ux camp cph 2013 ignite! presentation, karen mardahl
out of 21
Post on 20-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Designing for InclusionKaren Mardahl 12 April 2013 #UXCampCPH
- 2. hello, world
- 3. The reason why theuniverse is eternal is that itdoes not live for itself; itgives life to others as ittransforms. Lao Tzu(From a May 2012 AccessU presentation by Molly Holzschlag)
- 4. VisualHearingMotorCognition
- 5. Perceivable?http://www.flickr.com/photos/kmardahl/7771572212/
- 6. Operable?mjmonty at http://www.flickr.com/photos/mjmonty/5087474397/ CC-BY-2.0
- 7. Understandable?A project of Dana Chisnell and www.civicdesigning.org/fieldguides - work licensed by CC BY-NC-ND3.0
- 8. Robust?
- 9. PerceivableOperableUnderstandableRobust... P. O. U. R.
- 10. yeowatzup at http://www.flickr.com/photos/yeowatzup/2052078571/ CC-BY-2.0 Mangled Starfish, Alona Beach, Panglao Island, Phillipines. The starfish was still alive, after taking this shot we placed it back into the water and it came back to life.
- 11. The International Classification of Functioning,Disability and Health (ICF) from World HealthOrganization (WHO) acknowledges that every humanbeing can experience a decrement in health andthereby experience some degree of disability.Disability is not something that only happens to aminority of humanity. The ICF thus mainstreams theexperience of disability and recognises it as auniversal human experience.http://www.who.int/classifications/icf/en/
- 12. Bug cost chart from http://blogs.windriver.com/vxworks/device-management/
- 13. Eddau at http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Non-wheelchair_Ramp_IMG_0908.JPG public domain
- 14. So long as a web-basedsystem is inaccessible, itsuffers from qualityproblems and we shouldfocus on quality. Karl Groves http://www.karlgroves.com/2012/01/27/chasing-the-accessibility-business-case-conclusion/
- 15. http://www.uiaccess.com/JustAsk/15
- 16. When universal designprocesses fail to include,consult with, and listen tothe people we are actuallydesigning for, we also fail todesign effectively. Lisa Herrod http://scenariogirl.com/inclusive-design/the-social-model-of-disability
- 17. http://www.stamfordinteractive.com.au/21-5-ways-to-adjust-attitudes-to-accessibility-ux-australia-2012-conference/
- 18. Tup Wanders at http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Scaffolding_Berlin2.jpg CC-BY-2.0
- 19. http://www.flickr.com/photos/mroche/5414095073/Mick Roche: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mroche/5414095073/ - y.accesslab: http://www.flickr.com/photos/yaccesslab/5489678611/ - MontageCommunications: http://www.flickr.com/photos/montagecomms/3230622625/ - http://www.flickr.com/photos/veeliam/5095362394/
View more >