Post on 12-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Wearables Replace these with these to make these. really personal electronics.
- 2. Why wearables? Blend art and technology Create something useful and beautiful Make a personal statement
- 3. Wearables is just electronics, except... The components are different Construction techniques are different The fundamentals of good circuit design and programming are the same
- 4. Popular Wearable Microcontrollers ( Arduino compatible ) Flora Gemma LilyPad LilyTiny
- 5. Sewholes Coin Cell Battery Holder LED
- 6. Conductive Stretch Cord
- 7. Soft Potentiometer A B C A B C A B C
- 8. Conductive Hook and Loop ( aka Velcro ) A B A A B B
- 9. EL Wire / Tape / Panels Direct Current (DC) ==> Electricity from a battery Alternating Current (AC) ==> Electricity from a wall outlet Electroluminescence (EL) Requires an inverter ( Turn DC into AC )
- 10. Pressure Sensitive Fabric (Velostat) Press Down Resistance Decreases R e s i s t a n c e
- 11. Sewable Snaps Make your components easily reusable.
- 12. Sewable Breakout Boards Heating Pad Temperature Sensor Flexible Speaker and Amplifier Buzzer Light Sensor Button Vibrating Motor Slide SwitchAccelerometer
- 13. Circuit Construction Conductive Thread Conductive Fabrics Conductive Ribbon
- 14. Sugru: The NEW Duct Tape
- 15. Conductive Paint and Ink Friends dont let friends use wires for wearables.
- 16. Pinch to illuminate
- 17. Build a fabric button
- 18. Resources Adafruit Sparkfun Fine Silver Products LessEMF Bare Conductive Paint Lame Lifesaver Inventables Plug and Wear Joann Fabrics Michaels Where to Purchase Wearable Components: Where to Learn More: Becky Stern a. youtube.com/bekathwia b. bit.ly/WearableWednesday
- 19. Dont Forget... Weatherproofing is important Design to be repairable
- 20. Conductive Paint and Ink
- 21. Conductive Paint and Ink
View more >