binary studio academy 2013 php group (egor)
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONGraduation project of Binary Studio Academy 2013. PHP group. Corporate social network
Binary Studio Academy 2013 Project: Corporate Social Network
Egor (coach) Ilya
About project Our project is a corporate social network
• Confidentiality of information
• Only necessary functions
• Full independence
What are the key features of the project?
• Work simplification and fun
What is the main difference of this social network?
This social network is not for everyone
Wow, where is the registration button?
How do I register?
There is only one way – via the invitation from administration
A slight deviation from the registration process
• All project forms contain data validation on both the client and the server
• Most of the errors that come from the server, will be loaded on the page with AJAX
Congratulations, now you are in the social network
So, what can we do?
• Communicate with members of the social network
• Use the library consisting of paper and e-books
• Use the calendar and always be aware of birthdays and important events
• Keep track on what new your colleagues have
• Receive notifications on events, messages, etc.
List of all users sorted by their last activity
User profile page. Each member can send email or message in private conversation.
• Where the unread messages marked with blue color.
• Sorted by messages time. • In the left side are title of
conversation and it's members.
• In the right - last message in this conversation.
Messages of conversation
Create new conversations
• This form, as other forms, opens in a modal window
• The very useful autocomplete for the adding new members
• Unnecessary queries to database from autocomplete not happening
The same technology is used to add users into the already existing conversations
And for add users into the events
Userbox is shown in the right top corner.
• Contains link with the number of unread notifications
• Displays username and avatar.
• Link for editing profile and link for logout
Also all notifications are available in the static page.
They are sorted by date and contain the short description.
• You can edit an event by clicking on the cell of the existing event
• User can see the only events, which the involved with him;
• It is possible to drag and drop events for a quick change of date
• You can create an event by clicking on the cell of the day
A monthly calendar format:
Weekly calendar format
Drag and drop events for a quick change of date
Resize events to change the duration of event
Calendar's agenda page
List of the upcoming events with filter by type of the event. Possible: • adding new event; • editing event; • deleting events; • view information about the
event such as date start (end), description, etc.
Page of the event:
• We can see the full event information;
• Users can leave their comments for the events;
• Possible editing and deleting event.
Each event has its own color.
The interval between the two dates sets the start and duration of the event.
List of members. If you are a creator of this event, you can remove any user.
Title and description
List of types. All types of the events have their default color
Ability to import the events from google calendar into our own calendar.
To do this:
2. copy the link into the field for import
1. take a reference to an XML file with the events from Google Calendar.
3. push the button
Yellow row - someone has already booked this book If a file with the book
was not uploaded then button is crossed out
Gray row – e-book
Green row - the book is available and you can take it
Red row – the book is already taken
Filters and sorting
The administrative side
Just having the necessary privileges, you can access the admin panel
From this panel you can: • manage user accounts; • manage library books; • invite new members.
Red row – this user was blocked
From this list admin can block / unblock, edit and delete any of member Admin can edit any field, user, even password.
• view and manage queues users.
The same colors as the list of books for clients. But we can see more control buttons:
• add new book;
• edit existing book;
• delete existing book;
• return the book;
We can change the type of the book. And load file on the cloud storage by AJAX
Queue on book
List of users who want this book Click on user. Then you can choose return date for book. Then you can save your actions.
Thank you for your attention