Welcome Back!! College and Career. Let’s Make This The Best Year Yet!!
Post on 26-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Welcome Back!! College and Career
- Slide 2
- Lets Make This The Best Year Yet!!
- Slide 3
- Seniors Have Spoken! Our seniors have committed that students will work hard and our staff is committed to try to do everything that seniors have chosen to do (within reason ) to make this year fun. We will finalize this list with all seniors voting during lunch one day soon Underclassmen: This tradition will continue and be your turn when you are seniors as long as everyone acts responsibly!! Things they want to do this year:
- Slide 4
- Movie Night Hold an all school movie night with a theme. For example, watch a football movie on the football field on a Thursday night before a game. Bring chairs, blankets, etc.
- Slide 5
- CAR SMASH This could be a fundraiser. Raise money by getting an old car and charge people to hit it with a bat.
- Slide 6
- Dance, Dance, Dance Have more casual dances!!
- Slide 7
- Country Line/ Square Dancing Night Have a hoe down dance and hire country line dancers to show your school how to do it. Reduce admission price for people that dress western. Sadie?
- Slide 8
- ROWAN COUNTY LIVE If you missed this last year, you really missed out!! Hold a variety/talent/comedy show and invite any students to audition. Model the show after Saturday night live.
- Slide 9
- After School Hours BEACH PARTY Cave Run Lake Play games Hire a DJ Note: Dont forget the food!! We are having to jump through hoops for insurance and we may not be able to do this.
- Slide 10
- Bonfire Thursday Night Before Homecoming Promote school spirit with a bonfire. Roast marshmallows, have corn hole, and cheer the team. Can we get a DJ?
- Slide 11
- Pep Rallies Come up with ideas for our pep rallies like: What Would You Do For A Klondike bar? For this event, have a students and a teacher do embarrassing things and reward them with a Klondike bar.
- Slide 12
- Senior Autographs Senior Sign the banner with the important values they chose and that we will support These Values are: Respect Responsibility Kindness Honesty Self-Discipline
- Slide 13
- Schoolhouse Rock We have some seriously good talent here at Rowan County Senior High, so Invite student bands to play before sporting events and other fun outdoor activities.
- Slide 14
- Kiss a pig Have jars for some teachers (employees)in your school. Students are allowed to put as much money as they choose in each jar and the teacher with the most money after the set amount of time has to kiss a pig
- Slide 15
- Spirit Chairs Students who bring registration in on time will qualify to be entered in a drawing to sit down front for a sporting event with 3 friends and get free pizza and a drink.
- Slide 16
- Shirt Drive Seniors lead the student body to donate clothes to help the less fortunate students in a foreign country. Rowan County Shirts or MSU shirts only
- Slide 17
- Let's Make A Difference Week" A new community service activity takes place every day for one week.
- Slide 18
- Valentines for Elders Get together and make Valentines for the elderly. Then go deliver them to our local rest homes.
- Slide 19
- Lastly - Staff Appreciation ideas Students write notes to their teachers to thank them. Just put them into the teachers' mailboxes Students volunteer to help a teacher out for a day or class period. This works great for Teacher Appreciation Week!
- Slide 20
- Now, lets get to work.
- Slide 21
- Formative and Summative Assessment Formative assessment homework, quizzes, etc. are worth 20% of your final grade and may be retaken after relearning Summative assessment unit tests are worth 60% of your final grade and MAY NOT be retaken Finals are worth 20% of your final grade and may not be retaken. AP and Dual Credit classes may not participate in retakes
- Slide 22
- Dress Code Written by SGA 1. Any style of clothing or lack of clothing that would be disruptive to the educational process or of the safety of the students as determined by school administration is not permitted. 2. Any attire that brings undue attention to the student is considered inappropriate. 3. No clothing or accessory with language, statements, pictures, or graphics that are obscene, inappropriate, racially or ethnically offensive, or pertain to drugs, alcohol, tobacco, or sex is permitted.
- Slide 23
- SGA Dress Code - continued The following dress code guidelines apply specifically to the academic school hours and to school related field trips or events which are academically related. (Students participating in athletic events or social events shall follow dress code expectations related to those events.) 4. No spaghetti straps, tube tops, or halter tops. Tank top straps should be at least 2 wide at the shoulder. Dropped arm hole clothing is not permitted. Tank tops or blouses must be worn beneath mesh, lace or other sheer fabric shirts/blouses/dresses, etc. 5. Blouses and shirts must meet the beltline of skirts, slacks/pants, or shorts. Stomachs and backs must be covered at all times.
- Slide 24
- 6. Shorts, skirts, and dresses must be no shorter than 1 below the fingertips of the wearer when held at the sides of the thighs. Holes in jeans and clothing worn with leggings (or legging look-a-likes) should also follow these guidelines. 7. Unless approved by the principal, head coverings are not to be worn in the building. Students must cover or replace inappropriate clothing. Parents will be notified, if necessary, to bring proper clothing. Students may be assigned to ISS until inappropriate clothing is replaced. All violations will be at the discretion of the principal/designee. Students are not sent home for dress code violations. Leaving school to go home and change is not a school related absence. SGA Dress Code - continued
- Slide 25
- Only juniors and seniors may apply for a parking permit. Parking permits are non-transferable to other students Sitting in vehicles before and during school hours is not permitted. Students must park within the available space designated for student use. Students can not park in visitor parking, at McBrayer, Rowan County Middle School, or Maysville Community and Technical College at any time STUDENT PARKING
- Slide 26
- Citations will be issued $3 up to $10 and a $5 late payment fee REMEMBER BUSES ALWAYS HAVE PRIORITY!!! -AND- Running a school bus stop sign could land you in jail STUDENT PARKING CONT.
- Slide 27
- Beginning on the first day of school and ending November 1, 2014, all vehicles are to be moved off the student parking lot by 3:30 p.m., every day, so that the RCSHS band may rehearse. Vehicles must be moved to the edge of the lot or to the teachers lot. STUDENT PARKING CONT.
- Slide 28
- Students who are sixteen (16) or seventeen (17) years old who become deficient in academics or attendance shall be reported to the Transportation Cabinet for drivers license, permit, or driving privilege revocation. Students must pass 3 out of 5 classes each trimester. Students must not accumulate 6 or more unexcused absences in a trimester. NO PASS/NO DRIVE (KRS 159.051) Not a school rule - Its the LAW
- Slide 29
- Student Drop Off In front of school in the drop-off circle Do not use Viking Drive as a drop-off area Student drivers being dropped off if you drive and must exchange with a parent, please use the student parking lot so it does not hold other parents up and slow traffic. Do not use the teacher parking lot or the bus lane to drop students
- Slide 30
- We only have 1 formal dance, Prom, all others are casual. Specific apparel will be announced prior to the dance if necessary. DANCES
- Slide 31
- Academics: Students must be passing 4 out of 5 classes in the current trimester Attendance: Students may not have 2 or more unexcused absences or unexcused tardies per trimester. Discipline: Students may not have committed 1 (one) level III violation or 2 (two) level II violations Start Here Dance Requirements
- Slide 32
- Fees: Students who have an outstanding balance of $15 or more on their cafeteria account SHALL NOT be eligible to attend dances until the account is paid in full. Guests: If RCSHS students wish to bring a guest, they must fill out a permission form and return it by the required date. Guests must be currently enrolled in a high school, or have successfully completed high school or its equivalent and be 20 years or under in age.
- Slide 33
- Twitter @RCSHSOffices to get updates Go to Rowan County Schools www.rowan.kyschools.us and find the high school web page. There you will find news, many forms (that seem to get lost) and even teacher web pages, Also search the App store for the Rowan County App. Guidance Office SENIOR REMIND 101. To join, @srguid to (606) 620-9565 Get Connected
- Slide 34
- Tardies to Class Being where you are supposed to be, ON TIME, is a sign of respect to your teacher and your classmates. Having the self-discipline and sense of responsibility to be prompt will help you throughout your life! Three tardies will result in disciplinary action! If you are more than 10 minutes late to class, you are more than tardy; you are skipping!
- Slide 35
- Cell Phones Classroom teachers post their classroom policies regarding phone use in their classrooms. Additionally, teachers may authorize the use of cell phones in their rooms to enhance the educational opportunity. They will let you know when you may use your phone. Any violation of the school rules or classroom usage rules will result in phones being confiscated by the teacher and taken to the office. Failure to give the phone to the teacher will be considered defiance of authority result in further disciplinary action. Cell phones may be used during change of class, breaks and lunch. Cell phones must be turned off during assemblies and put away upon entering the gym, PAC or other location where the assembly is held.
- Slide 36
- Our Nurse is Ms. Knipp Her room is 187 beside the girls PE locker room next to the gym. Consent forms must be turned in as soon as possible. Students CAN NOT be seen by the nurse without a consent form on file. If students need to see the nurse, a teacher must first call to let her know. Students are NOT allowed to call themselves. Students who visit the nurse will receive a pass to give to their teachers and the attendance clerk. Notes from the NURSE
- Slide 37
- More from the NURSE If you are sick before school ----please stay home. By coming to school, you are spreading germs to other students. IF you are NOT seen by the nurse, you will NOT get a nurses excuse! Nurse Knipp does not have access to the training room. If you play a sport and get hurt, you must notify your coach, athletic trainer, or athletic director (Coach Williams). The nurse DOES NOT treat athletic injuries. However, you may come to the nurse for illness or pain due to a sport injury.
- Slide 38
- Any student with a food allergy should notify the nurse immediately. MEDICATIONS: (1) Any medication brought to school must be in its original container at all times. Medication should NOT be in baggies or foil ----this is illegal. (2) Students must have a consent form on file in the health unit to have medication at school. Consent forms are kept in the health unit. Anyone needing a form may stop by the unit and see Ms. Knipp. And more from the NURSE
- Slide 39
- Nurse Notes on Medication Students who need to use over-the-counter must have a consent form filled out and signed by a parent or guardian. Students who need prescription medication must have a consent form filled out by a doctor and signed by a parent/guardian. Prescription medications must be kept locked up in the health unit at all times. The only prescription medication students are allowed to carry in school are diabetic supplies, epi-pens, or inhalers.
- Slide 40
- Odysseyware Odysseyware is a credit recovery system ---an online program for students who are lagging behind with credits. If you are not on-target to graduate or remain with your class, you will be assigned odysseyware as a class or attend sessions after school. If you know that you are lacking a credit, please see your guidance counselor soon.
- Slide 41
- ACT Prep RCSHS has purchased a ACT PREP discs. Students can see Ms. Kibbey in the library to check out this resource to improve their ACT scores.
- Slide 42
- Testing 9 th grade: EXPLORE in September. This test will help freshmen prepare for the ACT. 10 th grade: PLAN--will help students prepare for the ACT, End of Course English II, End of Course Algebra II (some students) End of Course Biology, KPREP ON-Demand. The end of course assessments, which are our state assessments, will count 20% of the final class grade.
- Slide 43
- Testing cont. 11 th grade: ACT, End of Course Algebra II, End of Course US History, KPREP On-Demand. End of course STATE assessments count 20% of your final class grade. 12th. Grade: retake the ACT (sign up online to take the national test), COMPASS (if you are below benchmark in reading, math or English on the ACT), WorkKeys--for career readiness and career certificate. KOSSA--for career readiness.
- Slide 44
- College Ready To be college ready: ACT - English-18, ACT Math-19, ACT Reading- 20 COMPASS - English (Writing)74, Math (Algebra)36, Reading85
- Slide 45
- Career Ready Pass the KOSSA test And receive a Silver (4 or above) in all three areas of the WorkKeys rest
- Slide 46
- CLASS PICTURES Undergraduates will have class pictures taken on Tuesday, August 19, 20, 21 Senior pictures will be used for the 2015 Senior Composite and the yearbook will be taken Tuesday, August 13 and 14. Seniors, you MUST be present to be part of your class picture. SENIORS--The cap and gown/graduation representative (CHARLIE) will be here...?
- Slide 47
- Student Forms You will receive several forms today. It is very important that you fill out all forms and return them ON TIME Returning your lunch form is IMPORTANT, even if you do not qualify for free or reduced lunch If the forms get lost, you may print them off of the High School Web Site.
- Slide 48
- GET INVOLVED The most successful students are those who GET INVOLVED in their school. Join a club, an athletic team, a co...
View more >
? Web viewExcellent, right welcome back to the New Year. Happy new year everyone and welcome to yet…
Let’s make this easier - CASBO Polished... · Let’s make this easier. ... Application of Surtec’sGuard…