Topic 14 - Cloud Computing Collaboration Cloud Computing Collaboration Reuben Jackson Mike Nawrocki.
Post on 23-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- Topic 14 - Cloud Computing Collaboration Cloud Computing Collaboration Reuben Jackson Mike Nawrocki
- Slide 2
- Topic 14 - Cloud Computing Collaboration Agenda Introduction - Reuben Product List - Mike Use Case Reuben Use Case - Mike Issues - Mike
- Slide 3
- Topic 14 - Cloud Computing Collaboration Introduction - Definition Cloud Computing can be defined as a computing paradigm shift where computing is moved away from personal computers or an individual application server to a cloud of computers.
- Slide 4
- Topic 14 - Cloud Computing Collaboration Introduction - History The term cloud has a long history in telephony, and was usually associated with large ATM networks. The concept of the cloud dates back to 1960 when John McCarthy opined that computation may someday be offered as a public utility. In the late 90s and the turn of the 21 st century, Software as a service (SaaS) emerged that overshadowed the cloud. Amazon.com, played an important role in the development of cloud computing and in 2002 provided the Amazon Web Services on a pay-per-use basis.
- Slide 5
- Topic 14 - Cloud Computing Collaboration Introduction - History Popularity soared to an all-time high in 2007 with the interest shown by Google and IBM. In 2008, Gartner Research observed an increase in the per-use service-based models or utility computing and in the growth of cloud computing. Cloud computing is often confused with utility computing. Many providers and vendors have come into the market in the last 5 years namely 3Tera, EMC, Microsoft and Mosso.
- Slide 6
- Topic 14 - Cloud Computing Collaboration Product List Amazon EC2 Elastic Compute Cloud -Network access permissions -Increase/Decrease capacity within minutes -Ability to configure firewall -Red Hat, Windows Server 2003, Oracle Enterprise Linux, Open Solaris -Oracle 11g, MS Sql Server Standard 2005, MS Sql Server Express, MySql Enterprise -Pricing per hour and per GB
- Slide 7
- Topic 14 - Cloud Computing Collaboration Product List Google Apps -Google Docs, Google Video, Google Sites -99.9% Uptime -25GB for email storage -Full administrative and data control -24/7 support -$50 per user account per year
- Slide 8
- Topic 14 - Cloud Computing Collaboration Product List Microsoft Azure -Service Oriented Architecture (XML) -MS Visual Studio 2008 plug-in -ASP.NET, IIS -Eclipse, Ruby, Php, Python -MS SQL Services -Web Portal (helps deploy, scale, and upgrade services) -Capacity planning (adding computing and services) -Infrastructure management -Free trial
- Slide 9
- Topic 14 - Cloud Computing Collaboration Product List 3Tera -Coming soon in stages over next 12-24 months -Open Framework any web/enterprise application -Linux, Solaris, Windows -MySql Clusters -Resource Pools pc power, storage, net connectivity -Global catalog worldwide distributed catalog service -Scalable applications can be added at will -Control interface portals, dashboard, monitor screens -Infrastructure Delivery Network authentication/access
- Slide 10
- Topic 14 - Cloud Computing Collaboration Product List IBM Blue Cloud -Virtualized Linux -Service Oriented Architecture -Web 2.0 Applications -IBM Tivoli manages server for optimal performance -LotusLive cloud based portfolio of social networking and collaboration services -Hadoop programming tool -DB2, Informix Dynamic Server Databases -Webshpere portal
- Slide 11
- Topic 14 - Cloud Computing Collaboration Use Case - Reuben John Noble is the CIO of a Mid-size software company headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. The company has offices in Skokie (IL), Columbus (IN) and Cincinnati (OH). The CIO is planning for a complete overhaul of the companys systems as they are old and have outdated features. He is looking for a solution to replace the companys intranet (which is used for all the collaboration activities between the developers),
- Slide 12
- Topic 14 - Cloud Computing Collaboration Use Case - Reuben Has a average budget to accomplish this and also intends to rent the solution from a provider rather than buy and maintain it. Needs access control, 24/7 support, training, data security/privacy, data/file protection, user interface as components of the providers package. Chose Google Apps as the solution for his company.
- Slide 13
- Topic 14 - Cloud Computing Collaboration Use Case - Mike Pump Quotation and Selection software that is used by 32 rep offices around the USA. Each rep has multiple locations. It is a desktop application that requires a lot of support on different systems (XP and Vista) and different environments. Employees within the rep organization use Access 2003 database and they all work on the projects and quotes (multiple users might collaborate on the same project). Major Goals: Same environment for all representatives. No major code changes to current application. Access Control. Unlimited number of users at the same time. 24/7 Support. Train the Trainer program.
- Slide 14
- Topic 14 - Cloud Computing Collaboration Issues Security -System vulnerable when vendors infrastructure compromised. -Multiple identity and management systems. Data Loss and Backups -Where the data is stored? -Who has access? -Is it safe? -Custom or third party backup systems. -How and when backups will be performed. -Can backups be tested/accessed when service is down.
- Slide 15
- Issues Management and Monitoring -Monitor who has access to data. -Monitor vulnerability lists. -Patch management -Fix flaws. -Network, storage, infrastructure, security. Bandwidth -Big enough pipe. Topic 14 - Cloud Computing Collaboration
- Slide 16
- Issues Service Level Agreements -Planned vs Unplanned downtime Refund? -Complex uptime, anti-spam, anti-virus, performance -Make sure service provider meets compliance and protects intellectual data. -Negotiate stronger SLA Expensive! Topic 14 - Cloud Computing Collaboration
View more >
Recap of MITRE Cloud Collaboration Sessions by Justin Brunelle of MITRE | December 17, 2013 | Federal Cloud Computing Summit
Collaboration-based cloud computing security Cloud Computing Security Management Framework Mohemed Almorsy, John Grundy and Amani S. Ibrahim ... GRC project , or by aligning
CLOUD COMPUTING. Contents Introduction to cloud computing. Three levels of cloud computing: Implementation of cloud computing Private cloud Public cloud.
Cloud Security Challenges: Spillage and Cloud Computing ?· A Review in Collaboration with the ... As…
Definition of Cloud computing Definition of Cloud computing Structure of Cloud computing Structure of Cloud computing Characteristics of Cloud computing.
CLOUD COMPUTING. What is cloud computing ? History Virtualization Cloud Computing hardware Cloud Computing services Cloud Architecture Advantages & Disadvantages.
Journal of Computing::Exploring Cloud Computing of Emerging Trends in Computing and Information Sciences ... component of the hybrid cloud while other auxiliary ... Google Doc, Finance, Collaboration,
Cloud Computing and Big Data. Outline … Cloud computing definition Cloud computing service model Cloud computing service provider in Indonesia Cloud computing.
Cloud Computing Automation: Integrating USDL and - Cloud Computing...Cloud Computing Automation: Integrating…