Finding Opportunities in a Web 2.0 World
out of 19
Post on 01-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONThis presentation teaches students why and how to use Twitter in their internship and job search.
- 1. Welcome! Finding Opportunities in a Web 2.0 World Kristina Sanchez Assistant Director, Employer Relations, Pomona College
- 2. Agenda
- Review Twitter
- Discuss reasons why to use Twitter
- Show tools and tips
- Next steps
- 3. Advantages Why Twitter?
- Utilized heavily in U.S. and across the world
- Offers new ways to find opportunities and network
- Recruiters use Twitter because they think college students use this site
- Its one of the fastest growing phenomena on the internet
- -New York Times
- 4. Twitter Who is using it? What are they posting?
- 5. Twitter
- 6. Twitter
- Why are employers using it?
- Cheaper alternative to big online job boards
- Small organizations that dont have a careers section of their web and cant afford a job board will advertise here.
- Target social-media-savvy job hunters and convey an innovative image
- Employers think college students are using Twitter
- 7. Twitter
- Why should you care?
- Offers the chance to interact one-on-one with recruiters
- Stay up-to-the minute with new job notifications
- You know for sure that the organization is actively recruiting for this position
- Offers students the chance to research what is happening and what is being said about an organization
- 8. Sample Twitter Posts
- 9. Twitter
- Accenture @Accenture_Jobs ACULIS, Inc. @aculis ADP @ADPCareers Allstate Insurance @AllstateCareers Assurant Solutions @AssurantCareers AT&T @ATTjobs Burger King @BKCareers comScore @comScoreJobs Davita, Inc. @DaVitaJobs Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu @JoinDeloitteUS Ecolab @Ecolab_Jobs EMC @EMCCareers EMC @EMCCollege Ernst & Young @Ernst_and_Young Follett Software Co. @FSCCareers Forrester Research, Inc. @forresterjobs Fullhouse Interactive @fullhousecareer Hershey Company @HersheyCompany Hewitt @HewittCareers Hyatt Hotels & Resorts @Hyattcareers Hyatt San Antonio @HyattSanAntonio Intel @JobsatIntel J.B. Hunt @WeHaveFreight Kaplan Test Prep Services @KTPA_Careers Keller Williams Realty @KWCareers
- Kissito Post-Acute Care @kissitocareers KPMG @KPMG KPMG @KPMGUSCareers Wipro, LTD @WiproCareers Kroger @KrogerWorks LexisNexis @LN_Recruiting Mattel @MattelRecruiter Mattel @mattelmba McCormick & Schmick @Careers_At_MSSR Microsoft @JobsBlog MTV Networks @MTVnetworksjobs MTV Games @MTVGamesJobs Raytheon @Raytheon_Jobs Razorfish @RazorfishJobs Sodexo @SodexoCareers Spotsylvania Medical Center @CareersAtSRMC Thomson Reuters @TRCareers Twitter (of course!) @jobs United Parcel Service @UPSjobs UPMC @UPMCCareers US Dept. of State @DOScareers Verizon @VerizonCareers Warner Brothers @WBCareers Wipro, LTD @WiproCareers
- 10. Twitter Handles/Avatars StudentJobs SummerJob GreenBizJobs GreenCollarJob SoCalLawCareers HireBioMedical IdealistJobsCA Doscareers journalism_jobs GetGraDesigJobs Artsjobs Publishingjobs WorkInSports jobs_NY_film GetMarReseaJobs SocialMediaJob How do you find these handles/avatars?
- 11. Using Twitters Search StudentJobs SummerJob GreenBizJobs GreenCollarJob SoCalLawCareers HireBioMedical IdealistJobsCA Doscareers journalism_jobs GetGraDesigJobs Artsjobs Publishingjobs WorkInSports jobs_NY_film GetMarReseaJobs SocialMediaJob How do you find these handles/avatars?
- 12. TweetMyJobs.com StudentJobs SummerJob GreenBizJobs GreenCollarJob SoCalLawCareers HireBioMedical IdealistJobsCA Doscareers journalism_jobs GetGraDesigJobs Artsjobs Publishingjobs WorkInSports jobs_NY_film GetMarReseaJobs SocialMediaJob How do you find these handles/avatars?
- 13. Using Peoplebrwsr
- 14. TwitterJobSearch
- 16. Twitter Handles/Avatars Articles: http://www.stumbleupon.com/s/#26oUpZ/jobmob.co.il/blog/twitter-lists-job-search//
- 17. Twitter by Email
- 18. How to Get Started
- Go through the links/articles on from this presentation
- Keep searching for new handles. Set up your own Twitter account and then follow those handles.
- Search the web on a regular basis for new lists of handles
- Make sure your interactions with handles on Twitter are professional. Most likely a recruiter is responding!
- 19. Questions?
- Contact Information
- Kristina Sanchez:
View more >
OPAC 2.0: Opportunities, development and analysis ?· OPAC 2.0: Opportunities, development and analysis.…
Finding Restaurant Investment Opportunities as the ...hk. ?· Finding Restaurant Investment Opportunities…
Distressed Debt Investing: Finding Opportunities after ?· Distressed Debt Investing: Finding Opportunities…