Woods Portfolio (School Portfolio)
Post on 10-May-2015
- 1.ELEMENTAL DESIGN PORTFOLIO Hm 1 HOME We 2 WELCOME Fs 4 DESIGN PHILOSOPHY Da 5 DIGITAL APPLICATIONS Cd 6 COMMERCIAL DESIGN Rd 7 RESUM & REFERENCES HELEN WOODS, ASSOC.IIDA RESIDENTIAL DESIGN Ct 9 CONTACTS/ TESTIMONIALS 205.595.1912 Home Phone 205.585.6551 Cell Phone [email_address] Dp 3 FUNDAMENTALS Re 8
- Organic Elements:
- The Chemistry of Design
- All of the elements that make a design are processes (stages) that must build upon each other and work together to create a solid, cohesive design.Just like in chemistry ions have to attach themselves to each other or build onto each other to createcomplete molecular compounds or atoms.
In Hm 1 The Idea Behind Elemental Design 3. DESIGN PHILOSOPHY Dp Design Philosophy Interior design is all about human behavior and human interaction.The goal is to formulate design that is practical, aesthetic and conductive to the intended purposes through consideration of the following factors: Anthropometrics & Ergonomics Providing a environment that is specific to human behavior with goals involving increasing productivity and improving psychological factors such as improving ones lifestyle Proxemics Designing with a regard to the physical space and social context Sustainable Design Specification of recycled, renewable and low-impact materials Support local vendors Universal Design All spaces must adhere to codes and regulatory requirements Designing for today and tomorrow= sustainable designed project = universally designed project Hm 1 4. Hm 1 FUNDAMENTALS Dr Drafting Sp Space Planning Cf CAD Fundamentals 5.
- Hand drafted a ramp, a stair section, and a stair detail
- Field measured ramp
- Applied hatching
- Dimensioned ramp elevation, stair section and stair detail
Re Ramp Elevation Hm 1 Ss Stair Section and Detail Objectives Dr 2 6. Ks Kitchen Cabinet Section Floor Plan Cabinet Section Hm 1 7.
- Space plan interior walls/areas/offices
- Provide adequate and required furniture
- Create entrances and exits
Cc Computer Company Objectives Building Shell Hm 1 Cc 2 8.
- Reception/Waiting Area
- Conference Room
- Regional Manager Office
- Two (2) District Manager Offices
- Three (3) Service Agent Offices
- Office Area for Clerical Staff
- Employee Lounge
- Files/Storage/Mail/Copy Room
- Maintenance Division
- Research and assess the needs of the employees and spaces
- Provide adequate furniture for the employees and spaces
- Utilize systems and modular furniture where possible
Sp Space Plan Fp Furniture Plan Furniture Plan Main ObjectivesInterior Requirements for Space Plan Hm 1 9.
- To manipulate line, shape and pattern
- To create a motif based 2D design
- To explore the versatility of CAD
- Research pattern and motif as a system for creating designs
- Design a pattern on a grid made of 1-0 x1-0 squares that is 6-0 x 8-0 overall
- Render the design using layers as tools
Dr Decorative Rug Tv Three Variations Objectives Cf 2 Hm 1 10. Cr Cottage Retreat Cf 3 Hm 1 11.
- Using correct text styles
- Applying the correct line types
- Layer management
- Drawing appliances, furniture, and plumbing fixtures
- Assigning attributes to the furniture andcreating w-blocks
- Purging the drawing
Ah ADA Guest House Objectives Hm 1 12. Hm 1 DIGITAL APPLICATIONS Pp Photoshop Ld Logo Designs 13. Pf Fundamentals Original Picture Original Picture Brushed Glass Filter Original Picture After Picture After Picture Wood Cut Contour Drawing Sepia Fun with Brushes Burn & Dodge Technique Hm 1 14. Ld Logo Designs Hm 1 15. Hm 1 Hc Healthcare Hs Hospitality Of Offices COMMERCIAL DESIGN 16.
- Furniture Plan
- Electrical/Data Plan
- Reflected Ceiling Plan
- VCT Floor Pattern Plan
Hc Health Clinic Objectives Hc 2 Hm 1 This health clinic is a place where terminally ill patients receive transfusions and therapy to help their quality of life as much as possible. 17.
- Research and assess the needs of the employees, patients and spaces
- Provide budget-friendly furniture for the spaces
- Specify calm and soothing fabrics/finishes to make the patients time in the clinic more comfortable
Fp Furniture Plan Hm 1 Hc 3 Furniture Plan Main Objectives 18.
- Explore the electrical and data requirements and standards for hospitals and healthcare clinics
- Provide emergency backup outlets for specified areas including the lab
- Economical 2 x 4 fluorescent lighting plan
Ep Electrical/Data Plan Hc 4 Hm 1 Rp Reflected Ceiling Plan Electrical/Data Plan Features: Reflected Ceiling Plan Features: 19. Fs Finish Plan Hc 5 FINISH LEGEND P1=General Wall Paint P2=Accent Wall Paint Hm 1 Vp VCT Floor Pattern Plan 20. Pb Presentation Board ABC Hospital Health Clinic Dr. Williams Designed by: Helen Woods General Wall Paint Accent Wall Paint Trim PaintAccent VCT Main Flooring VCT Accent VCT Restroom Tile Accent Wall Tile Waiting Area Chairs & Upholstery Interview/Patient Room Chairs & Chair Upholstery Furniture Finish Countertop Cabinet Chassis Finish Nurse Chairs Nurse Chair Upholstery Exam Room Side Chairs & Upholstery Hm 1 21.
- The total square footage of the skybox is 4200 square feet.
- The main level of the skybox is 2400 square feet and consists of an 1800 square foot level area at the entry off of the stadium concourse and stepped viewing platforms.
- The upper level is also accessed from a stadium concourse, but your client has also had an elevator installed to connect the two levels within the skybox.
- The upper level has 1800 square feet of level area at the entry off of the concourse. There are no viewing platforms on the upper levelthis area is open to the lower level and it functions somewhat like a loft space over the main level.
Es Edge Studios Skybox Es 2 Building Description: Hm 1 22.
- Conference Room
- Public Restroom
- Residential Studio Suite
- Residential Studio Bath
- Main Lobby
- Unisex Barrier-Free Restroom
- Entertainment Area
- Catering Kitchen
- Coat Closets
- Storage Closet
- Viewing Platforms
Sp First and Second Floor Space Plans Es 3 First Floor Features: Second Floor Features: Hm 1 23. Fp First and Second Floor Furniture Plans Es 4 Hm 1 24. Lp First and Second Floor Lighting Plans Es 5 Hm 1 25. Cp First and Second Floor Ceiling Plans Es 6 Hm 1 26. Lc Lighting/Ceiling Plan Es 7 Hm 1 27. Ip First and Second Floor Finish Plans Es 8 Hm 1 28. Ev Elevations Es 9 Hm 1 29. Ev Elevations Es 10 Hm 1 30. Ev Elevations Es 11 Hm 1 31. Ts Two Story Section Es 12 Hm 1 32. Td Three Dimensional Drawing Es 13 Conference Room Hm 1 33. Pb Presentation Boards Hm 1 34.
- Space Plan
- Electrical/Data Plan
- Reflected Ceiling Plan
- Furniture Plan
Cs Chairmans Suite Cs 2 Objectives Building Shell Hm 1 35.
- One corner office
- Four additional offices
- Copy room with built in base and upper cabinets, and a copier
- One large office to hold three people, some who may be part time
- Secondary exit
- 1 x 1 ceiling grid
- 2 x 4 economical fluorescent lighting plan
- Recessed lights in important areas
Sp Space Plan Cs 3 Program Rp Reflected Ceiling Plan Hm 1 Features 36.
- Reception Area: U-group for secretary, five 36 lateral files and seating for four
- Conference Room: Table to seat 12 and a serving buffet/credenza
- Chairmans Office: Double pedestal desk, two guest chairs, conference table to seat six and a sitting area consisting of a loveseat or sofa and two lounge chairs
- Typical Offices: U or L desk, one guest chair and one 36 five drawer lateral file
Cs 4 Dp Furniture and Data/Electrical Plan ProgramHm 1 37. Ss Specification Sheets Hm 1 38.
- Space Plan
- Furniture Plan
- Electrical/Data Plan*
- Reflected Ceiling Plan*
Os Orthopedic & Podiatry Suites Hm 1 Objectives Os 2 This office space consists of two divisions, the orthopedic division and the podiatry division.Each division has its own secretaries, directors, doctors, nurses, and waiting areas.Shared spaces include the restrooms, break room, copy/mail room, and IT department. * not shown in portfolioSpace Plan 39.
- Directors office
- Directors secretary space
- Directors nurse space
- Waiting area
- Conference Room
- Ten doctorsoffices
- Five doctor secretaries in systems furniture
- 11 doctor nurses in systems furniture
- Six fellows office space with lockers
- Two file rooms
- Directors office
- Waiting area with two lateral files
- Three doctors
- Three nurses
Sp Furniture and Space Plan Os 3 Hm 1 Orthopedic Division Program Podiatry Division Program 40. Pb Presentation Board Hm 1 General Wall Paint Accent Wall Paint Trim PaintCarpet VCT Wall Base Break Room Cabinet Finish Break Room Countertop Mocha Wood Furniture Finish Waiting Area Lounge Chair Waiting Area Lounge Chair Upholstery Conference Room Granite Table Top Conference Room Table Base and Chairs Conference Room Chair Upholstery Orthopedic Secretary Stations Station Panel Fabric Station Paint Finish Orthopedic Nurse Stations Doctor Desks Doctor Chairs Chair Upholstery Doctor Guest Chairs Podiatry Doctor Guest Chair Upholstery OrthopedicDoctorGuest Chair Upholstery FellowDesks Fellow Chairs Fellow Chair Upholstery Copy/Mail RoomModular Cabinetry Cabinet Finish Countertop Podiatry Nurses and Directors Secretary Desks Nurse Chairs Nurse Chair Upholstery 41. RESIDENTIAL DESIGN Hm 1 Kr KitchenRe-design Pr Parr Residence 42.
- The Smiths have purchased a 1930s bungalow.It is in its original state with its original appliances and cabinets in the kitchen.The Smiths want to rework the kitchen/mudroom/den space.
- New appliances
- New cabinets
- A space for the family to eat (two parents, two small children)
- Washer and dryer
- Access to the (new) back deck
Kr Kitchen Re-design Hm 1 ProjectRequirements: Kr 2 43.
- Reassign space in an older house for the current lifestyle of a new family.
- Plan the kitchen layout based on pre-engineered cabinetry.
Kr Kitchen Re-design Objective Demolition Plan Hm 1 New Floor Plan 44. Ages:Grant, 66 years old Helen, 64 years old Job descriptions: Grant-Heart surgeon and hospital administrator Helen-Philanthropist, teaches at local church, and manages the house. Pets:German Sheppard named Hank. Interests: Grants interests include fly-fishing, photography, travel, scuba diving, sailing, wine, and vacations that combine them all. Helen enjoys her philanthropy work, travel, theology, and being active in community organizations. Religion: Presbyterian A typical day*: Grant gets up at about 5am and is at the hospital at about 6am. He is involved in surgery, hospital affairs, and meeting colleagues all day.Although he cannot perform surgery anymore due to a car accident he still consults on surgeries.Grant arrives home between 6pm and 7pm where upon they eat Helens prepared dinner.They talk or read and then go to bed. Helen spends her mornings in community affairs or at the church.In the afternoon she runs errands or does things around the house.She prepares dinner for when Grant will be home.They are both in bed by about 9pm. *This is a typical day when they are not traveling. Lifestyle: They lead a fairly casual lifestyle, but do some formal entertaining as well as travel a great deal. Special activities or interests that will affect use of space: Because of Grants car accident and because Helen has diabetes, they do need an exercise room.Grant requires physical therapy and Helen needs to maintain a daily exercise routine.In addition to an exercise room, a lap pool would be ideal.They will need to walk the dog at night and in the morning. Special equipment needed: Due to the age of couple and the car accident, a residential elevator should be considered. Style:Their residence in Morristown, New Jersey is in the French Country style.Their vacation residence is more of a beach bungalow.Therefore, for this residence, they would like to go modern/contemporary. Pr Parr Residence Pr 2 Dr. and Mrs. Grant Parr Client Profile Names: Dr. Grant Van Siclen Parr and Helen Frye Parr Residence: Morristown, New Jersey Vacation Residence: Boca Grande, Florida Reason for an additional residence: Grant and Helen lived in Birmingham for quite a while. Grant received some of his medical training and education from the University of Alabama, Hospitals and Clinics.He was a cardiovascular and thoracic surgery resident as well as a resident in the department of surgery.They also have family and friends in Birmingham.They would like to visit more often and Grant would like to have his hand in building a sustainable or green residence.He recently helped build a new wing to a hospital and made it as green as possible. Hm 1 45.
- Living room with fireplace featuring raised environmental terrazzo platform, built in bookcases, and water element
- Kitchen with the energy saving appliances and a countertop made out of recycled materials
- Daytona pneumatic vacuum elevator
- Master bathroom with two adaptable design features
- Master bedroom with plenty of storage room and exercise space
- Deck with seating area
- Endless Pools lap pool for therapy purposes
- Open loft area
- Desk area for office
- Sectional sofa and entertainment area forwatching movies
- Pool table and bench
- Large storage area
Pr Parr Residence Pr 3 Hm 1 First Floor Furniture Plan Second Floor Furniture Plan Site Plan in Homewood, AL First Floor Features Second Floor Features 46. Pb Parr Residence Presentation Board Hm 1 General Wall Paint Cork Flooring Solar Window Treatment Decorative Window Treatment Overlay Living Room Area Rug Living Room Marble Table Tops Terrazzo Fireplace and Kitchen Counters Kitchen Bar Stools Bar Stool Leather Trim Paint Living Room Sofa Living Room Sofa Upholstery Living Room Chair Upholstery Living Room Chairs BeddingThrow Pillows Bedding Throw Pillows Bedding Custom Cabinetry Solar Window Treatments Decorative Window Treatment Overlay Master Bedroom Side Chairs Master Bedroom Side Chair Upholstery Master Bath Countertop Master Bath Flooring 47. Hm 1 RESUM & REFERENCES Re Resum Rf References 48. A position as an interior designer with a dynamic firm that will allow me to utilize my skills and abilities.Strengths and special interests include technical application, sustainable design, and universal design.HELEN WOODS 205.595.1912 Home 205.585.6551 Cell [email_address] OBJECTIVE EDUCATION Bachelor of Science, Psychology: Clinical and Counseling May 2005 Averett University, Danville, VA SKILLS & ABILITIES 627 45th Street SouthBirmingham, AL35222
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Interior Design-December 2008
- BFA degree accredited by Council for Interior Design Accreditation (formerly FIDER)
- Virginia College, Birmingham, AL GPA-3.86/4.0
- Honors: Presidents List, Deans List, ASID Student Member, IIDA Student Member
- Relevant Coursework:
- Manual Architectural Drafting
- Space Planning
- Building Construction
- Sustainable Design
- Attended training for design specification software (CAP) and product training for Teknion and Kimball systems furniture
- Retain communication with staff through weekly/ monthly newsletters
- Created departmental standards and procedures for a more efficient run operation
- Interior Lighting
- Computer-aided Drafting
- Materials & Finishes
- Residential Design
- Commercial Design
- Business for Interior Designers
- Kitchen & Bath Design
- Universal Design
- Committed, industrious with high degree of resourcefulness
- Works within deadlines, both independently and as a team player
- Goal-oriented and coachable with a desire to learn
- Communicates ideas effectively and diplomatically
- Project skills include: Demolition plans, dimensioning, elevations, electrical/data plans, reflected ceiling plans, cabinet sections, section details, furniture plans, furniture specifications and finish/presentation boards.
- Proficient with IBM/PC and Mac
- Software: MS PowerPoint, MS Publisher,MS Word, MS Excel, AutoCAD 2008 and CAP
- Have worked with the following programs/software:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader, Adobe Photoshop,
- 20/20 Technologies Kitchen & Bath andGoogle Sketch Up
EXPERIENCE CAD/Design/Librarian S eptember 2007-June 2009 Innovative Office Solutions, A Church and Stagg Company
- Responsibilities include: Space planning furniture, furniture specifications & pricing, installation drawings, panel configurations, panel reconfigurations, 3D drawings (using CAP), presentation materials and maintaining design libraries at both locations
- Projects include: Regions Bank, University of Alabama, Alabama Power, Auburn University, Various local middle schools and high schools, SoHoand Troy Universityand University of South Alabama
Rf 2 49. REFERENCESHelen Woods, Assoc. IIDA [email_address] 205.595.1912 Home Phone 205.585.6551 Cell Phone Jamie Stone, ASID Registered ID #71 Program Director Virginia College School of Interior Design P.O. Box 19249 Birmingham, AL 35219 205.802.1581[email_address] Carol Grimes Office Manager Innovative Office Solutions 3421 6 thAvenue South Birmingham, AL 35222 205.328.0639 Phone [email_address] Sarah Williams Registered ID #252 Instructor/Interior Designer/Project Manager 1134 Karl Daly Trace Birmingham, AL 35210 205.410.8268 [email_address] Victor Greene District Account Manager National Office Furniture 1296 Arlene Court Lilburn, GA 30047 [email_address] Karen Tortorigi Interior Designer, NCIDQ Certified Church & Stagg 3421 6 thAvenue South Birmingham, AL 35233 205.328.0639 [email_address] Bart Mackey A & D Sales Representative/Territory Manager Teknion [email_address] Hm 1 50. Ct 2 Hm 1 CONTACTS/TESTIMONIALS 51. Helen is a perfectionist.Her work is complete and accurate.There is no need to worry about mistakes on work that Helen does.She is very attentive to detail and organized in her thoughts.Helen is very goal-oriented.She enjoys learning, new tasks and running with them.She has a very positive attitude. Kim Easter, Designer Innovative Office Solutions 205.328.0639 Hm 1 I have worked with Helen for a year now and find that she pays attention to detail and has a passion about her work.She is extremely willing to take on whatever task she has been asked to accomplish.She is mature and responsible. Karen Tortorigi, IIDANCIDQ Certified Designer Church & Stagg 205.251.2951 Helen is a driven person that always executes tasks with responsibility, precision, and integrity.She is able to accountably lead others as well as be the supportive role on projects.Her personality, skills, and ability to communicate allow her to be a great team member and an asset to any organization. Courtney Spencer, Designer 334.652.8573 Helen is awesome! Bart Mackey,Teknion Representative[email_address] Very seldom do I have the opportunity to work with individuals who have a real passion for all aspects of their work environment like Helen displays.Helen is a quick learner along with possessing superior organizational skills.Helen is very intuitive in regards to planning ahead and making sure details are handled way before the need is apparent to others.Helen is without a doubt an outstanding team player. Victor Greene National District Manager [email_address] 52. Thank You Hm 1 Thank you for taking the time to review my portfolio and learn about me.Helen Woods, Assoc. IIDA [email_address] 205.595.1912 Home Phone 205.585.6551 Cell Phone 627 45 thStreet South Birmingham, AL 35222