EPortfolios at the University of Wollongong Reviewing the progress of a campus-wide ePortfolio rollout.
Post on 17-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- ePortfolios at the University of Wollongong Reviewing the progress of a campus-wide ePortfolio rollout
- Slide 2
- 2 Presenter Ms Sarah Lambert Project Manager Student ePortfolio Project University of Wollongong Australia Slambert@uow.edu.au
- Slide 3
- 3 Collection Selection Reflection and Presentation of Students best work
- Slide 4
- 4 UoW and ePortfolios strategically exploring electronic portfolios since 2002 Home-grown database product in 2002/03 Recommendations to further explore build/buy options in 2004
- Slide 5
- 5 2002/02 product
- Slide 6
- 6 Many drivers Commitment to Graduate Attributes Employment trends Rise in Professional Skills, course accreditation Interest in ePortfolios to facilitate reflection on learning and the university experience AUQA
- Slide 7
- 7 UoW approach Academic integration for quality uptake Focus on embedding in programs Focus on urgent discipline needs with external accreditation pressures Discipline specific Professional Skills Look into offering an optional open to any student ePortfolio later Leverage excitement in new Graduate Qualities Outcome of campus-wide review
- Slide 8
- 8 ePortfolio - range of tools 2006 wiki/blog Paper based and design portfolios 2007 Blackboard Portfolio for Vista Structured word or ppt docs Skills-checks using LMS quiz or xls Continued use of paper-based
- Slide 9
- 9 2007 version
- Slide 10
- 10 2007 experience Concerns re what happens after graduation Export options not mature enough Waiting on Carrick framework for interoperability No post-graduation hosting service Low/minimal student usage theyre not excited about the tool we did it in class but I doubt they looked at it again Staff concerned re time required to get up to speed with new tool thats not my job Still patchy usage of eLearning systems Showing strong preference for using familiar tools the winner was the rich class discussion we had about graduate qualities and professional skills, and career development
- Slide 11
- 11 2008 Offer a choice of tools dependant on task, need, students, staff preference Look at Pebblepad and OSP and others as part of ongoing watching brief Not afraid to move to new tools Each cohort stands alone Waiting for standardised frameworks to emerge Focus on working with staff to design quality ePortfolio tasks It was never about the tool It was always about developing ePortfolio culture
View more >
Why ePortfolios? Student Perceptions of ePortfolio ? Why ePortfolios? Student Perceptions of ePortfolio
EPortfolios. Introduction to ePortfolios Your ePortfolio will be a unique presentation of your educational career. The ePortfolio is a unique tool that.
EPortfolios and graduate recruitment in the tertiary sector Reflections from the University of Wollongong experience.
EPortfolio Otterbein University. What is ePortfolio? ePortfolios are platforms for students, faculty and alumni, to showcase their work and ideas. ePortfolios.
EPortfolios. Ambition in Action www.sit.nsw.edu.au ePortfolios /What is an ePortfolio /Examples of ePortfolios /RPL & ePortfolios /What is digital evidence?
THE UNIVERSITY OF BRITISH COLUMBIA UBC Campus-Wide E-Portfolios: Community Building and Pilot Projects Power of EPortfolios as Enterprise Systems and Community.
ePortfolios in the Faculty of Dentistry Didactic choices ePortfolio special project International Peer Review.
WOLLONGONG RECORD OF CONSULTATION - ? Good educational facilities / hospitals/ university and innovation campus etc a) ... world class university c) ... WOLLONGONG RECORD OF CONSULTATION