the ultimate pre launch strategy for linkedin
out of 18
Post on 23-Jan-2018
Embed Size (px)
- 1. WORLDS LEADING LINKEDIN TRAINING COMPANY The Ultimate Pre Launch Strategy Through LinkedIn
- 2. INTRODUCTION Are you about to run a pre-launch for a product or service and want to hit it with a full head of steam? Well, in this article well cover how to run a successful pre launch strategy through LinkedIn that will connect you with potential partners who will help you promote your upcoming pre- launch.
- 3. LinkedIn is totally underutilized for strategic partnerships, most think of it as an online resume directory. However, if you were to utilize LinkedIn to its full potential you could be one of the few people who benefit greatly from the power of having access to the worlds largest network of key decision makers. Before we get started, heres a quick overview of what a strategic partnership is in case you are wondering what it is and how it might apply for your business. STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS
- 4. STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS A strategic partnership is a partnership with another non-competing business that shares your target demographic. They then promote your service to their clients to further monetize their database (a share of your revenue from your product or service) or just as a value add for their community. For example if youre a business advisor you might partner with an accountant because they share your target demographic and your services are complimentary and not in direct competition.
- 5. Strategic partnerships are one of the biggest shortcuts to business growth. For example, if you have a $1,000 product and you spend one week trying to close a deal, then its taken you a week to make $1,000. However, lets say you find a partner who introduces you to 10 of their clients. Because youve been recommended by someone they trust, it only takes a week to close those deals, and youve just created 10 times the business in the same amount of time. That is how a partner introduction can decrease the touch points required for a sale significantly. STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS
- 6. They have already built trust and rapport within their database. So now that trust and rapport they built can now transfer over to you and your business when you receive a recommendation from them. With that said, lets now get started on a solid strategy that can help you build a solid funnel of partners that you can leverage when pre-launching your new product or service. STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS
- 7. The reason LinkedIn is the best for finding and creating partnerships is because there is no other platform that has this volume of key decision makers on it that you can easily search for and connect with. As discussed earlier no one else is using the platform this way, so it is much easier to get cut through. When using this strategy for a pre launch I recommend beginning this strategy at least 3 months before your pre launch to receive the best possible results. . STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS
- 8. Think about your product or service and write down 3 different types of businesses that your target market uses before, during and after using your service. For example if you are a web designer, a perfect partner might be a graphics designer as its highly likely that your ideal client would use a graphic designer before deciding to get a website built. Start listing as many as you can before moving onto the next step and then pick the top 3 you would like to start connection with. DECIDE WHO YOUR KEY PARTNERS ARE
- 9. Now we need to build up your sales funnel of partnership opportunitieswith a tool we consider to be the most effective lead generation strategy on LinkedIn and maybe even on the Internet. And thats the Advanced Search feature of LinkedIn, located in the middle at the top of your account. The key to success in any marketing strategy is defining a specific target market, getting as much data as possible about that demographic and then be able to easily connect with that audience. This is why the Advanced Search is such an amazing feature. Where else would you have access to over 400 million members, with 49% of them being key decision makers? FIND PARTNERS ON LINKEDIN
- 10. The first step in the process is to conduct a highly targeted Advanced Search. Using this feature you can search for partners by: Specific Keywords, Filtering your relationship level, Identifying your prospects job title Tip: When you perform an advanced search, include words that would reflect the title of your prospect like Director, VP, or Owner. ADVANCED SEARCH
- 11. If you are on a LinkedIn premium account, you can go deeper with your search by including some or all of the following features depending on the membership level: Company Size Seniority Level Years of Experience Function When Joined Interested In ADVANCED SEARCH
- 12. When you connect make sure you check out their profile first and do a thorough review on whether they are a good fit for your business and would have the right clients working with them. As well as that make sure when you connect, you send a personalized connection request. CONNECTING
- 13. When a partner accepts your invite, you both will be part of each others network giving you the ability to send them a private message, tag them into a specific folder and share relevant content that will be posted within their news feed. The mistake most people make is that they go in for the end result they want before they have spent any time nurturing the prospect. Try sending a few bits of relevant content their way first using the LinkedIn mail function and even interact with their posts. Aim to connect with 10 20 partners a day for a solid month so you can book in phone calls within the next month. BUILD RELATIONSHIPS WITH KEY PARTNERS
- 14. The final step in the process is to finally contact the potential partner with a request to chat further with them offline. Once you have had them in your connections for a couple of weeks, you have done some back and forth with them by interacting with their posts and sending quality content to them via the LinkedIn mail function, its time to get them to have a chat to you. Now you dont want to tell them all of what you want from them in this email, the whole purpose is to get them on a call or face to face meeting so you can chat further about a potential collaboration opportunity. CONNECT OFFLINE
- 15. Build more rapport during your face to face or phone session with them by talking about your commonalities with each other Find out what they are trying to achieve in their business Align what you are looking to achieve with their goals. Make sure you always ask yourself though, whats in it for them? Add as much value as you can for the partner, do not expect them to do everything for you and you do nothing for them. CONNECT OFFLINE
- 16. Here are 6 questions you can ask potential partners on your phone call: 1) Whats the breakdown of the people in your fan base? 2) What are your 6-12 months sales and marketing goals? 3) Where do you need help right now in order to achieve your goals? 4) How have you partnered with people in the past? 5) Whats important to you in a partnership? 6) Here a few suggestions on how we could potentially partner, let me know your thoughts? THE 6 QUESTIONS
- 17. If you are undergoing a launch and you need partners on board they are going to be apprehensive due to it being a new product or service. Therefore you need to craft a strong pitch, which includes your mission in business, benefits of your product, your credibility, and results people have received from working with you in the past. Then because you have a new product you may need to give the partner free access to it so they can review whether it is something they would like to promote. Content without action is useless so make sure you execute this strategy and take advantage of the power of LinkedIn for lucrative joint venture partnerships. THE LAUNCH
- 18. DISCOVER THE 3 STEPS TO LINKEDIN MASTERY Want to learn more about LinkedIn? Download our FREE digital guide today and learn how you too can start using LinkedIn to generate a ton of media exposure, secure joint venture partnerships and build hundreds of new leads for your business. Over 14,000 businesses have now benefited from this methodology. Access it Here!
View more >