universum awards 2009
Post on 21-Jan-2018
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Growing employer brands online using social media tools Per Hkansson Universum Awards, Stockholm, March 26, 2009
- 2. changestartups15 years universum going global perspective stanford st.gallen san francisco silicon valley per blurb.comconsumer web londonyahoo! disruptivetechnology icon medialabbarcelonabusinessstrategic internet advisor
- 3. Agenda The new open world What is social media? Evolution of the web Employer toolbox Recommendations & ideas Questions
- 4. The wall between companies and their markets has fallen
- 5. Which creates transparency
- 6. The key driver is the web
- 7. And the web changeseverything... ;)
- 8. Imagine everyone having access to their own free printing press...
- 9. Their own megafon...
- 10. Access to people...
- 11. Connected across the world...
- 12. In real-time...
- 13. Enabling anyone to rate, comment, review or tag any content
- 14. CONVERSATIONS
- 15. Social Media!
- 16. Evolution of Consumer Web Internet [Communication tools]Audience1.6BN1.5BN SOCIAL MEDIAMICRO MOBILEBLOGGINGSOCIAL 1BN NETWORKS VIDEO COMMENTS RSS CALLING USGIM GROUPS API VOIP VIDEOSHARINGWEBMAIL BLOGS 0.5BN THUMBING FORUMSMOSAIC PHOTOSHARINGMBLISTSTAGGINGYear199520002005
- 17. RIGHT NOW talented people are engaging inonline conversations about your company as a place to work
- 18. WOW! What an opportunity to really connect!
- 19. BUT Only 16%* of companies monitor whats being said about their brand onlineAdvertising Age, Feb 2009
- 20. So what does all this mean for you?
- 21. Reections Its not the content, its the conversation From mass media to media of the masses A new ecosystem for human interaction Social networks are the new infrastructure People care more about tools than content Openness, transparency and accessibility Non-linear ecosystems
- 22. The Social Media ToolboxContent platforms Feedback tools Social networks Lifestreams & feeds Analytics
- 23. Content Platforms Content created by anyone for everyone to consume, comment and evolveBlogs Video Podcasting Groups Communities Microblogging
- 24. Social Networks The new technology platform and lever to connect and share with everyonePersonal networks FacebookMySpaceProfessional networks LinkedInXingNiche networks Ning
- 25. Feedback Tools Agree, disagree, contest, argue, debate, challenge, review, rate and commentCommentsReviewsRatingsThumbingQ&AReputation
- 26. Lifestreams & Feeds Online records of daily activities via feeds or aggregators RSSFacebookLinkedInTwitter What are you doing?140 characters (SMS) FriendFeed
- 27. Analytics How to monitor what people are saying about your company as a workplaceGoogle Analytics Social Mention Trackur Glassdoor.com RSS Technorati
- 28. Recommendations How to join the global conversation about your company as a great place to workIdentify clear objectivesHire the right web peopleKnow thy audience - identify inuencersListen. Learn. Share. Interact. Invite.Start small, experiment and fail fastBe honest, be open, be your brandWhat cannot be measured cannot be improved
- 29. SummaryEmbrace the open movement Look beyond the prevalent technologies Social media is about connected conversations But nothing happens without infrastructure Join the right / relevant ecosystem
- 30. QUESTIONS?
- 31. Contacts & Feedback Per Hkansson Strategic internet advisor [email protected] www.perhakansson.com