Post on 18-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONBSE-Final Project Presentation.
- 1. Bachelor of Software Engineering
Project Title : CyberGIS
Design & Development.
make use of existing GIS data providersand expand that technology into new levels, thatthe society can make more use ofitin theirdomains.
develop a GIS based solution to a simple map viewer to a complex geographic related analysis and decision supportsystem.
GIS (Geographic Information Systems) capture geographically distributed spatial data and temporal data for visualizing, analyzing and decision marking.
Many domains are geographically distributed and greatly beneficial from GIS.
Road developmentand maintenance sector.
Transportation and logistics sector.
Police, Security and military sector.
Emergency response and rescue sector.
Problem Definition contd
There are GIS Systems either that required high GIS and mapping knowledge which bit complex (ESRI ArcGIS) or very simple with few functionalities (Google Map).
Very Complex GIS Systems avoid the wide and general use by high costs, requirement of GIS professionals and less usability.
Very simple GIS Systems do the same thing by not providing authorized and secure data access, less customizability and no reporting and analysis features.
A Web based system that users of this system can tag their geographically distributed domain entities on a map, customize these entity details and, store and share them only among other required and authorized parties within the domain.
The CyberGIS system with capabilities as mapping entities, manipulating entity data, mobile operative command, reporting and analysis while ensuring customizability, usability, security and performance.
Solution Purposed contd
Web based system.
Mobile application module for operatives command.
GPS tracking via mobile.
Use Google maps as map data provider.
Private data domains.
Customizable domain maps.
Map data store, visualize, manipulate, analysis.
Solution Purposed contd
9. Design & Development
Is to simply provide a GIS application that is customizable by the business users according to their business needs.
Arising Challenges :
1. Finding a suitable & reliable GIS Provider from available GIS Providers & integrating it to the CyberGIS in a customizable manner by the end users.
3. Find a methodology to Implementing a customizableMapping solution that will allow the user to customizeaccording to his own domain by adding his own icons/images etc.
10. General System Architecture
11. CyberGIS GUI Module Architecture
12. CyberGIS Service Module Architecture
13. CyberGIS Mobile Client Operational Flow
14. Functional Specifications
The major Business Requirements Found for the CyberGIS includes.
- Needs of thebusinesses to provide a customized GIS Based Services tobusiness users that arecustomizable to suit their own domain.
- Needs of the businesses to keep track &streamlinetheir delivery systems in order to provide the best services to the customers.
- Needs of the bussines toMonitor their customer locations based on the customer delivery statistics.
15. Functional Specifications
The System should beable tooperate with optimum performance in internet bandwidth ranging from dialup (52kbps) to ADSL bandwidth (512kbps-3Mbps) &above.
The system should be able to render the content effortlesslytovarious end user devices as personal computers to handheld smart phone devices.
16. Functional Specifications
The system requirement s on the deployment (vendor) site should consistof a cluster ofweb servers running Java EE Edition & Tomcat Application Server.
Each server deployed in the cluster should be at least equipped with the following basichardware configurations.
- Memory 4GB.
- 500GB HDD.
17. Ethernet Network Adapters.