Top 5 Things to Do Before You List Your Candlewood Lake Home
Post on 17-Jul-2015
Embed Size (px)
Top 5 Things to Do Before
You List Your Candlewood
The decision to sell your Candlewood Lake homes may not be an easy one. There are several things that you have to remember if you are preparing your home for the market. Keep in mind that you only get one chance to make a great first impression. Read on to know more about the things you have to do when its time to put the property up for sale.
1. Determine your motivationIdentify the underlying reasons why you want to sell your home. Make sure that you are really committed to selling and that you have completely thought through the whole process to avoid disappointments.
2. Disassociate YourselfOnce you have made the firm decision to place your Candlewood Lake homes for sale, its time to adjust your mindset regarding the whole thing---from selling your home to selling a house that happens to belong to you. Remove your personal attachment.
Think of it as a business transaction and do whatever it takes to stand out among other competitors.
Create an atmosphere where the buyers can see themselves as owners of the home. Remove personal items that may distract potential buyers.
3. Prepare the documentsGet all the needed paperworks ready. This may include deed, mortgage satisfaction letter, copies of rental agreements, utility and tax bills, and etc. Address all legal obligations such as tax issues and town/city permits. Prepare yourself for inquiries that may arise regarding the home and present the documents to your listing agent, attorney, and potential buyers.
4. Make the necessary repairsRepair obvious maintenance issues and make improvements in your home. Walk through the house and take note of all the things that need to be replaced or repaired. You may also opt to repaint the rooms to create a fresher environment. If you want to make the house more inviting, you may also paint the front door, garage door and other exterior features.
5. Work with a RealtorIf you want buyers looking for Candlewood lakefront homes for sale to go to your direction, enlist the help of a professional who will help market your property to a wider spectrum of potential buyers.
Seek the advice of an expert who has experience with waterfront properties to guide you through the selling process.
To check out the best Candlewood Lake homes for sale or get more tips about selling a home in Candlewood Lake, visit http://www.CandlewoodLakeCTRealEstate.com
Call me, Deborah Laemmerhirt now at 203-994-4297 and let me assist you with everything you need to know about buying or selling Candlewood Lake homes. My years of experience as a preeminent real estate professional in Ridgefield, Redding, Wilton, New Fairfield, Brookfield, Bridgewater, Roxbury, Washington, Weston, Westport, Southbury, Kent, Sherman, Easton, and Bethel, CT, combined with my dedication to providing the finest service will make it easier for you to find your dream home in Connecticut.