Using images to inspire and engage online
Post on 19-Aug-2015
- 1. A picture shows me at a glance what it takes dozens of pages of a book toexpoundIvan TurgenevLeica M8.2 by Photoyong Image-sharing and online engagement Eyefortravel Webinar 10 July 2012
- 2. On Instagram -My blog -On Twtter - dirktherabbit liesdamnedliesstatistics.comdirktherabbitSome of the places you can find me(and where I work - www.therabbitagency.com)
- 3. What Im going totalk about The importance of theimagesphere in social media The networks to be aware of Two examples of what we didfor bmibaby (Instagram), andbmi (Pinterest) What you should do about it Some resources to find outmoreThe Camera - Jose Paulo Carvalho Pereira
- 4. A noticeable trend this yearis beautiful apps or websites. Its all part of a larger trend that Im calling The Visual Web, meaning that images and video are becoming an increasingly important part ofwhat we consume online. (Richard McManus, Read Write Web) Welcome to theimagesphere (Luminate)Images are an increasingly important partof online communications
- 5. #airport - 300k#hotel - 301k #beach -images on images 471k imagesInstagram @diegobeyro@instafifini @gunjonEspecially in travel, photography evokes memories,emotions. Its a powerful form of story-tellingAnd now, it can be shared with thousands with a single click
- 6. Instagram isnow theworlds argest(international) mobile socialnetwork at 56 million users Digital camera sales are down29% over the past five years (Mintel) - especially hard hit, A year agoentry level camerasPinterest accounted for 0.68% of social media referrals to e-commerce sites.Now it accounts for 26%This is happening - has your business caught up withthe trend?
- 7. These should be on your radarInstagram - Flickr - still thePinterest - theTumblr - the worlds largestworlds largest social media story worlds largest mobile social photo sharing of 2012. Pin blogging platform,network, 56 networkimages fromhigh visual +million usersanywhere around accessiblethe web to boardsAlso Socialcam and Jux - new Tumblr Streamzoo and Viddy -alternativeTadaa- two nicheInstagram ofInstagramvideoversions
- 8. The bmi Pinterest lottery
- 9. 2 - Users re-1 - We created3 - Every week we pinned up to sixdestination boards chose a winning numbers (pins)and numberednumber, which got to their own pins free flightsboardsThe bmi Pinterest lottery - how did it work?
- 10. Considering the novelty of thesocial network and the fact thatmost images are automatically re-shared on the users twitter and facebook profiles, the level of engagement represented by thesenumbers is considerable, especiallyfor a niche carrier like BMI.(Simpliflying)The bmi Pinterest lottery - Outcome
- 11. bmibaby MyEurope
- 12. 1 - Challenges,2 - Real world3 - Visual launched by local instameetsinspiration guidesinfluencers, where we brought on the bmibabyaround bmibabysuper-fans fromsite pulling in thedestinations different countrieschallenge hash- togethertagsMy Europe - how did it work?
- 13. 1 - 50,000 unique pieces of visualcontent submitted2 - Extensive media coverage, one of the most successful Instagram campaigns ever3 - Award winning,2x winners, 2xshort listed digital industry awardsOutcome
- 14. So what now? Register your profiles, think aboutwhat you are going to do withthem Carry out an audit to see whatyour customers / passengers /guests are doing online now Educate your staff so theyunderstand the potential benefitof customer + smartphone camera Positively encourage and channelcustomers to take and shareimages - for example via physicalprompts
- 15. More on those stats (see slideshare.net/therabbitagency later) @brideyraes presentation on My Europe http://www.slideshare.net/therabbitagency/my-europe-an-instagram-campaign-for-bmibaby Digital camera sales down 29% http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/digital-camera-sales-slump-as-more-944296 Socialcam and Viddy users - http://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonykosner/2012/06/24/socialcam-vs-viddy-and-the-curious-calculus-of-picking-the-most-popular-app/ Tumblr to overtake blog as a search term - http://thenextweb.com/media/2012/04/17/whod-have-thought-tumblr-to-soon-overtake-blog-on-google-searches/ Has Pinterest overtaken Tumblr? http://royal.pingdom.com/2012/06/28/pinterest-overtaken-tumblr-united-states/ Facebook posts that include an album have 180%+ engagement http://www.adverblog.com/2012/04/28/visual-social-network-infographic/ Six reasons why images are important - http://www.business2community.com/marketing/6-powerful-reasons-why-you-should-include-images-in-your-marketing-infographic-0185560# Pinterest now accounts for 26% of social media e-commerce referrals http://liesdamnedliesstatistics.com/2012/06/facebook-still-dominant-in-numbers-less-so-in-referrals.html
- 16. Thanks for your time!Dirk Singerdirk@therabbitagency.com Twitter / Instagram -@dirktherabbit Rabbit -www.therabbitagency.com
View more >
Instructional Coaching: Inspire, Ignite, Engage and ?· Instructional Coaching: Inspire, Ignite, Engage…
engage and inspire your people to drive intended results ?· • Engage effective leadership communication…
Using Social, Video & Mobile Platforms To Engage, Inspire, And Connect With A Global And Diverse Workforce
Engage and inspire your pupils with a Book Talk! ?· Engage and inspire your ... most of all, between…
Engage and inspire your pupils with a Book Talk! ?· Engage and inspire your pupils with a Book Talk!…