the cars of transformers: then & now
out of 11
Post on 10-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONBuckle up. The fourth Transformers film, “Transformers: Age of Extinction,” promises 157 minutes of sexy cars and intense action. It takes place four years after the film’s prequel, “Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon,” and is the first film since the original to feature an entirely new cast of human characters. Also new to the series are the Transformers known as Dinobots, bringing with them a new set of Transformer characters. Of course, many of the original Transformers are returning, including Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Brains and Ratchet. Along with the new human and Transformer characters comes an onslaught of new vehicles. In 2007, director Michael Bay was lucky to get permission to use almost any car in the film; now, carmakers are lucky to have their cars turned into Transformers. This infographic shows the vehicles used in the 2007 film and then compares them with those selected for Transformers: Age of Extinction. Some, like the 2007 Pontiac Solstice used in the first film, are relatively humble; this car weighed in at $26,515 while one of the new vehicles used in Age of Extinction, the Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse, would set you back a cool $2,500,000. You might need a car loan for that one.
- THE CARS OF TRANSFORMERS then & now
- FINDTHETWITTERICON: SHARE THE KNOWLEDGE
- Whenthe2007Transformerslmcameouttheyhadtobegcarmakerstoletthemusethecarsin themovie,andnowcarmakersarebeggingtogetin.AccordingtofranchisedirectorMichaelBay, Thersttime,Ihadtobegforvehicles,hesays.Butnow, Iamnotkiddingyou,everycarcompanysays,Wewillyout anycartoshowyousoitcanbeinthemovie.Withonecatch, headds:Aslongasitsoneofthegoodguys. Viewsomedifferencesbetweenthecarsused intherstlmcomparedtothenewest.
- optimus primepeterbilt 379 $133,000 48,000 lbs 600 hp western star custom truck $159,900 69,000 lbs 600 hp Transformers Transformers: age of extinction (2014) (2007) View The Full INfographic
- bumblebee 2009 Chevrolet Camaro Replica $30,998 3,859 lbs 426 hp 0-60: 4.6 seconds 2014 Concept Camaro $55,355 4,120 lbs 580 hp 0-60: 4.1 seconds Transformers Transformers: age of extinction (2014) (2007) View The Full INfographic
- jazz 2007 Pontiac Solstice $26,515 3,031 lbs 260 hp 0-60: 5.6 seconds Transformers (2007) View The Full INfographic
- drift Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse $2,500,000 1,200 hp 0-60: 2.6 seconds Transformers: age of extinction (2014) View The Full INfographic
- Sideswipe 2009 Concept Corvette Price n/a (concept) 3,275 lbs 375 hp 0-60: 4.3 seconds Transformers: revenge of the fallen (2009) View The Full INfographic
- crosshairs 2014 Stingray $53,000 3,444 lbs 450 hp 0-60: 4.1 seconds Transformers: age of extinction (2014) View The Full INfographic
- Broughttoyouby http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/05/24/transformers-age-of-extinction-michael-bay-cars/ http://www.kbb.com/ http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro-performance-cars.html http://www.cars.com/pontiac/solstice/2007/ http://www.forbes.com/pictures/ellm45ehde/bugatti-veyron-16-4-grand-sport-vitesse/ http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette-stingray.html http://www.truckhunter.com/results.aspx?&make=western%20star http://www.commercialtrucktrader.com/Peterbilt-379-For-Sale/search-results?make=Peterbilt%7C2313546&model=379%7C764868253
View more >