the royal wedding - power point presentation
Post on 09-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONPrince William, Catherine (Kate) Middleton, The Royal Wedding, teaching materials
- 1.The Royal Wedding
2. On Friday 29th of April 2011 at Westminster Abbey in London
3. HRH Prince William of Wales will marry
4. Catherine (Kate) Middleton
5. William Arthur Philip Louis was born on June 21st 1982 at St Marys Hospital, Paddington, London.
6. He is the elder son of heir-to-the-throne Prince Charles and the late Diana Princess of Wales.
7. William is 3 years older than his brother Harry. They have always been very close
8. In 1997 when William was 15, his mother Diana was killed in a car crash in Paris.
9. William and Harry walked behind their mothers coffin at her funeral procession in London
10. They both miss their mother very much
11. William and Kate met in 2001 at St Andrews University in Scotland where they both studied History of Art.
12. William joined the army in 2006 and graduated as a helicopter pilot in 2010
13. William and Kate broke up in 2007, but they soon got back together
14. The couple became engaged in October 2010 while on holiday in Kenya. This was announced on 16th November
15. 28 year old William proposed to Kate with a ring that belonged to his mother
16. The engagement ring has an oval 18 carat blue sapphire, surrounded by 14 small diamonds. It cost 28,000 GBP (298,728.23 CNY) in 1981
17. William is part of the Royal family. His grand parents are Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip
18. They have four children: Charles, Anne, Andrew and Edward who are Williams Aunt and Uncles
19. When Queen Elizabeth dies, Williams Dad Prince Charles will become King
20. When King Charles dies, William will become King
21. Kates father Michael worked as an airline pilot and her mother Carol as a flight stewardess before setting up a mail order business
22. Kate is the eldest of three children. She has a younger sister Philippa and brother James
23. 1,900 guest have been invited to the wedding including royals, politicians, family, friends and celebrities. Who do you think will be invited?
24. What type of honeymoon destination do you think William and Kate will choose?