welcome to the hesi a2 - howard community ... helpful hints and materials helpful hints • you...
Post on 21-Oct-2020
Embed Size (px)
Welcome to the HESI A2 Test Information and Accessing the Test
This Photo by Unknown Author is licensed under CC BY
• Please make sure you have placed your larger items in the front of the room. Smaller items are to be placed under your desk. Clear plastic totes are available for your convenience at the front desk.
• You will not be allowed access to your personal belongings at any point once you begin your test.
• If you need to use the restroom, please come to the front desk. For reasons of academic integrity, only one person at a time may leave the room. Please note your time will continue to run during your break. Please reenter the room following the same route you used when checking in.
• If you have any questions, please raise your hand so a proctor can assist you; the proctor will be using the chat feature to communicate with you.
• Topics covered include reading, comprehension, grammar, vocab and knowledge, biology, chemistry, A&P, and math
• Total time limit is 5 hours (10 hours for students with a documented accommodation) • Individual tests are not timed, so pace yourself accordingly • A passing score is 70% or higher • Take the Personality and Learning style sections lasts as these sections do not count towards your score • When you finish your test, you will not see your results. Due to Covid-19 procedures, the Test Center is not
printing test scores. You can access your results through your Evolve account on your personal computer • When you are finished, collect your personal belongings. Please bring your scrap paper out of the room and
dispose of it in the recycling bin. Exit the room following the signage • Later in the day, make sure to check your HCC email for post-test Information
Helpful Hints and Materials
Helpful Hints • You cannot skip any of the
questions • Once you submit an answer you
cannot go back to review the question or change your answer
• If a question requires you to type a response, you cannot backspace. You must highlight the text and press delete to change your answer
Provided Materials • Scrap paper • Pencils • An on-screen calculator will be
available during your test
Submit and Pause Button
Answer your question first, then hit submit and pause
to return to the home screen with the various test
Use Submit and Pause for restroom breaks and switching to another
section of the exam. You may choose the order of
You are almost ready to begin. Please, review all the slides, then proceed to the test page.
This Photo by Unknown Author is licensed under CC BY
How to get to your exam
When you click on the link at the end of this presentation, you will be directed to
the login page
Sign in screen
• This is where you will enter your Evolve username and password
• Remember you must sign in with your username, NOT your email.
• If you try to sign in multiple times unsuccessfully, you will be asked to provide information before getting into the test. If this occurs you will need to contact Elsevier after testing to consolidate your accounts
Type in Username & Password
• When you get to this screen, please raise your hand.
• The proctor will enter your access code and launch your exam.
• Please be patient while the proctor puts in your information and allow them to control your screen
When you get to this screen, click on the continue button at the bottom of your screen to continue
Disclosure and Optional Information • Read over the disclosure
agreement and click the “I Agree” box
• Enter the optional information if you would like
• Hit continue
• You should now be looking at the list of different tests
• After hitting a submit and pause button, it will always bring you back to this screen
• Remember: you can move from section to section, but you have to answer the question on the screen and then click submit and pause
• Make sure you finish the entire test, saving the Learning styles and Personality profile for last
If you need a calculator click on the show calculator tab under the remaining time
Your on-screen calculator will look like this. You can hide it by clicking on hide calculator
Common Issues and what to do?
Unable to move onto the next question • If you have answered a question
and are unable to move onto your next question AND you notice the time is still running
• What to do…. • Just be patient. You should be able to
move onto your next question shortly.
• Do not keep pressing the continue button as this may make matters worse
Kicked out of exam • If you have been on a screen for a very
long time or take an extended break, the lockdown browser will close and you will be kicked out of your exam
• If you accidently kick the computer cord or experience other technical issues
• Don’t panic. The test is saved and we will be able to reenter your access code. Allow our proctor to get you back into your exam once you reenter your username and password
You are ready to begin!
• Remember you can always review this presentation again if that will help you feel more comfortable.
• If you are ready, please click on the link below.
HESI A2 Exam
Welcome to the HESI A2 General Information Test Information Helpful Hints and Materials Submit and Pause Button Take a deep breath! How to get to your exam Sign in screen Access Code Slide Number 10 Disclosure and Optional Information Home screen Calculator Common Issues and what to do? You are ready to begin!