flight Simulationintroduces the MOTUS/RJ, the firstaffordable ful l motion Regional Jetflight simulation device.The MOTUS/RJ is specifically designed for the criticaltransition from p iston aircraft to the right seat of theRegional Jet in a pilot's real time o peratingenvironment. No other flight simulation device offers RJsystems integration along with the proven MOTUS fullflight simulation capability. Alon g w ith Fidelity's six-axismotion base and multi-screen RealVision externaldisplay, the MOTUS/RJ is the ideal Regional Jet, CRMan d LOFT training device.The Regional Jet is a challenging transition formost pilots. Many struggle to adapt to the glasscockpit, fl ight management systems and operatingspeeds of the RJ, particularly at the high task loadingthese aircraft deman d. Only MO TUS , with itsaffordable, all-electricmotion base, can so fullyimmerse the pilot in the R Jtraining environment.The principal challenge is

training pilots to manageall the new resourcesavailable in a time criticalenvironment. Pilots canlearn in the MOTUS/RJhow to manage various levels of automa tion, dependingon the situation, fo r effective fl ight m anagem ent.

The MOTUS/RJ provides the necessary integrationbetween EFIS, Mode Control Panel and FMC topromote a total understanding of aircraft autom ation.Most experts agree there are two types of non-normals. In the RJ, some non-normals can be addressed bya straightforward response toemergency checklists. Bu tother non-normals demand fa rhigher cognitive an d motorskills, the type of responsesrequiring training in higherfidelity simulation devices. Ahigh task loading environmentrequires motion cueing, an donly the MOT US/RJ canaffordably deliver motion.As with all MOTUS flight simulators, Fidelity FligSimulation offers the visual database, airports, navakand app roaches for the desired continent of operatiorUsers can even add runway m arkings, ILS boundarieand other airport signage for runway incursion traininand a level of authenticity unma tched anyw here at arprice. And the MO TUS IFR training environmentpermits flight in an a lmost limitless variety of ceilings,visibilities, precipitation, turbulence an d wind shear.

http://www.flightmotion.com/docs/rj-brochure.htm 1/23/2004

4/7

InfoWerk company profile Page 1 of 4

E-mai l | Vis-Sim News | Articles | Profi les | Diary | Arch i ve | Search | Defence News | Global Defence Review

mu l t i me d i a

infoWERK is one of the leading developers of Multimedia Based Training (MBT)systems . The comp any is specia l ized in the product ion of eLearning products a nd in thisarea has gaine d tremendous know how in the applicat ion of internet- and intranet-based t raining programs.THREE MAIN BUSINESS AREAS

E-Learning servicesin foWERK breaks new ground and offers in various educat ional areas Mult imedia BasedTrainings (MB Ts) of highest qua l i ty according to latest internat ional standa rds. As amarket leader in MBTs in the Aviation business, new branches like Marine or Railwaybusiness stand to benefi t from our already gained experience and knowledge. Especia l lyin the Industry mult imedia becomes more and more important in business educat ion.Among others, S W A ROV S KI is one of i n foWERKs main customers.Multimedia services

For many years in foWERK has performed high qual ity m ult ime dia presentat ions forcustomers from th e industry, business and trade. The achievements range from simpleinternet presentat ions about products and company portrayals on CD-ROM or DVDthrough to complex B2B solut ions.E-Learning productsMany years of experience and wide-ranging studies in the eLearning area are the basisof in foWERKs high-quali ty M ul timedia-Ba sed Train ings (M BT s). Enabled by the intensivecom m unica t ion with our customers, each MB T is ada pted to the customer's individualneeds - to a chieve opt imal educat ional and training results. S upported by severa leLearning tutors and wel l -exper ienced Subject -Mat ter-Experts in foWERK developesMBTs fo r var ied educat ional areas: Aviation, Marine, Railway, Medical Technologyor Public Education - there are no limits for the use of Mult imedia-Based Trainings.ELEARNING AS ROAD TO FUTURE

Changes in social l i fe respect ive in the working worldhave effects on up-bringing and educat ion. Tendenciestowards individual izat ion can be observed in all

http://www.ets-news.com/infowerk_profile.htm 1/23/2004

5/7

Flight Training Software - P C Aviator Direct Page 1 of 1

Flight Training SoftwareIFR TrainersJeppesen FlitePro"IFR Training For Under $200!"Solid IFR training simulator for the professiona l pilot or pilot in training. Featuresboth the C essna 172 and Bonanza A -36 as well as the Apollo GX50 panel GPS.Many Flight Analysis functions available. Visual scenery quality is limited. Thistitle is for serious IFR flight only. If your looking for a simulator that providesbetter visual scenery, try Flight Simulator 2002 (in the General Aviation section)Price: $139.95. Media: CD-ROM. Publisher: JeppesenPlatform: IBM PCAvailability: NowClick Here For Full Information SheetPrecision Sjm uIator 744Th e first complete simulation of the Boeing 747-400. Precision Simulator putsyo u in the cockpit of the 747-400 complete with all of the systems an d functions.Ideal trainer for the ATPL or for the advanced flight sim enthusiast. Available asfull version and upgrade for owners of previous versions.Price: $399.95 (Full Version)Media: CD-ROM. Publisher: Aerowinx Platform: IBM PC Availability: NowCJick Here orJLu

Al l Prices in Australian Dollars and IncludeGSTTo order by phone - call Toll FREE 1-800-807-747 in Australia

Suite 6, 219 Balaclava Rd , North Caulfield, Victoria, 3161, AustraliaPh : 03-9532-8258 Fax : 03-9532-8916Intl Ph : +61 +3 +9532 8258 Intl Fax : +61 +3 +9532 89169 am to 5 pm Mon-Friday AEST

http://www.pcaviator.com.au/shop/shifrl .htm 1/23/2004

6/7

'Flight Simulation Information atBusiness.com Page 1 of 3

Flight Simulation- Manufacturers and producersof flight simulation equipment and software.Business.com 'fThe Bus iness Search Engine f

7/7

Aviation Theory (VOR Navigation part 1) - Flightsim Aviation Zone Page 1 of 3>

F l i g h t s i m A v i a t i o nThe Fl ights imA v i a t i o n ZoneLocations News Directory Flightsim Aviation OnlineHomepage Message Boards Site Map Link to us Contact us AdvertisingINFO BARNEW: FS.2Q04 Special - info, downloads, shop, a lot more.. - NEW: Message Boards - many flightsim & aviation topics! - Nl

Aviation TheoryVOR Navigation part 1

< Previous. | Cha pters .overview | Next >

INTRODUCTIONThe very high frequency omni-directional radio range. What a mouthful! This is one instancewhere acronyms are handy. All of that is condenses into VHF omni-range or VOR! If you needa basic explanation of what a VOR or VORTAC is, please see the Navaids lesson onVOR/VORTAC.The VOR system was developed in the US in the late 1940s and adopted by the ICAO as thestandard short range radio navigation aid in 1960. It had several advantages ov er the existingsystem of ADF/NDB, such as low interference from atmospheric conditions and no nighteffect.USAGEThe VOR is used for: orientation and position determination navigation by tracking to or froma station as a holding fix as a non precision instrument approachTh e main use is for following a specific course t o o r from a VOR. The VOR will indicate th edesired course and the deviation from that course. The VOR display is NOT headingsensitive. The heading has nothing to do with the indication. More on this later.In the VOR system, a ground station emits a signal in all directions. By convention, 360different tracks, o r radials, a re used. Radials a re always From the VOR and in 1 increments,related to magnetic north. The normal accuracy of a VOR is 2 or better.The range of a VOR is limited by power and line of sight. There are several classes of VORs.For information concerning ranges, see the Navaid Service Volume lesson.Most aeronautical charts show the VOR's position, frequency and ident, the three letteridentifier for the VOR in Morse Code. This information is also found in the AF/D. The VictorAirways and Jet Routes both use the VOR system and the routes themselves are markedwith the appropriate radial of each VOR forming the route. You should be aware that thesecourse indications are in degrees magnetic. If you are plotting a course on a chart, you needto convert the degrees true to degrees magnetic. To convert true to magnetic, you add orsubtract the magnetic variation for the area. A n easy way to remember this is : "East is Least,A dd Whiskey" o r "East is Least; West is Best". In other words, if variation is East, subtract itfrom magnetic to get true an d if it is west, add it.COCKPIT INDICATORS

http://www.flightsimaviation.com/index.php?p=aviationtheory&ch= 21 1/20/2004