Tim Moss Chief Executive of Companies House and Registrar of Companies for England and Wales.
out of 15
Post on 22-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Slide 2
- Tim Moss Chief Executive of Companies House and Registrar of Companies for England and Wales
- Slide 3
- G8 Declaration. 3. Companies should know who really owns them and tax collectors and law enforcers should be able to obtain this information easily.
- Slide 4
- We need to know who really owns and controls our companies. Not just who owns them legally, but who really benefits financially from their existence. This summer at the G8 we committed to do just that to establish a central register of company beneficial ownership. And today Im delighted to announce that not only is that register going to go ahead - but that its also going to be open to the public. Prime Minister David Cameron A stronger economy depends on investors, employees and the wider public having trust and confidence in companies and those that are running them. We believe a public register, listing those who really own companies makes Britain a better place to invest and do business. People have a right to know who controls UK companies and greater openness will help tackle tax evasion, money laundering and other crimes. Secretary of State Dr. Vince Cable Beneficial ownership:
- Slide 5
- Slide 6
- Slide 7
- Slide 8
- The UK legislation requires companies to keep information in a Register of People with Significant Control - PSC Register In certain circumstances a legal entity must be noted in the register (relevant legal entities or RLEs)
- Slide 9
- 5 conditions: 1.Ownership of more than 25% shares 2.Ownership of more than 25% voting rights 3.Ownership of right to appoint or remove a majority of the board of directors 4.Right to exercise significant influence or control 5.Right to exercise significant influence or control over a trust or firm (which trust or firm would be a PSC, were it an individual)
- Slide 10
- Data: Full name Service address Country or state of usual residence Nationality Full date of birth (only month and year publicly available) Usual residential address (not publicly available) Date on which PSC obtained control The nature of his or her control over the company
- Slide 11
- Getting Data: Companies must take reasonable steps. Criminal offence for company and/or PSC. Failure by company to take reasonable steps to obtain PSC information and keep it up to date. Failure to respond to companys notice to provide information, or knowing or reckless provision of false information. Shares may also be subject to restrictions by the company.
- Slide 12
- Register: PSC data provided to Companies House when the company is incorporated. PSC data will be updated at least once every 12 months as part of the new register confirmation statement. The confirmation statement will show all changes that have occurred in-year. Future - move to event driven updates
- Slide 13
- Register Access: Public data except: The full date of birth (only the month and year will be shown on the public register) The usual residential address Individuals at serious risk of harm will be able to apply to prevent disclosure. Specified public authorities (UK and overseas) will have access to protected data on request.
- Slide 14
- Free Public Data: The best way to meet the UKs objectives of Tackling the misuse of companies Promoting good corporate behaviour Public access gives the quickest access Improves accuracy - many eyes improves quality Confidential information will remain confidential
- Slide 15
View more >
The Registrar General's Statistical Review of England and Wales for the Year 1959, Part III, Commentary
Name : FESTO INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED Changed : FESTO INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED ... Deputy Registrar of Companies Registrar of Companies Bengaluru GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
The Registrar of Foundations Companies House Gibraltar Registrar of Foundations Companies House Gibraltar 1st Floor The Arcade 30-38 Main Street P O Box 848 Gibraltar Dear Sirs, Re ... Microsoft Word -
Seventy-Fourth Annual Report of the Registrar-General of Births, Deaths and Marriages in England and Wales
Securitisation: UK (England and Wales) (PDF) companies and entities other than companies can, but are not required to, prepare their accounts according ... Securitisation: UK (England and Wales) ...
LOWE’S COMPANIES, INC. BOARD OF DIRECTORS ?· LOWE’S COMPANIES, INC. BOARD OF DIRECTORS Robert A. Niblock3* Chairman of the Board, President and Chief Executive Officer, Lowe’s Companies, Inc., Mooresville, NC