eduson.tv - Искусство презентации
out of 22
Post on 11-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONСоветы Алексея Каптерева по презентациям. Как выступать перед публикой? Автор знаменитой "Death by PowerPoint" делится опытом.
- Case study from Eduson.TV course The art of presentation: an unforgettable motivating story Alexei Kapterev | lecturer at MSU Business School
- never let ience be bored the aud
- never let he audience be bored t w If your speech is dull, then within a fe eir minutes people will start checking th mail or their tablet PCs, look out the window, chat, drowse If you want them to listen to you and remember what you have said and e showed, then it is vital for you to mak your presentation catchy.
- into account take s real needs people
- Take into account peoples real needs t Your audience may want one thing, bu be in need of something absolutely d different (for example, people wishe for faster horses, while what they needed were cars). Likewise, you have to offer your potential customers something that they really need.
- re is the most structu t aspect of a importan presentation
- structure is the most aspect of a presentation Your narration must not be monotonous and evenly loaded; it has to include conflicts and problems. For example, while making a presentation, you may follow the Cinderella plot: grave beginning, improvement, peak scene, another . difficulty, solution and happy ending
- rd the style Rega eech as one of sp mmunication of co tools
- Regard the style of speech as one of communication tools It is important to understand that a ent presentation is not an official docum or a scientific publication in an to professional magazine. Your address l the audience should be an emotiona story.
- Avoid data pileup
- avoid data pileup ts emely complicated arguments with lo Extr and of voluminous calculations, valuations of columns will scare away the majority people by their mere sight. tation The information provided in a presen should be as simple as possible. Complex data and long texts may be provided in handout materials.
- ur audience Motivate yo to act
- otivate your audience M to act It is not sufficient just to tell people ur something and convince them that yo conclusions are right. eally, as a result of your presentation, Id d they will start buying your product an ur companys services; they will feel use yo that they have to do something in ms. connection with the discussed proble
- ance between Strike a bal d motivation information an
- e a bal ance between strik information and motivation You cannot warm up your audience t and motivate them to act if you do no provide them with any data - what, how, where and how much. At the same time, you cannot provide them with information only. e To find a balance between them is on the principal and most difficult tasks. of
- concentr ate do not cor ations on de
- do not concentr ate on decor ations It is not the font beauty or background color that matters. The important thing is whether the text, tablets and diagrams help to hieve the goal of your presentation. ac In most cases, a simple slide design is the best solution.
- resentation finish your p with fl air
- your presentation finish with fl air most The final is the most difficult and the rtant part of the presentation. The impo conclusion has to provide a resume of ideas, call for action and, the same spoken of e, influence the audience at the level tim emotions and values. ample, what Steve Jobs sold to his For ex n dience with the help of a presentatio au e was not so much the iPod itself as th cool feeling of being forward-minded and that this gadget brings.
- do not fear using humor
- do not fear using humor ely jokes ad self-irony will help you to Tim n create a positive mood for presentatio perception among the audience. The best example is Al Gores t Inconvenient Truth, for which he go obel Prize and that became a subject the N . r an Oscar-winning documentary film fo Gore spent 6 out of 16 minutes on a p performance to create a positive standu impression.
- take a course today!
View more >