effects of election on economy
out of 13
Post on 07-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. HOW DO ELECTIONS AFFECT OUR ECONOMY?
- 2. Election is a standard decision making process where citizens choose an individual to hold public office. It reflects the modern system of democracy. Elections may fill offices in: Executive Legislature Judiciary
- 3. An Economy is the state of a region in terms of PRODUCTION & CONSUMPTION of GOODS & SERVICES and the supply of MONEY. It is a set of processes involving culture values, education, technological evolution, history, social organisation, political structure and Legal systems.
- 4. 0 500 1000 1500 2000 2500 3000 3500 4000 1952 1957 1977 1980 1989 1991 1996 1998 1999 2009 2014 Total Expenditure Total Expenditure
- 5. The economy typically slows down ahead of elections.
- 6. PRE AND POST ELECTION EFFECT ON ECONOMY
- 7. The slowdown in investment and economic activity.
- 8. Government spending went up in an average election year.
View more >
Law in GLobaL PoLiticaL economy Heterodoxy ?· Finance and Political Economy 10. Dynamics and Effects…
The Election & the Economy - ?· The Election & the Economy John Van Reenen (Professor of Economics,…
Age structure effects on the economy - OECD. structure effects on the economy Thomas Lindh Research Director and Professor in Economics
The U.S. in 2008: The Election and the Economy I. Demographic data II. U.S. political process III. 2008 election IV. State of U.S. economy