advanced selling strategies
out of 34
Post on 17-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
- Advanced Selling Strategies Matt Ledwith Director Top Seller Development
- Important Information 2007 eBay Inc. All rights reserved. No part of these materials may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior permission of eBay Inc. eBay, eBay Live!, and the eBay logo are registered trademarks of eBay Inc. PayPal and the PayPal logo are registered trademarks of PayPal Inc. Other trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Please do not take our picture or record the class without asking permission.
- Agenda Structuring Your Business on eBay Marketing and MerchandisingThinking Like Your Buyer Scaling and Growing Your Business Summary Q&A
- Structuring Your Business on eBay A business on eBay is like any other business Find the right items to sell Manage your inventory and determine where and how to sell Observe and outperform your competitors Provide world-class customer support You need to experiment, measure and repeat Theres not one best practice that works for all products all of the time
- Understanding the eBay Marketplace eBays Seller Central and seller communications Top buyers searches by category Hot, in-demand items New releases and promotions PowerUp Off-line Newsletter sharing best practices www.ebay.com/optin www.ebay.com/sellercentral
- eBay Sales Reports Plus Free tool for all sellers Understand the main drivers of your business Measure results against goals Identify areas of opportunity/ improvement Tip: eBay Accounting Assistant saves valuable time by exporting eBay and PayPal transaction and fee data to QuickBooks
- Stores Traffic Reports & Marketplace Research eBay Stores Traffic Reports Understand which items buyers visit and are searching for Optimize your listing titles and pages Cross-promote your most popular listings eBay Marketplace Research Make data-based sourcing and selling decisions Reports sales trends for products Includes Average Sold Price, Items Sold, Items Listed www.ebay.com/storefronts/traffic-reports.html www.ebay.com/marketplace_research
- Third-Party Marketplace Data Providers eBay data providers Terapeak (www.terapeak.com) Mpire Researcher (www.mpire.com) Andale (www.andale.com) Hammertap (www.hammertap.com) Available data includes: Closed listings pricing info Category-specific data Sales trends Hot-selling products and categories
- Finding Merchandise to Sell Reseller Marketplace A B2B marketplace for PowerSellers to source for resale Sellers: manufacturers, liquidators, wholesalers Benefits: Great values Buy in lots for resale No long-term or volume minimums www.ebay.com/reseller
- Additional Sources of Supply Trade showsfind a trade show in your industry www.Tsnn.com Resell used goodsestate sales www.ustreas.gov/auctions/customs Buy directlyfind a distributor and buy direct www.thomasnet.com Find wholesale suppliers www.WorldwideBrands.com/Importing Trading Assistantssell on behalf of others www.ebay.com/tradingassistants
- Structuring Your Business on eBay Use the resources on eBay to understand which products are in high demand Investigate third-party market research tools Let your research drive the products, categories and prices at which you sell Experiment, measure and repeat! Get the right product, in the right place at the right time!
- Marketing & Merchandising Thinking like your buyer
- Thinking Like Your Buyer Drive buyers to your items Develop effective eBay listings Price your items to attract buyers Promote your eBay store Use eBay Express Keep buyers satisfiedand make them repeat customers Customer support Cross-promotion and up-selling Clear and fair shipping prices
- Listing Titles Use all 55 characters Use words people most often use when searching Brands and model Condition, color, style, size Use browse words NR or No Reserve Free Shipping Offer several points of entry Shawl and wrap Notebook and laptop Utilize Subtitles where appropriate
- Item Descriptions Provide all data that buyers need to make a decision in one place Repeat item title Include complete product info Use item specifics when available Provide clear payment info Clearly state shipping costs and time frames Include links to your eBay Store Item Description is the most valuable tool for creating search engine-friendly listings!
View more >