content marketing for doctors dentists and practices
out of 25
Post on 23-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONContent marketing for doctors and dentists is the buzz phrase of the year. Whether you’re looking to improve your search engine visibility, inbound traffic, conversions, brand awareness or improved social media profiles, content marketing can help you achieve your goal. You will experience and increase in patient count and be more in control of your online reputation. This presentation is perfect for keynote presentation at medical conferences or use in decision making to expand medical marketing. Al Lautenslager is a best-selling marketing author, speaker and consultant and is passionate about growing your business.
- TheDoctor - Patient Connection Your opportunity to connect with your patient community with your digital footprint
- Emerging Patient Connection Social Media Marketing Content Marketing Engagement
- Connection Old vs. New No more yellow pages Finding docs a few clicks or a few friends
- Today - A Few Clicks Google Facebook Twitter Blogs Linked in Other communities
- Research & Information Today: patients do research before setting up appointments 80% find information online Have a large thirst for information and knowledge Exposed to a doctors electronic information first First impression is very important; more so than before
- Patients are Consumers Today patients are consumers Many choices today Consumers shop, compare, refer and share
- Ways to Create a Good First Impression Creating and publishing high quality content on your digital properties: social media, websites and blogs.
- Content Marketing Goal Be visible to your target market in a positive, helpful, relevant, valuable way
- Content Searched For Online People who search online are looking for: Relevant information that can solve their problems Information to Teach them something new Valuable Information
- Examples of Content Searched For Information on different medical procedures Preparing for various kinds of treatments What to expect from a particular healthcare provider Information for self diagnosis
- Providing Content Is a competitive advantage, especially in a local setting Allows for increased awareness and value with a higher number of potential patients Whats this worth to you?
- What is Content Marketing? Information that is of interest that draws target market patients to you to get that information; usually online content Distribution of the information make it available Engage with the audience content = connection
- What Content Marketing is Not Bland, repetitive content written only for SEO Sales pitches All about me
- Why Content Marketing Caters to potential patients/patients desire for information they want (when they want it and in a form they like). Search engines love it relevancy Lets your target market know who you are and why you are the preferred choice
- Why Content Marketing People choose Doctors based on: Google search Doctors website Facebook/Twitter postings Blog postings Comments from previous or current patients
- Benefit of Content Marketing A steady, consistent, helpful, valuable stream of information linked to the practice/doctor can overcome any negative content by one unsatisfied past patient
- Benefit of Content Marketing You can control your online reputation more Establishes expertise and positioning Cost per lead is 30-40% lower than paid search Value is cumulative
- Competitive Advantage A doctor/practice who wants to dominate online search and become visible to more potential patients who are doing research online rather than reading print media, needs to have a different mindset, approach and strategy. Content Marketing is the answer to that
- How to Market with Content Establish a hub website or blog Subscribed and Shared You own it (not like Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn) Establish social media accounts/pages Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest.yes I said Pinterest Plan It
- Content Marketing Plan Define target market Define what questions they have Define what problems need solved Answer questions in an interesting, compelling, valuable and engaging way How do they want content delivered What content that you have can be repurposed?
- Content Creation Decide on the content Research information from on and offline sources Responses to polls and inquiries FAQs Research competitive information sharing Outsource content development quantity, quality, consistency Concentrate on the target audience interesting and of value
- Developing the Content Write it Repurpose offline and other content Outsource the development
- The Content Accurate & Complete Informative & Useful Valuable & Relevant Trusted you are the go-to source Understandable Shareable
- Other Content Marketing Thoughts Its a long term commitment and process You cant do it all
- Outsourcing Content Marketing Al Lautenslager Content Marketing Expert, Strategist and Enthusiast firstname.lastname@example.org 630-740-1397 http://www.socialmediamedicalmarketing.com http://contentmarketingofficer.wordpress.com Available to Speak at Your Conference
View more >