the gender gap of athletes
out of 23
Post on 07-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 1. THE GENDER GAP
- 2. Why do companies prefer endorsing male athletes over female athletes and what are the influencing factors?
- 3. 776 BC 1897 First Olympic Games Greece Modern Olympics Athens Olympics Games Paris 1900 1905 First Male Athlete Endorsement 1930 First Female Athlete Endorsement 1972Title IX 2007 Wimbledon Sets Equal Prize Money 2012 London Olympics change rules of representation 2014 First Female Ski Jumper
- 4. What is the significance of these factors?
- 5. Female athletes are broadcasted less than male athletes Less people can watch female sport Creating less fans No intererest from companies to endorse female athletes without fans/endorsements are uninteresting to broadcast
- 6. Why does this matter? Ethics &Win-Win Situation
- 7. GROWTH MARKET =2X (CHINA + INDIA)
- 8. 40% of season tickets are purchased by women
- 9. women make up. 36% Twitter followers 43% Facebook followers
- 10. Companies Endorse Female Athletes Satisfying an Unsatisfied Target Market Demand to Purchase Endorsed Products Creating More Fans Female Athletes Gain Recognition TheWin-Win Cycle
View more >