treaty of versailles: the war for peace
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONTreaty of Versailles: The War for Peace. Ch 6.3. Wednesday, March 14, 2012. Daily Goal: Understand how Wilson’s 14 points differed from the other Big Four. Ch 6.2 Notes Analysis- Explain what actions the gov’t took in the US to support the War . Examples: WIB , NWLB , CPI. Wilson v Allies. - PowerPoint PPT Presentation
Treaty of Versailles: The War for Peace
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
• Daily Goal: Understand how Wilson’s 14 points differed from the other Big Four.
• Ch 6.2 Notes Analysis-• Explain what actions the gov’t took in the US
to support the War.• Examples: WIB, NWLB, CPI.
Wilson v Allies
• Wilson wanted “Peace without Victory” and to create a League of Nations to maintain world peace.
• Europeans wanted to punish Germany. • The Treaty of Versailles left out most of
Wilsons proposals, but included the League.
• Vladimir Lenin and the Bolsheviks led a Communist Revolution in Russia.
• Americans feared the US would be next.
Senate rejects the Treaty of Versailles
• The Senate rejected the Treaty because it did not want the US joining the League of Nations because it was an entangling alliance.