the operating model that is eating the world
out of 14
Post on 11-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONToday's fastest-growing, most profoundly impactful companies are using a completely different operating model. We refer to this model as The Responsive Operating System, and we think it'll change the world.
- THE OPERATING MODEL THAT IS EATING THE WORLD
- TODAYS DOMINANT VIDEO SERVICE IS A DIGITAL COMPANY. GOOGLE SEARCHES OVER TIME NETFLIX BLOCKBUSTER 2004 2013
- TODAYS DOMINANT MUSIC SERVICE IS A DIGITAL COMPANY. GOOGLE SEARCHES OVER TIME ITUNES TOWER RECORDS 2004 2013
- TOP PERFORMING AUTO STOCK? DIGITAL COMPANY.
- DIRECT MARKETING, GAMING, RECRUITING, TELECOM, AND RETAIL? ! DIGITAL COMPANIES.
- TODAYS FASTEST GROWING, MOST PROFOUNDLY IMPACTFUL COMPANIES ARE USING A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT OPERATING MODEL
- THE RESPONSIVE OPERATING SYSTEM VISIONARY A new value set. VS. COMMERCIAL LEAN EMERGENT VS. LARGE VS. CONTROLLED OPEN VS. CLOSED Expressed across multiple dimensions of an organization. PURPOSE LEARNING VS. SUSTAINING PROCESS PEOPLE PRODUCT PLATFORM
- VISIONARY vs. COMMERCIAL ! ! Responsive companies approach their work with a long-term, ambitious view to everything from employee experience, to market position, to impact.
- LEAN vs. LARGE ! ! Responsive companies have a bias toward simplicity and leanness, in service of speed, understanding, and resourcefulness.
- LEARNING vs. SUSTAINING ! ! Responsive companies focus on learning and improvement as their primary driver in operations and innovation, as opposed to preserving/protecting status quo.
- EMERGENT vs. CONTROLLED ! ! Responsive companies accept the idea that things should be uid, that they should serve the business based on circumstance, and that what works will shape/reveal itself.
- OPEN vs. CLOSED ! ! Responsive companies favor highly networked conguration resulting in increased transparency and information ow, for both internal and external audiences, partners, and communities.
- ADVENTURES IN OS TRANSFORMATION
View more >