death by powerpoint - redesigned
out of 64
Post on 11-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONBased on Alexei Kapterev's Death by PowerPoint, which inspired me a whole lot. I was so moved to redesign the pages and make them a little more interesting.
- a letter to presentation killers
- content based on Alexei Kapterevs death by powerpoint www.kapterev.com
- There are 300 million PowerPoint users in the world* *estimate
- They do presentations each day* 30 million *estimate
- About presentations are going on right now* 30 million *estimate
- 50%of them are unbearable**conservative estimate
- LOTS of people are killing each other with NOW...whew! bad presentations.
- They are all DEAD! Well, almost.
- Lets make the world a better place.a better place.
- Why are they doing this ?!
- Research shows:
- Research shows: Bullets dont kill people
- Research shows: People kill people
- Research shows: Unintentionally Yet
- Research shows: regularly
- Mainly due to lack of... Significance Structure Simplicity Rehearsal
- To pass the information? Your boss told you to? Or to make ?meaning Why do you present?
- &why it to you?matters Whats the subject
- significance passion attentionaction How presentations work .......... .......... ..... ..... creates attracts leads to
- check yourself Are you ?passionate
- this is passion
- this is passion
- Cant find the meaning? Dont present.
- Structure is how you place the of your story.building blocks
- Q: What structure to use? a: Any as long as it is:
- Convincing Memorable S c a l a b l e
- Structure choices Problem PathwayPathway Solution
- Structure choices Problem solutionsolution reasoning
- Give supporting your point. 3-4 reasons They will not remember MORE ANYWAY.
- Everything should be made but not simpler as simple as possible EINSTEN
- Apparently, being simple is not simple.that LETS SEE SOME EXAMPLES
- DON'T WORRY, TRYING TO READ WOULDNT REALLY HELP
- hey, weve got connection!
- POWERPOINT HELPS TOPOWERPOINT HELPS TO
- POWERPOINT HELPS TO: Visualize ideas
- Create key points POWERPOINT HELPS TO:
- impress POWERPOINT HELPS TO:
- Prompter Handouts Data dumps they use it as:
- People read faster than you speak. This means you are useless
- 0.00 per Slide Break it into several Its free How much is an extra slide?
- One simple point? Whats the point? Remove everything else.
- Well, some are just hopeless.
- Do you remember the rule: 7 lines per slide or less 7 words per line or less? Well, it is just plain stupid If you follow this rule You get a slide like this Ditch stupid rules
- Do you remember the rule: 7 lines per slide or less 7 words per line or less? Well, it is just plain stupid If you follow this rule You get a slide like this cramped. boring Ditch stupid rules
- Photos, not clipart Simple design rules* One point per slide Few matching colours Very fonts 1 few
- less text
- less text MORE IMAGERY
- less text WILD IMAGERY MORE IMAGERY
- But what if I need to send or print the slides?
- Write a document
- the rule is simple !!!
- Print with notes
- Inform with little text* p * yes you can
- It will never work completely for the first time. Trust me!
- you presentation receipient feedback Go get some
- No audience? Present to the furniture. But Try it.aloud.
- Check the room and equipment.
- All this leads to...
- wow*great stuff!
- Re-designed by EZE IKEDI be.net/kasidyray
View more >