tesla motors the car of tomorrow by: rachel politi & linda yang
Post on 23-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- TESLA MOTORS The car of tomorrow By: Rachel Politi & Linda Yang
- Slide 2
- The Idea There are dozens of eco-friendly cars and dozens of luxury vehicles in the market today, however, Tesla has is the first to combine the two. Tesla utilizes both the luxury market and green market in the car market, by providing the worlds first luxury electric car. Its eco-friendly capacities and sharp aesthetics attract many sectors of the car-buying market. Tesla also provides the electric powertrain equipment, such as the Tesla Supercharger Station and their backup batteries.
- Slide 3
- http://www.autoevolution.com/image/tesla-motors-model-s-2012/45345.html What the Experts Are Saying : Naturally, Tesla is the icon of this industry. It is not only an awesome electric car, but is also widely considered the best car ever mass manufactured (by auto journalists and gearheads). Its manufacturing was just starting to ramp up, things were going well for the company, and it looked like 10 years or so of investment were indeed going to pay off. - Zachary Shahan Site Director, Blogger at Important Media. Attended UNCChapel HillZachary Shahan
- Slide 4
- CEO : Elon Musk Elon Musk is the owner and CEO of Telsa Motors. Prior to Tesla, Musk invented PayPal, Zip2 and was the CEO/CTO of SpaceX (Space Exploration Technologies). He has a Physics degree from U-Penn and a business degree from Wharton. He created Tesla Motors, because he has always been focused on creating products that are environmentally friendly while also being cutting edge in the technological world.
- Slide 5
- The Product Models : Model S- The poster-child of the Tesla Motors Company: premium electric sedan. The model Ss electric powertrain delivers instantaneous acceleration allowing it to accelerate to 60 miles per hour in 5.4 seconds (Model S). the combination of a long wheelbase, stiff structure, and compliant tune of the air-spring suspension makes for a gentle, cosseting ride. Teslas most popular model, Model S, is the worlds first premium sedan to be engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle. Model S was named Motor Trends prestigious 2013 Car of the Year, achieved the best safety score of any car ever tested by the NHTSA, and Consumer Reports is calling it the best car it has ever tested Model X:-The high-end/luxury version of an SUV. The design of the model x blends the functionality and benefits of a minivan and the fuel efficiency of a fully electric car (Model X). The vehicles unique falcon wing doors allow easy accessibility to the interior while maintaining a sleek design. In this growing "green" society, more and more people are wanting to cut the exertion of fossil fuels into the atmosphere by driving fuel efficient cars. Tesla exceeds the fuel efficient standard by having a powerful electric engine that limits the amount of energy lost to heat and friction.
- Slide 6
- Tesla Model X Tesla Model S Photo source: Photo source: http://www.teslamotors.c om/
- Slide 7
- Competition Nissan Leaf : Tesla is both an electric AND Luxury Car, as where Nissan Leaf only satisfies those looking for a electric car. Leaf does not offer heated seats or advanced heating systems for the winter. The Tesla battery also last much longer. The Tesla is also much larger, so it can accommodate families and groups of bigger sizes. BMW i3 : Tesla is a much more conventional car, as the BMW has been described as narrow and small. The BMW i3 and Tesla both appeal to the luxury crowd, and in that case, the Tesla provides far better computer systems and luxury additions than the BMW i3. The Tesla also provides a 265 mile range, as where the BMW only provides a 180 mile range. Additionally, the top speed of the BMW is only 93 mph.
- Slide 8
- The Results : Exponential Rise in Stock Edgar Online
- Slide 9
- Financial Stats : PE Ratio : 51. 66 Volume : growing from 1,800,000 Current Stock Price : 197.00 Estimated that stock will rise to : 227.42 Earnings this quarter : 45.9 Million 3x higher previous quarter Revenue jumped 26% Bloomberg
- Slide 10
- Recent Statistical Analysis Some highlights according to thestreet.com Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share by 108% The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.91, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.33, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.(thestreet) The company's current return on equity (net income) greatly increased when compared to its ROE (return on Equity)from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation.
- Slide 11
- USA Built in the USA : California http://www.leftlanenews.com/ceo-tesla-could-build-pickup-truck-in-texas.html
- Slide 12
- www.macleans.ca TESLA You should invest in Tesla because: 1)The company is a smart, well founded, and strongly lead enterprise that sells innovative and cutting edge products that will always be popular 2)The company knows how to capitalize off modern trends, because their staff and leadership are among the smartest entrepreneurs in the world 3)While, their stock is not at bargain price, due to their growing success and conventionality, we believe their success has much more room to grow as they are creating new products that appeal to a greater mass, and as their popularity grows, their price will most likely fall, which allows more people to be able to afford their company. Similarly, as their number of charging stations increases, there will be fewer obstacles drivers of this new car will have to overcome.
- Slide 13
- http://www.zgeek.com/first-tesla-electric-sedans-hit-the-road/ Over the past several years, there has been a search for alternative fuel and greener forms of transportation. We feel that Tesla has utilized this market to its full potential, as they are the only car on the market of its type (fully electric car) Future Landscape of Success
- Slide 14
- The Future Tesla looks to expand their number of models to vehicles such as the first every electric pick-up truck. http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/tesla-pickup-truck-elon-musk-goes-ford-f-150/ In future years, Tesla is planning on building a large scale factory that will provide battery cells for its vehicles. The factory will allow them to achieve economies of scale and minimize costs through innovative manufacturing and optimizing production process. The new factory (The Gigafactory) will be designed to produce lithium ion batters faster which in result, reduce cell cost for its future electric vehicles. Tesla is a growing factory and will build an even larger consumer group once the Gigafactories are built (Six).
- Slide 15
- They also look to increase the number of their Supercharger stations nationwide. https://gotentrepreneurs.com/project/tesla-motors/
- Slide 16
- Slide 17
- COMING SOON
- Slide 18
- END OF 2014
- Slide 19
- END OF 2015
- Slide 20
- What We Think In this growing "green" society, more and more people are wanting to cut the exertion of fossil fuels into the atmosphere by driving fuel efficient cars. Tesla exceeds the fuel efficient standard by having a powerful electric engine that limits the amount of energy lost to heat and friction. In the car industry, Tesla vehicles are the only cars that are completely electric. Because of this, there are no car companies that can compete with the fully electric range of Tesla vehicles. There is a growing demand for fuel efficient technology and the tesla is at the forefront.
- Slide 21
- Bibliography "BMW i3 VS. Tesla Model S: The Ultimate Comparison." The Street. Accessed April 16, 2014. http://www.thestreet.com/story/11994175/3/bmw-i3-vs-tesla-model-s-the-ultimate-comparison.html. "Elon Musk." Wordpress. Accessed April 16, 2014. http://elonmusk.com/. "Features and Specs." Tesla motors. Accessed April 16, 2014. http://www.teslamotors.com/models/features#/performance. "From Nissan Leaf to Tesla Model S: The Big Electric-Car Jump Page 2." Green Car Reports. Accessed April 16, 2014. http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1087877_from-nissan-leaf-to-tesla-model-s-the-big-electric-car-jump/page- 2. "Six Questions regarding Tesla's GigaFactory." Forbes. Accessed April 16, 2014. http://www.forbes.com/sites/pikeresearch/2014/02/27/six-questions-regarding-teslas-gigafactory/. "Tesla." Yahoo Finance. Accessed April 16, 2014. http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=TSLA. "Tesla Shares Soar 10%." CNN Money. Accessed April 16, 2014. http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/19/autos/tesla- earnings/. "Tesla's Insane Stock Surge- Why and Why People Are Still Investing in Tesla Stock." Clean Technica. Accessed April 16, 2014. http://cleantechnica.com/2013/10/01/tesla-stock-surge-why-invest-in-tesla/.
View more >