the archaeological complex bumbesti-jiu -the roman strongholds â€“ by : cherciu...
out of 10
Post on 17-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- The archaeological complex Bumbesti-Jiu -The Roman Strongholds By : Cherciu Nicoleta & Ploscaru Elena
- Slide 2
- Gorj represents a territory with a great historical significance, dating for about 1,500,000 years, an historical fact proved by the discoveries from the aera. Because of significant richness of the soil and subsoil, And strategic position our ancestors Geto-Dacian considered this region the perfect location to establish.
- Slide 3
- In Gorj we can find the archaeological complex Bumbesti-Jiu considered an incontestable proof of the presence, cleverness and skills of the Geto-Dacian. In the archaeological complex Bumbesti-Jiu we can find the roman stronghold (castrul roman) from Bumbesti- Jiu. This is a part from the line of the roman strongholds (castre romane) from the foot of mountain chain Carpati.
- Slide 4
- The roman strongholds (castre romane) have the role to protect the inhabitants of mountain areas, which were many more than in other regions because of the roman conquests. The second purpose was to defend the road to Sarmisegetuza the Dacian capital.
- Slide 5
- The roman stronghold Bumbesti-Jiu is located near passage Valcan ( this is a very old way of crossing from Oltenia to Transilvania ) on the left side of the river Jiu. It was built during emperor Traian and rebuilt in the year 201 from stone by Sever Septimiu Emperor Caracalla and Antony. The archaeologists discovered near the stronghold (castru roman) dacian pots which attest that near was a dacian community.
- Slide 6
- Near is located roman stronghold (castrul roman ) Vartop,that wasnt used anymore after the roman stronghold Bumbesti-Jiu was built.Roman stronghold Vartop has been built between the two wars of conquest of Dacia by the Romans between 101-102, 105-106 having the same purpose of the one from Bumbesti-Jiu. Because of the diggings that were made in that area by the archaeologists were founded traces of ceramic, a top spearhead, piroane iron and three coins from dry II e.n. Because of the diggings that were made in that area by the archaeologists were founded traces of ceramic, a top spearhead, piroane iron and three coins from dry II e.n.
- Slide 7
- Slide 8
- In this region we can find also in the area Porceni a place in the past called "the castle" that has not yet been certified as a Roman camp there is the possibility to be an Austrian stronghold. These archeological discoveries prove that the Romanian people is composed of a mixture of Dacians and Romans people.
- Slide 9
- Another important thing that the histories say is that the Dacian god,Zalmoxis lived in this area in the Polovragi cave for about three years.All this things make from the archaeological complex Bumbesti-Jiu a very important historical place for Romania.
- Slide 10
- Bibliography - The book Mestesugurile la Geto-Daci by Rodica Tantau for the pictures. - And for general informations we used the internet.