7 steps to implementing mobile into your 2012 marketing mix
Post on 15-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONMobile marketing has grown in the last few years. No longer is it just sending text messages, it's become a way of life for many people. The variety of platforms, features, and behaviors for each can be overwhelming, but it is important to embrace this channel and ensure your customers can access the information in the platform of their choice. Learn how to implement mobile marketing into your strategies and initiatives.
- 1. 7 Steps to Implementing Mobile into your 2012 Marketing Mix By Lorel Marketing Group 2012
- People use the mobile phone to run their lives making calls, exchanging text messages, sending photos, getting directions, surfing the Internet and checking email.
- While consumers of all ages own mobile devices, mobile marketing still requires understanding the target market and what it does with these devices.
- Lorl Marketing Group suggests these ideas to get started in the right direction with your mobile marketing strategy.
7 Steps to Implementing Mobile into your 2011 Marketing Mix 3.
- 1. Define the Strategy
- Understand your mobile users, their behavior and usage.
- Leverage the mobile platform and enable consumers to do what they like
7 Steps to Implementing Mobile into your 2011 Marketing Mix 4.
- 2. Determine the Communication
- Leverage the existing channels that you already use with your customers email, direct mail, point-of-sale advertising, banners, websites and print ads
- Get customers to interact or respond via their mobile phone
- Clearly state the basic steps required to engage
- Launch it as part of an integrated campaign instead of a stand-alone effort
7 Steps to Implementing Mobile into your 2011 Marketing Mix 5.
- 3. Understand the True Cost
- Mobile marketing is not cheap for anyone
- Not all customers have unlimited plans
- A typical mobile campaign will require 4 SMS messages:
- SMS 1 to start the request to opt-in
- SMS 2 back to the consumer to notify of the request
- SMS 3 to have the consumer confirm
- SMS 4 to welcome the consumer to the program, before the engagement begins
7 Steps to Implementing Mobile into your 2011 Marketing Mix 6.
- 4. Allow the Customer to Choose
- The subscriber has to opt-in to your mobile marketing program.
- Gain approval to message your customer
7 Steps to Implementing Mobile into your 2011 Marketing Mix 7.
- 5. Allow Customers to Manage the Communication
- Allow customers to profile how and when they would like to be messaged
- Maintain a reasonable frequency
- Keep message short and direct
7 Steps to Implementing Mobile into your 2011 Marketing Mix 8.
- 6. Manage Consumer Data with Respect
- Use the data to drive segmentation and personalization
- Tailor the message to the interest of the consumer
- Commit and state clearly that you will not share the consumers information with others, i.e., nonaffiliated third parties.
7 Steps to Implementing Mobile into your 2011 Marketing Mix 9.
- 7. Make the Offer Relevant and Valuable
- When you develop your offer for the campaign, make sure that it is something of value in return for the objective of the communication campaign.
7 Steps to Implementing Mobile into your 2011 Marketing Mix 10.
- A Closing Remark:
- The key to mobile marketing success is to be very customer-centric and provide relevant information and engagement that is driven by the protocol of the mobile device.
- Your motivation needs to be transparent and your offer needs to be clearly stated.
7 Steps to Implementing Mobile into your 2011 Marketing Mix 11. Want to jump start your marketing strategy and programs? Lorel Marketing Group can help you get started with a no-cost discovery meeting that can align your goals with a vision for your success. Care to learn more? Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org Lorel Marketing Group Graphic Arts Building 590 North Gulph Road Valley Forge, PA 19406 (610) 337-2343 www.lorel.com Facebook: www.facebook.com/lorelmarketing Twitter: www.twitter.com/lorelmarketing Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/companies/lorel-marketing-group