Welcome To Jiangsu Houji High School Cultural Relics 1 UNIT Revision.
Post on 27-Dec-2015
Welcome To Jiangsu Houji High School
A word game : ortrait ulturalepresenteautytatuesomething of or involving culture c______ relics2. stand for or act as a spokesperson for r________ 3. one that is beautiful a b_____4. a picture or description of a person a p_______5. a figure of a person in bronze a bronze s_______
6. be combined into a unit get u______7. breathing very quickly or hard out of b ________8. destroy a building p___ ____ a building9. in pieces in r_____ 10. create the building again r_______ the buildingnitedreathull downuinsecreate
hereuilt nder attackive inestroyediecesn ruinsebuildring ack eplaced/recreatedestoredome true ncludingissing
under attack in ruins/ in pieces bring back to life with the help of come true look out over cause damage to make ones voice heard as wonderful as out of breath
Make up a story or a paragraph. under attack in ruins/ in pieces bring back to life with the help of come true look out over cause damage to make ones voice heard as wonderful as out of breath
1. prefix: re-re-rebuildmeaning againmeaning build again
A great many schoolmates got reunited for our schools 50th birthday last Friday. Suppose the brain is a computer. Dr. Jenner, in effect, by reprogramming his computer, erased the old way of looking at his smallpox problem and was free to receive new alternatives. A. Change the program of his computer. B. Look at his problem in a new way.
2. give give up give ingive away give back give offgive out1. He _________ his seat to an old woman. ______2. The gas _________ an unpleasant smell. _____3. Our money soon ___________. _____ 4. Have you _____ him ______ the money yet?____gave upgave offgave outgivenback
1. Children who are always ______ by their parents soon became spoiled. A give in B. given in C. give in to D. given in to 2. ---- Smoking is bad for your health. ---- Yes, I know. But I simply cant ______. (2002 A. give it up B. give it in C. give it out D. give it away3. (2003 ) Dont tell that at the beginning of the story, or it may ______ the shocking ending. A. give away B. give out C. give up D. give offgive in to sb.
BobPatmotherhood After 40 of the 70 days, he was ready to 39 .I was beaten down, admits Bob. Not only is motherhood a difficult task, it is an impossible job for any normal human being. 39. A. carry on B. give up C. break down D. find out
3. Where there is a will, there is a way.Adverbial Clause whereWhere there is a river, there is a city.
1. I will go where I am needed.2. Where there is life, there is hope.e.g. Put the letter where I can easily find it. Have a try!
1. (2006) --Mom, what did your doctor say? --He advised me to live the air is fresher. A. in where B. in which C. the place where D. where2. (2005) If a shop has chairs _________ women can park their men, women will spend more time in the shop. A. that B. which C. when D. where(antecedent)
4.________________(), the people of St Petersburg are the modern heroes of Russia. Strong, proud and unitedThe goat rolled over, _______().dead
1. One woman was lying in bed, awake.
2. He approached us, full of apologies.
3. Unable to find the piece of paper on which he had written her e-mail address, he did his best to type it in from memory.
Lets translate and enjoy the beautiful sentences!
____________he agreed to give it a try He spent 7 days in the wind and snow _______________. cold and hungryMuch interested(determined)()Lets have a try!Determined and hard-working, the people of St Petersburg saved their city and cultural relics.
Yuanmingyuan(The Garden of Perfection and Brightness)
Should we rebuild Yuanmingyuan?
Should Yuanmingyuan Be Rebuilt? national treasure
Homework: Write your composition down. ()