t7 b7 letters from citizens fdr- faa investigator rodney stitch to 911 commission- 911 is fault of...

Upload: 911-document-archive

Post on 30-May-2018

Category:

Documents

0 download

TRANSCRIPT

• 8/14/2019 T7 B7 Letters From Citizens Fdr- FAA Investigator Rodney Stitch to 911 Commission- 911 is Fault of Corrupt Officials 177

1/11

S'JSfe% ,

s E KeanH A I R

HamiltonE C H A I R

dBen-Veniste

eland

Fielding

. GoreUck

orton

y J. Roemer

. Thompson

.ZdikowVE DIRECTOR

Date:

TO: TEAM

The attached correspondence from /L 0 Cs / A e. J r~ '

is being forwarded to you for informationand consideration. A copy has^^ P

also been sent to Team(s)^^^

for their information. If youhave any questions, please call me on331-4082. Thank you.

T E L (202) 331-4060F A X (202) 296-5545

www.9-llcomrnission.gov

• 8/14/2019 T7 B7 Letters From Citizens Fdr- FAA Investigator Rodney Stitch to 911 Commission- 911 is Fault of Corrupt Officials 177

2/11

Declaration from Former Federal Aviation Safety Agent Rodney Stich ToThe National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon th e United States

Date: April 12, 2004I, Rodney F. Stich, declare:This April 12 , 2004, declaration is sent to Thomas H. Kean, Chairman of the National

Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States, by certified mail. 1 The purposeof this declaration is to place another declaration into the commission records from aformer government agent concerning the documented misconduct in government officesthat played key roles enabling terrorists to seize four airliners on September 11, 2001.

The members of this commission are circumventing the primary areas of blame forthe events of 9/11. This standard tactic of controlled investigations has repeatedlyprevented exposure and correction of serious corruption in government offices, enablingthe continuation of catastrophic effect upon the United States. The members of thiscommission are intent at showing "mistakes" were made that led to 3,000 people beingkilled rather than reveal the criminal actions that made 9/11 possible.

The basis for the statements in this declaration is based upon my many years ofexperience as a government agent and subsequent investigations, which included theinput from large numbers of other present an d former government agents. 2

During m y activities as a federal aviation safety agent I had been given the

assignment to correct the conditions causing the worst series of airline crashes in thenation's history. In this assignment I acted as an independent counsel, conductinghearings and receiving evidence, which proved the existence of deep-seated corruptionwithin the government's aviation safety offices related to a series of fatal airline crashes.

The standard coverup of corrupt an d criminal misconduct following that proceedingcaused and enabled numerous catastrophic blowback consequences. These included yearsof preventable aviation tragediesof which the hijackings of four airliners on September11, 2001, were only the most recent and prominent consequences.

This declaration highlights the primary causes for the success of the hijackers on9/11, including the: Culture and deep-seated misconduct within the government's aviation safety offices

that blocked the federal government from performing its aviation safetyresponsibilities.

Coverups and obstruction of justicerelating to these federal offenses. Intelligence failures exacerbated by the deep-seated corruption that subverted the

function of government agencies, and especially in the U.S. Department of Justiceand the Central Intelligence Agency.

Failure of ke y people in government to act on intelligence.Four Areas of Primary an d Secondary Blame fo r Events of September 11,2001The primary blame for the success of the hijackers on 9/11 was the misconduct of

people in certain government aviation safety offices that created the conditions enablinghijackers to seize four airliners an d hijackings of the prior 50 years, all of which wereeasily preventable. The deep-seated corruption within the FAA were addressed in a 4000-page FAA hearing record during which I acted as an independent counsel.

The tragedy-related corruption was charged in various judicial filings during which Isought to report the federal crimes to a federal judges under the mandatory requirementsof the federal crime reporting statute, Title 18 U.S.C. 4.1 sought to report these mattersto members of Congress, all of whom refused to receive evidence and for various reasonsengaged incoverup.

Secondaryprimary blame for the events of 9/11 were the coverups and obstruction ofjustice that blocked present an d former government agentsincluding mefromreporting these federal offenses The most heavily documented evidence of the felonycoverups and obstruction of justice were the actions by federal judges and JusticeDepartment lawyers to lawsuits that I filled under the federal crime reporting statuteseeking to report these matters. Their obstruction of justice were federal crimes per se.

Declarationof April 12, 2004, relating to corruptionenabling terrorist acts of 9/11

3/11

Subordinate and contributing blame for the events of9/11 were so-called"intelligence failures"by people in Justice Department offices and the CIA. These"failures" were undoubtedly influenced by the widespread corruption in these twogovernment offices.

Contributing subordinateblame arises from the failures of politicians and members ofCongress to act wheninsiders provide information of corruption in governmentoffices.

Another contributing subordinate blame arises from the "controlled investigations"that covered up and obstructedjustice in prior areas of misconduct involving politiciansand government officials.

Much of this information is detailed in my various informational booksand incharges madein my various filings in the federal courts

Further Details Supporting These ChargesCorrupt C ulture in Certain G overnment Av iation Safety OfficesThe misconduct in certain government aviationsafety offices that repeatedly blocked

the federal government from meeting its aviation safety responsibilities is reflected in thefollowing conditions that I and other government agents discovered, that are stated hereas examples: Refusal of FAA management personnelin certain segmentsof the FA A totake, and to

block, authorized and required actions on known and reportedmajor aviation safetyproblems, safety violations. Some of these actions were criminal violations that

resulted in great aviation tragedies. Included in the types of obstructionist actionsby FAA management, that blockedfederal safety agents from carrying out their aviation safety duties, were thefollowing:o Pressure, threats, and retaliation againstfederal aviation safety agents fo r

attemptingto report an d correct major safety problems.o Rem oval and destruction ofofficial records reporting safety problems, safety

violations, and criminal violations.o Placement of unqualified people in key positions for political gains, including the

office of FAA administrator, and who are not capable of recognizing threatsneeding corrective actions, and are not capableof controlling rogue elementswithin the agency. A typical example of this was the failure of the politically-correct FAA administrator and other FAA personnel to order the simple andinexpensive preventative measures to blockhijackers from taking control of anairliner. There were nu merous reports, shortly prior to9/11, by the WhiteHouse,the FAA, the Department of Transportation, the Justice Department, and the CIA,of planned hijackings, for which every one of the people in control of theseoffices could have ordered the simple preventativemeasures3 that would haveprevented terroristsfrom taking control of thefour airliners.

Examples of how the government's aviationsafety responsibilities weresabotaged bypeople in the government's aviation safetyoffices, that I and other federal aviationsafety agents discovered, reported, and tried to correct, included the following:o Airline training an d competencycheck programs at certain airlines that werea

farce, which allowed untrained and unsafe crewmembers to continue in airlineoperations. These programs did not meet the intent or the specifics offederalaviation safety directives. This documented misconductwas especially prominentat United Airlines, which had some intriguing blowback and "butterfly effects"related to September 11, 2001.

o Falsified records at certain politically powerful airlines, to falsely indicatefederally required pilot and flight engineer trainingand competency checkshadbeen performed, whenin fact they wereno t performed.

o Falsified records indicating that federally required maintenancepractices hadbeen accomplished, when infact they were not accom plished.

o Dangerous piloting techniques, such as high sink rate approaches,that wentuncorrected. Oneexample of the deadly consequenceswas a pilot that I reportedhaving a high sink rate approach. Despite my report of his dangerous piloting

Declarationof April 12, 2004, relatingto corruptionenabling terrorist actsof 9/11

4/11

technique and the federal directives requiring thathe receive corrective training,FAA management refused to require it. Several months later, due to thisdangerous condition, the plane crashed at Salt Lake City, causing forty-threepeople were cremated alive. I was removedfrom my duties for six weeks when Ireported this comm on problemof other senior pilotsat United Airlines.

o Dangerous flight engineer problems at a politically powerfulairline that wasinvolved in several accidents and near accidents.

o Dangerous practice of pilots descending too low during visual and instrumentconditions, which I reported. Two consequences of this known andunaddressedproblem were airliners that crashed into Lake M ichiganand during an approach tothe C incinnati Airport.

o Airline refusing to provide governm ent-requiredpilot training and then falsifyinggovernment required records to conceal this practice. The results were poorlytrained and qualified pilots at a major airline and numerous crashes attributedtothis m isconduct.

o Refusal to require backup flight instrumentsat a major airliner, that resulted innumerous near-crashes and in one crash that caused over 100 deathsbeforechanges werefinally ordered.

o Ailine hijackings that were easily and inexpensively preventable. I and otherinspectors reported the urgency of inexpensive and easily accomplishedpreventative measures thatFAA management was authorized and required toorder be taken. FAA m anagementrefused to order the measures that would havehalted the deadly practiceof airline hijackings that have occurredfor the past 40years throughout the world. The continuation of thisrefusal to act and retaliationagainst inspectors making reports of the necessity forthese corrective actionsmade possible the success of 19 hijackers on September11, 2001.

0 Many other problems, which I repeatedly reported, and detail in my variousgovernmentand non-government writings and reports, and in informational booksthat I have written.

Complicity of Po litical National Transportation S afety Board Mem bers1 and other federal aviation safety agents reportedthe serious internalFAA problems,

including criminal acts relatedto several prior airline crashes,to various membersof theNational Transportation Safety Board (and its CAB Bureau of Aviation Safely

predecessor). Insteadof responding as required by law, they covered up for the federaloffenses, which enabled the preventable crashesto continue. In response to the resultingcrashes, they falsified their official accident reports by omitting material facts thatabsolved them of blame and covering up for the misconduct in the FAA. The deadlyproblems continue to this dayand were primarily responsible for theconditionsenabling terrorists to hijackfour airliners on9/11.

Complicity of FBI and Other Justice Department PersonnelStarting while I was a federal aviation safety agent, and while acting as an

independent counsel, I made my charges of deadlyfederal criminalmisconduct related toseveral prior airline crashes known toFBI agents and several U.S. attorneys, along withthe head of the Department of Justice. I encountered the standard refusal to receiveevidence that implicatedfederal personnel.

I encountered Justice Department block w hen I circumvented the block and appearedbefore a federal grand jury in Denver while I was a federal agent. I encountered theirblocks when I filedfederal actions under the federal crime reporting statute seeking toreport the Trojan-horse-like corruption in governmentoffices. In 1986, JusticeDepartment prosecutors chargedme, a former federal agent and witness, with criminalcontempt of court for attempting to report criminal activities, includingthose that createdthe conditions enabling terrorists to seizefour airliners on 9/11.

I had notified FBI chief Robert Muller of the criminal activities while he was in theU.S. attorney's office in San Francisco and thenafter he became head of the FBI,followed by the usual coverup. The same notificationwas sent to U.S. Attorney JohnAshcroft and prior U.S. attorneys. Theyrefused to receive the evidence that I and other

Declarationof April 12 ,2004, relating to corruptionenabling terrorist actsof 9/11

5/11

former government agents soughtto report related to other areas of corruptionimplicatinggovernmentofficialsand other government personnel.

Justice Department personnel prosecuted the head of a multi-agency taskforce4 thatfocused on the drug operations of people in the New York-New Jersey areas, includingthe Jersey Cityterrorists who the following year bom bedthe World Trade Centerin 1993.The prosecutiono f that agent haltedthe investigationsand sent a message to othergovernment agentsnot to proceed withthe investigations. That obstruction of justice

tactic enabled the Jersey City terro rists to procee d with the bom bing o f the Wo rld TradeCenter a year later, in1993.This typical retaliation against gove rnm ent agents is endless, and includes the false

imprisonment of another FBI agent, one of my many sources. He wasfalsely charged tosilence his exposure of CIA involvem ent with organized crim e drug sm uggling, illegalfunding of Iraq duringthe 1980s,and other offenses.

The same culturewas shown by the FBI's support for organized crimein the Bostonarea, with William Bulger and others, wherein FBI agentswith Washington approvalprovided the names of government informants to organized crime figures, causing theinformantsto be murdered.I have acquiredinformationfrom organized crime insidersthat the same conditions existed in the New York City area, showing the widespreadculture in the FBI, which obviouslyis not compatible withprotecting U.S. interests.Considerable other evidence is available to show the depravity of this culture. Iofferedthis informationto membersof Congressand the Justice Department;none responded.

Complicity of Many M embers of CongressFo r several years priorto September11, 2001, I repeatedly notified membersof

Congress (someby certified mail) of the serious corruption thatI and other governmentagents had discoveredin the government's aviationsafety offices and within the JusticeDepartmentand the Central Intelligence Agency.I repeatedly requested that they receivetestimonyand evidencefrom me and other fo rmerand present government agents.Ouroffers were repeatedly ignored.It is this group in Congress thatshares peripheral blamefo r the eventsof 9/11.

The serio us m atters that I sought to repo rt included, fo r instance, repo rts o f (a) surfaceto air missiles being acquired by terrorists, made possible by actions of FBI and CIApersonnel; (b) suitcase nuclear devices being smuggledfrom the former Soviet Unionthrough Lithuania,and which will surelybe used in Americancities at some future date;(c) drug smuggling into the United States by people acting under cover of governmentpositions and covert operations; (d) Soviet spies in the FBI and CIA offices, made knownprior to their discover y; (e) retaliation against F BI agents seeking to repo rt crim inalactivities of CIApersonnel;and (f) other mattersinflictingharm upo n national intere sts.

No one ever denied the validity of my charges. Nor would they be in a position tohave done so. Initially, when the corruption was related primarily to the FAA, somemembersof Congress admittedthe gravity of what I charged. Somerefusedto act on theexcuse that these matters were not in their area of responsibilities. (Tell thatto thefamiliesof the 3,000 dead on 9/11!) The matters w e r e in their areas of responsibilities.They also had the option of requesting the General AccountingOffice (GAO), thecongressional investigative body,to receivem y evidence. They alsohad a responsibilityunderthe federalcrime reporting statuteto receivem y evidenceof federalcrimes.

The "Butterfly Effect"Ironically, if any of the recipients of these charges had acted when this information

was presented to them, it is very probable that the corruption within the government'saviation safety offices (and elsewhere) could have been haltedand the conditionsenabling hijackers to seize airliners for the past 50 years corrected. It is the "butterflyeffect" o f these covered up areas o f misconduct that continueto underminethe UnitedStates in m any areas, including pro tection against terro rist attacks.

Initial Actions to Report Corrup tion in FAA: Acting As Independen t ProsecutorMy initial attem pts to report and force correction of the misconduct resulting in a

series o f preve ntable airline crashes occurre d while I was an aviation safety agent. Iexercised remediesin law that permittedme to act as an independent counsel. For six

Declarationo f Apri l 12 ,2004, relatingto corruptionenabling terro rist actso f 9/11

6/11

monthsI conductedhearings,obtained testimony and documents, and in a 4000-pagehearing record provedthe existenceof deep-seated corruption withinthe FAA (and atUnitedAirlines) relatedto acontinuing seriesof fatal airline crashes.

Possiblybecause of the gravity of the scandal and the many related deaths, the FAAAdministrator'soffice and FAA lawyers covered up the evidence.

The continuedcoverupof these corruptactivities caused me to resign from the FAAin a letter refusing to work under such corrupt conditions. The deep-seated culture andresultingairline tragedies increasedin severity thereafter.I then supported myselfbyinvestingin real estate,an endeavor that eventually increasedm y assets to $10 million,and wouldfund subsequent activities to expose the corruption in governm entoffices.

Using Federal C riminal Statutes and the Jud icial ProcessThe continuing preventable airline disasters causedme to use twofederal statutesto

circumventthe coverups: Titles 18 U.S.C. 4 and 28 U.S.C. 1361:Title 18 U.S.C. 4 . Misprision of felony. Whoever,having knowledgeof the actualcommissionof a felony cognizableby a court of th e United States, concealsan d doesnot as soon as possible make knownth e same to some judge or other person in civilor military authorityunder the United States, shall be fined under this title orimprisoned notmore thanthreeyears, or both.

Title 28 U.S.C. 1361 givesan ycitizenthe rightto seek a court order requiringa federalofficial to performhis legal duty(in this instance, his aviation safety duties)and to halthis or herunlawfulconduct.Title 28 U.S.C. 1361.Actionto compel an o f f i c e rof the United States to perform his

duty. The district courts shallhave originaljurisdiction of any action in the nature ofmandamus to compel an o f f i c e ror employeeof th e UnitedStates or any agency thereofto perform a duty owedto the plaintiff.

The first of several federalfilings occurred in the late 1970s and early 1980s. Federaldistrict and appellatejudges admittedthe seriousnessof my charges, but upon motion byJustice Department lawyers, the judges dismissed thefilings before I could provideevidence. These dismissals,by obstructing justice, causedthe corruption an d relatedcrashes to continue.7 In thecase of amulti-district litigationin LosAngeles involvingthecrash of a DC-10 associated withFAA misconduct,the chief plaintiff counsel approvedm y filingof theamicus brief.

Circumv enting the Coverups Through Publicity

Seeking to circumvent the vast coverups,I sought to provide informationto thepublic and generate outrage and responsible reaction. I published thefirst of severaleditions ofUnfriendly Skiesin 1978,and started appearing as guestand expert on the firstof over 3,000 radioand television shows.As a result of these activities, many othergovernmentagents contactedm e over a period of years, providingm e informationanddocum entation on areas of corruption in governm entoffices that they had discovered. Idetail so me of these areas of co rruption in subsequent print and e-books.

Continuation of Earlier Judicial Obstruction of JusticeIn 1986, based upon the additional information of corruption in governmentoffices

that I and other former and present government agents had discovered, I again exercisedmy responsibilities to report thefederal crimes under thefederal crime reporting statute.Federal judges repeatedly refusedto receive th e information that they were requiredtoreceive as part of their administrative duties under the clear wording of Title18 U.S.C. 4. Justice D epartm ent lawyers blo cked everyeffort to make these reports.

Federal judges11 combined theirobstruction of justice with terminatingmy civilrights. They started issuingunlawfuland unconstitutional orders permanently barringm eaccess to the federal district an d appellate courts. These orders continuein force at thistime and arebeing repeatedlyenforcedby federaljudges, especiallyin theNinth Circuitand Washington, B.C. districtan d appellate courts.

Felony R etaliation for Reporting Crim inal and Subversive ActivitiesAs information and evidence of additional criminal activities continued to be

discovered, I again exercised my responsibilities underthe federal criminalstatutes toreport the criminal activities to afederal judge. Federal judges and Justice Department

Declarationof Apri l 12, 2004, relatingto corruption enabling terrorist actsof 9/11

7/11

prosecutorsthen expanded their deadly obstruction of justicetactics by charging me withcriminalcontemptof courtfo r filing papers in the federal courts. They chargedthat thepriorjudicial orders permanently barredme from filing any papers in the federal courtsand my attemptto reportthe federal crimes were therefore criminal contemptof court.From 1986 to 1995, I was constantly under either literalhouse arrest or imprisoned forattemptingto report criminal activities under18 U.S.C. 4.

Ironically,at the age of 67, amulti-millionaire, usingmy assets to halt these deadlyactivities, federal judges and Justice Department prosecutors prosecuted me, andsentencedme to federal prison for six months, which included two months in solitaryconfinement.While in prison,federaljudges issued unlawful and unconstitutional ordersseizing and liquidating the $10 m illion inassets that fundedmy exposureactivities. Theseretaliatoryacts were criminaloffenses.12 When I filed objectionsto the seizure andliquidation,federal judge Edward Jellen charged me withcriminal contempt of court, andagain sentenced me to federal prison.

There is some irony in thefact that a forme r federalagent, who sought to report andhalt the conditions that enabledthe deaths of 3,000 peopleon 9/11, would suffer suchmassive personal and financial retaliation.

Latest Obstruction-of-Justice--Prjor to September 11,2001by Federal JudgesMy last attemp t, priorto 9/11,to reportthe corruptactivities was alawsuit filed in the

U.S. district co urt at Re no, Nevada. Several issues w ere raised in that lawsuit, all of whichwere associated with the judicial actions to block my rep orts. They included (a) the attemp tto report the criminal activities under 18 U.S.C. 4; (b) the attempt to have ruledunconstitutional the orders permanently depriving me the right toaccess the cou rts and thetermination of m y civil and constitutional rights; and (c) the attempt to have ruled invalid thejudicial seizure and liquidation o f the $10 million in assets thatfundedmy exposure of thecriminal activities, and peripheral defenses.

Continuingthe judicial obstruction of justice, thefederaljudge acting on that legalfiling, blocked the reporting of the criminal activities, and blocked my other causes ofactions related to the o bstructionof justice.

I then filed an appeal w ith the Ninth C ircuit court ofappealswherethe obstruction ofjustice had commenced in the late 1970s and continues to this day. Ninth Circuit appellatejudges15 ruled that the prior injunctions permanently barred mefrom filing papers in thedistrictand appellate co urts, including the mandatory requirements to report fede ral crimes

to a federaljudg e, the right todefendmyself,including the right to file appeals. That rulingwas made after the 3,000 deaths occurred on 9-11.Con tinuing Post 9/11 Judic ial Obstruction of JusticeI submitted to the U.S. district court for the So uthern District of New York, on Au gust 8,

2002,a filing1 underthe federalcrime repo rting statute, seekingto reportthe criminalactivities that I charged constituted the primary blame for the conditions to exist thatenabledhijackersto seizefour airliners on9/11.By law, those pape rsmust be filedupo n receipt ifthey are in pro per order and the filing fee paid, which did exist.

The federalcrime repo rting statute and the gravity of the c harges by a form ergovernment agent and witness dem anded thatfederaljudges promptly receive theinformation.Federal law even requires that the charges stated in federal filings be acceptedas true 7 at that stage of the p leadings.

In violationof federalcriminaland civildu e process law,the papers were blockedfrombeingfiled. NotuntilI wrote lettersto theJusticesof theU.S. Supreme Court complainingabout thematter thatthe complaintwas finally filed:13 monthsafter being received.

Dismissing the Com plaint Simultaneous With Its Delayed FilingCompounding these irregularities, Chief JudgeMukaseysimultaneouslyfiled a five-

page su a sponte dismissalorderthatrequired weeks topreparewiththe delayed filing ofthe papers seekingto reportthe corrup tion relatedto theeventsof 9/11.His dismissal orderaddressed (and misstated) charges statedin theCom plaint thathad not yetbeen madea partof the judicial reco rd because o f the 13-month delay in filing!

The refusalto file the papers (a) violated federal rules for filing such papers; (b) blockedthe re po rting of criminal activities to afederaljud ge that had already played a key ro le in the

Declarationof April 12 ,2004, relatingto corruptionenablingterror ist actsof 9/11

8/11

terrorist hijackings of 9/11; (c) delayed and prevented corrective actions to be taken,enabling a continuation of the prior catastrophic consequences; (d) obstructedjustice; (e)prevented the relatives of the 3,000 victims of 9/11 to have the guilty punished for theirwrongful conduct and prevented themfrom discovering the primary blame responsiblefortheir grief; (f) continued in effect the years of corruption, the cover-ups, the obstruction ofjustice, and the consequences thatwill surely result in further tragedies as the history of suchactivities plainly reveals.

Irregularities by Justice Department Personnel in the Court of AppealsFollowing JudgeMukasey'shighly irregular dismissal order, Ifiled a timely notice of

appeal, and in accordance w ith thebriefing schedule, filed the appellant brief by the January12, 2004, briefing date. The brief to be prepared by the U.S. attorney,and due to be filed byFebruary 12, 2004, was never filed. I then filed a declaration of filing irregularities and amotion to order that the U.S. attorney file the brief and for sanctions.

The failure of the U.S. attorney to file the brief was"understandable." After chargingMartha Stewart w ith obstruction of justice and conspiracy, he had to continue the pattern ofobstruction of justice and conspiracy that are documented in judicialrecordsand thatmade the events of9/11 possible, or address the corruption and the coyerups that wouldopen a literal can ofworms,the gravityof which is unparalleledin the nation's history.

Judicial Coverups in District of Colum bia: It Never EndsAn earlierpost-9/11 attempt to report the corruption related to the events of 9/11 was

made in the U.S. district court, District of Columbia, where another9/11 tragedy occurred.U.S. District Judge Henry H. Kennedy, Jr., dismissed the June12, 2002,18 filing almost assoon as it w as filed, continuing to violatefederal criminal and due process law .

Judge Kennedy sought to support the dismissaland the coverup on the argument thatformer CIA legal counsel andfederal judge Stanley Sporkin issued an order in 1991permanently barring mefrom filing any papers in thefederal courts. That 1991 order wasmade in a filing where I sought to report the criminal activities that I and m y g roup of otherformer government agents had discoveredincluding those that made 9/11 possible.

I filed a notice of appeal and paid the filingfees with the District of Columbia court ofappeals. Court of appealjudges19 dismissed the appeal on January 16, 2003, holding that Ihad been permanently barredfrom filing papers in district and appellate courts, rights w hichare guaranteed to other people, including murderers. Ineffect, they approved the obstructionof justice and termination of all due process defenses guaranteed by the laws and

Constitution of the United States.I then filed a m otion for an enbane hearing, which was denied by order dated March 26,2003. The judge s of thispowerful Washington Court of Appeals upheldSporkin's orderpermanently depriving me the due process right to federal courts, the right offederal judgesto obstruct justice, and to be protected against the consequences of their criminalacts.

Com plicity by Justices of the U.S. Supreme CourtFrom the late 1970s to the present date, the Justices of the U.S. Supreme Court had

been repeatedly advised through legal filings andcertified letters of the crimes, thenational security consequences,and the felony misconductof judges over whom theyhadsupervisory responsibilities. They alsohad a duty under the federal crime reportingstatute to receive the evidence of federal crimes thatI reported to them.

The only partiallyfavorable response was an October 28, 1991, letterfrom JusticeBryon White, whichwas a form of apology for not being able to help. He wrote, "As asingle Justice I can be of no help to you. I am returning thepetition."

My Background, Experience, and Credibility for Making These StatementsI held a key airsafety position in the Federal Aviation A dministration (FAA ). I had

been given the assignment to correct the conditions responsible for the worstseries ofairline crashes in the nation's history. During this assignment I discovered anddocumented corruptand criminal activities that causedand enabled a number of airlinedisasters to occur. These discoveriesand thestandard coverups ingovernmentcausedme to exercise the law in amanner that enabledme to act as anindependent counsel,thepurpose of which was to create a government record showing the relationship betweenthe misconduct and a series offatal airline crashes. I had been a Navy Patrol Plane

Declaration ofApril 12 ,2004, relating to corruption e nab ling terrorist actsof 9/11

9/11

Commander inWorld War II; I hadbeen an international airline captainfor many years,including considerable experience in the Middle East. I was afocal point for othergovernment agents an d insiders to provide me with insider information an ddocumentation on matters that continue toinflict great harm upon the United States, itspeople, an d national security.M y credentials are very unusual.I had been a guest an dexpert on over 3,000 radio and television shows since 1978. I have nothing to gain, andeverything to losemuch of which has alreadyoccurredfor trying to do my duty as a

citizen and former federal agent.Responsibility of Every Member of 9/11 CommissionRather than continue the standard practice of coverups through "controlled

investigations," this com mission m ust addressthe deep-seated uncorrectedproblems thatcreated the conditions enabling terrorists to seizefour airliners on September11, 2001.This includes:o Understand that thesuccessful hijackingsof four airliners by terrorists on September

11, 2001, wereprimarily aviation disasters for which the primary blame was withpeople in the government's aviation safety offices; thatthe preventative measureswere knownfor many years; that peoplein the government's aviation safetyofficeshad the authority and respon sibility to order the simple and inexpensive preventativemeasures; that they refusedto performthis mandatory dutyand obstructed others whosought to carry out the govern me nt's aviation safety responsibilities.

o Obtain testimon y and evidencefrom myself and some of the many other formergovernment agents that have provided information and evidence to me of criminaland even subversive activities.

o Understand that so-called "intelligence failures" include corruptionin certaingovernment offices.

o Understand thatthe refusal to act on known threatsis the same deep-seated culturethat I discovered whileI was in theNavy a year priorto Pearl Harbor,and is causedby man y factors, including coverupsand refusal to face facts.

o Address the documented hardcorecorruption by a large numberof federal judgesandthose who aided an d abetted them,in blocking the reports of criminal activities thatrelate not only to the events of9-11 but to other activities inflicting great harm uponnational security.Prima facie evidenceof these judicial crimes is in judicial records.If the matters detailed in this statement are not fully exposed the same deadlyconsequences affecting major national interests, including national security, willcontinue as they havefor so many years.Deadly Consequences if Obstruction of Justice ContinuesIt is my belief that this commissionis engaging in a coverup,seeking to place the

blame for the events of9/11 on the more innocent "intelligence failures" and failure toact, rather than the hardcore criminal and subversive activities of key governmentpersonnel. By this conduct the members ofthis commission have an equal, and in somecases a more prominent role,in the continuationof corrupt an d criminal activities,an dthat they will share blamefor continuation of the catastrophic consequences.

Were it not for thecomplicity of much of the media and the self-serving coverupofmuch of Congress, the mem bers of this commission w ould be at risk of exposure.

Executed this 12th day of April 2004.

Rodney F. StichFax: 925-295-1203FOB 5,Alamo, CA 94507

Declaration ofApril 12 ,2004, relating to corruption en abling terrorist actsof 9/11

10/11

1 Certifiedmail # 7002 0860 0003 95927242, dated April 12 ,2004.2 The agents and other insiders who provided m e information and docum entation on corrupt personnel

and activities in governm entoffices include those from the FBI, CIA, Customs, FAA, SecretService,DBA,and former drug traffickersan d organized crime figures.

3 The simple and easily accomplished preventative measures that would have been put into placewithin 24 hours, and which would have halted the9/11 hijackings were (a) removal of the cockpit door

keys from thecabin flight attendantswhich enabledth e terrorists to enter the cockpit; and (b) orders tocockpitflight personnel to keep the cockpit doors locked w henever passengers are on board.

4 Justice Department prosecutors charged the head of a multi-agency drug taskforce with criminallyviolatingthe civil rights of one of thesuspected drug traffickers, whichthen halted the investigations intothe drug-related mon ey operations of the Jersey City terrorists, and sent themessage to other governmentagents to ignore the threat; the drug smuggling of CIA personnel; the unlawful arming ofIraq during the1980s; an d many otheroffensesthat contributedto great harm upon nationalinterests.

5 In those earlier days airline crashes were occurring every few m onths.6 Stick v. United States, et al, 554 F.2d 1070 (9th Cir.) (table), cert, denied, 434 U.S. 920

(1977)(addressed hard-core air safety misconduct, violations of federal air safety laws, threats againstgovernmentinspectors not to reportsafety violations and m isconduct);Stick v. National TransportationSafety Board, 685 F.2d 446 (9thCir.)(table),cert, denied,459 U.S. 861(1982))(addressedrepeatedcriminalfalsification of official airline accident reports, omitting highly sensitive air safety misconduct, makingpossible repeated crashes

from thesame sequestered problems);

Amicuscuriaebrief filed

onJuly

in the Paris D C-10 multi-distric t litigation,Flanagan v. McDonnell Douglas Corporationan d United Statesof America, Civil Action 74-808-PH,M DL 172, Central District California.)(addressingthe long standingFA A miscond uct, of whic h the cover-up of the DC -10 cargo door problem was one of repeated instances oftragedy related misconduct); U.S. v. Department of Justice, District of Columbia, Nos.86-2523, 87-2214,and other actions filed by Stich seeking to expose and correct the powerful and covert air disastermisconduct.

7 The frequency of airline crashes today are far less frequent than when I was given the assignment tocorrect the problems. However, this reduction in the number of crashes is due more to on-ground andin-aircraft safeguards. The basic problems in the most critical area of thegovernment's aviation safetyofficesstill exists, being why the obvious, simple, and inexpensive preventative measures were not taken asrequiredby law.

8 These included agentsfrom theU.S. Departmentof Justice, includingth e FBI; Central IntelligenceAgency , Drug Enforcem ent Agency, Federal Aviation Adm inistration, and other federal and state agencies.

9 Among the dozens of courageous present and former governmentagents who contacted me duringthe past 18 years have been agentsof the FBI, CIA, DBA, Customs, INS and other federaland stateagencies.The informationan d docum entation that they have providedme shows thatthe secondaryblamefor the success of the19 hijacke rs was far mor e than an intelligence failure in certain governme nt agencies.Rather, a level of corruption that remainsunaddressedand which will remain until there is afull-blowninvestigation (which will never occur). However,the informationI acquired shows a degree of criminalityan d subversive misconduct implicating peoplein keygovernment positions.

10 1 also wrote num erous not-for-profit informational books and appeared as guest andexpert on over3,000 radio and television shows since 1978. The books include one or more e ditions ofUnfriendly Skies;Defrauding America; Drugging Am erica; Blowback,9/11, Lies,an d Coverups; Terrorism Against America.

11 Am ong many fed eral judge s participating in the series of orders obstructing thereportingof thesecrimeswere M arilynPatel, Milton Schwartz, Levi, Stanley Sporkin,

12 Inflicting harm againstformer federalagents and witnessesare felonies under Title18 U.S.C. 1510.

(a) Whoeverwillfully endeavorsby means of bribery, misrepresentation, intimidation,or force or threatsthereof to obstruct, delay, or prevent the communication of information relatingto a violation of anycriminal statute of the United States by any person to a criminal investigator; or Whoever injures anyperson in his person or property on account of giving by such person or by any other person of any suchinformationto any criminalinvestigator-Shall be fined notmore than$5,000 or imprisonedno t more thanfive years, or both."

18 U.S.C. 1512.Tampering with a witness,victim, or an informant.(b ) Whoever knowingly uses intimidationor physicalforce, threatens,or corruptly persuades another

person, or attempts to do so, or engages in misleading conduct toward another person, w ith intentto-

Declarationof April 12,2004, relatingto corruptionenablingterrorist actsof 9/11

11/11

(3 ) hinder,delay, or prevent the communication to a law enforcementofficer or judge of the UnitedStates of information relating to the com mission or possible commission of aFederal offense ... shall befined under this title or imprisoned no t more than ten years, or both.

(c) Whoever intentionally harasses another person and thereby hinders, delays, prevents, or dissuadesan y person from-(2) reporting to a law enforcementofficer or judge of the Un ited States the comm ission orpossiblecommissionof a Federaloffense ....

18 U.S.C. 1513. Retaliating against a witness, victim, or an informant.(b) Whoever knowingly engages in any conduct and thereby causes bodily in jury to another

person or damages the tangible property of another person, or threatens to do so, with intent toretaliate against any person for - (2) any information relating to the commission or possiblecommission of a Federal offense.

13 Reno, Nevada, Nr.CV-N-OO-0152-ECR-PHA.March 24, 2000.14 U.S. District Judge Ho wardC. Reed, Jr.15 Nin th Circuit appellate judges James R. Brown ing, An drewKleinfeld,Ronald Gould. Order dated

April 12 , 2002.16 U.S. district court,# 03 CV740517 Federal courts mus t acceptas true the allegationsin the complaintan d supporting affidavitsas true.

(See, e.g.,Gardener v. Toilet Goo ds Assn.,387 U .S. 167, 172 (1967). If plaintiff s allegations state a claimfor which federal courtsca n grant relief, th e court must accept jurisdiction.The United States Supreme

Court stated in Dennis v. Sparks,44 9 U.S. 24 (1980).Also, FRCivP 8(d)states: "Effectof Failure to Deny.Averments in a pleadingto which a responsive pleadingis required,are admitted w hennot denied in theresponsivepleading."

18 U.S. district co urt, District of C olumbia, Nr.02cv01172,filed Jun e12,2002.19 District of Columbia appellate judges DouglasGinsburg, David Sentelle,and A. Raymond

Randolph.20 Denialfor en banehearingwas madeby judges Douglas Ginsburg, Harry Edwards, David Sentelle,

Karen Hen derson, Harry Randolph, Judith Rogers, D avidTatel, an d MerrickGarland.21 Prior to my experience in the government's aviation safetyoffices, I had been a Navy patrol plane

commanderdurin g World War II, and an international airline captain.

Declaration of April 12 , 2004, relating to corruption enabling terrorist acts of 9/11 10