The revolution has been cancelled: the current state of UK Open Access
out of 22
Post on 17-Aug-2014
DESCRIPTIONOpening Keynote presentation by Yvonne Budden, University of Warwick, at Repository Fringe 2014.
- Grigori Goldstein (1870-1941) (1920) Lenin speaking at an assemble of Red Army troops Sverdlov Square, Moscow, on 5 May 1920 Public Domain Image The revolution has been cancelled: the current state of UK Open Access
- For their part, publishers tend to assume that OA advocates are freeloaders or - as ACSs Rudy Baum appeared to imply in 2004 - dangerous socialists. - Richard Poynder (2014) Poynder, R. (2014) Richard Poynder on the state of open access: Where are we? What still needs to be done? - http://poynder.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/the-state-of- open-access.html
- Revolution, n. An alteration, a change; esp. a dramatic or wide-reaching change in conditions, the state of affairs, etc.
- In the beginning
- connecting you with information, support and your community Disruptive technology
- A peoples revolution?
- Difficult definitions
- Revolution, n. Cyclical recurrence, esp. of a point or period of time; the passing or duration of a (usu. recurring) period of time (as a year, a season, etc.). by revolution, with the passing of time; in due course.
- Attitudes to OA
- Attitudes to OA - Warwick in favour of OA principles79.4% have made work open access Of those 67.1% used WRAP70.8% believe copyright of articles should remain with the author70.4% keep a copy of the AAM93.5% are happy with CC-BY licenses for their work48.6%
- Attitudes to the RCUK policy - Warwick 20% 23% 13% 10% 16% 13% 5% Strongly in favour Mildly in favour Neutral Mildly against Strongly against Don't know Not applicable
- Attitudes to the HEFCE policy - Warwick 16% 26% 14% 10% 12% 19% 3% Strongly in favour Mildly in favour Neutral Mildly against Strongly against Don't know Not applicable
- Carrots and sticks
- Issue of ownership http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:FACT_taxi.jpg
- Five year plan
- Swan, A and Houghton, J (2012) Going for Gold? The costs and benefits of Gold Open Access for UK research institutions: further economic modelling. Report to the UK Open Access Implementation Group. http://repository.jisc.ac.uk/610/ Released under the CC-BY 3.0 license - http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/) -1,000,000 -500,000 0 500,000 1,000,000 1,500,000 2,000,000 Worldwide Gold OA Worldwide Green OA Unilateral Gold OA Unilateral Green OA GBPperannum Worldwide adoption of Open Access Unilateral adoption of Open Access
- Free markets?
- Revolution, n. Overthrow of an established government or social order by those previously subject to it; forcible substitution of a new form of government. In early use also: rebellion.
- All change?
- Which hat?
- The future of scholarly communications is
- connecting you with information, support and your community Thanks for listening! The revolution has been cancelled: the current state of UK Open Access Repository Fringe 2014, University of Edinburgh Informatics Forum, 30th July 2014 Yvonne Budden - Academic Support Manager (Research) and Chair (UKCoRR) firstname.lastname@example.org +44 2476 151275
View more >
Open Access Inhibition of Inflammatory Cytokine Secretion ... ?· Inula viscosa (Compositae) has been…
construction business from the fertilisers and ?· project that has stalled or been cancelled in the…
Has the green revolution been sustained? The quantitative impact of the seed-fertilizer revolution in Pakistan revisited
Procedure for Distribution Open Access - Tata Power TATA POWER COMPANY LTD. Procedure for Distribution Open Access June, 2016 The Distribution Open Access Procedure has been made as per the requirements of the MERC
OPEN ACCESS Journal - ?· OPEN ACCESS Journal Of Modern Engineering Research ... has researched on the…
Has the implementation of the current pre-operative fasting guidelines (uk giftasup) been successful? An audit of current practice